mtbr member

One race series down, one to go.

I usually race the Reno Twilight Series to get in shape for the Northstar Series, I usually dont hit all the races but I had to cancel my Whistler trip so I decided to race as many as I could. It starts in May and runs through June, 8 races total, more XC type riding then AM like at Northstar. I raced 7 of the 8 races in "Men's B" which is Sport class, they dont break up the age classes, anybody over 18 races together. Last night was the final race and I was in third overall for the series, I had a bunch of 5th place finishes, a 6th, & a 7th, usually 15-25 riders in Sport. I was 6 points behind the second place rider and it was double points, so I had to beat him by two positions to mathematically get the second position. The course was short but it had a pretty steep 3/4 mile access road climb. I passed into second place on the first lap DH but got passed by the rider I had to beat on the second climb, I passed him back on the DH, then he passed me on the final climb but I got him back on the final DH and almost passed the second place rider, an 18 year old kid that weighs 120 lbs. I ended up third in the race last night and third in the series, if I could have got the 18 year old kid, I would have been second in the series. It was so cold and windy at the awards ceremony that I couldnt even lift my arms! The rider that finished first overall and won every race (sandbagger) was told by the organizer last night that he was being bumped up to expert next year, he would basically lap up into the expert field that started 30 seconds before us. I have a two week break until the Northstar series starts, I cant wait.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One race series down, one to go.-p1040063.jpg  

One race series down, one to go.-p1040050.jpg  

One race series down, one to go.-p1040074.jpg  

One race series down, one to go.-p1040084.jpg  

One race series down, one to go.-p1040093.jpg  

One race series down, one to go.-p1040103.jpg  

what's that rattle?
    That looks like a fun series (other than the weather, but at least your helmet looks warm!) Well done.

The sandbagging sounds frustrating, but I'm really sorry to hear about your trip to Whistlerland being cancelled!

Short-Change-Hero
    Good Job dude, so do you live in the Reno area or are you driving in like Clint Clausseen?
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

mtbr member
    Yep Greg...I'm in reno.