Thread: Pants?

mtbr member
    May 2005

Pants?

Anybody ride in and like a set of MTB pants. I am in need of some to portect me sticks from some P. Oak and other things on some upcoming rides. Never owned a pair.

Suggstions...

Trophy Husband
    TLD fits well...but are moto flashy.
    Extreme stationary biker.

the 36 year old grom
    P. oak... that stuff suxs. i seems to pick up about 2 cases a year. its kinda hot for pants. have you thought about some tights. all mine have felt inside for cool wheather.. but somebody must make some that are just spandex. you can pull some shorts over them if you are a fashion victim.

the 36 year old grom
    or maybe a set of pantyhose will work for you?

"El Whatever"
    Shinguards.... Roach or 661...

Also, check www.groundeffect.co.nz, they have a set of pants.
    Check my Site

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Pretty much everybody I ride with, and me too, rock "fox huck pants" october through march. They are super comfy and built the same as huck shorts, but with full length zippered-cuff bottoms. I am not sure if Fox is still making them.

The look low key, and I wear mine for trailwork days, camping and hiking when it gets cool.

Pants this time of year though?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I hate poison ivy too..my legs still itch from yesterday's ride... but it is just too warm to use tights/pants right now..
    Last edited by crisillo; 06-10-2007 at 07:14 AM.

thats right living legend
    I used to get poison Oak/Ivy as a kid just from looking at it. My eyes would swell shut and everything! I must of built up an imunity to it though cause I havn't gotten it since I was about twelve. I could rub it all over me and hardly get it now.

The only thing worse than geting poison Oak, would have to be riding in pants this time of year.

Edit: And it just so happens that this months issue of Decline has something called "Buji" Poison Oak block and wash. It also has something called ParadiseRoad Poison Oak soap. I diddn't even know such things exsisted? cool.

Your Imaginary Friend
    You don't need pants, you need Tecnu. I'm highly allergic to poison oak and - lucky me - we have tons of it here in SoCal so, after every ride where I even think I've been exposed, I hit the shower, scrub down with Tecnu Extreme (it has little exfoliating particles in it to help get into the skin) and I rarely get anything more than a tiny breakthrough patch of PO.

Pants will cause you to over-heat, will decrease your ability to pedal properly and are just generally uncomfortable. Trust me, try the Tecnu first; it works!
    There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I love Tecnu and Buji and I have had good results with ultra blingy Zanfel. I want some pants for shuttled single track with PO and other braches that love to gouge the legs.

No chance of climbing with pants, I am like an oven as it is.