mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Offset bushings on Motolite?

Anybody tried it yet? I have a small ML as a back-up bike and really like the slacker head angle on my GT Sanction. TIA..
    d butt u kicked today, could b d same butt you'll kiss tomorrow.....

mtbr member
    I forget who posted it, but I believe someone on the Titus board has (or had) a motolite with offset bushings. ebeer maybe? I can't remember off the tope of my head right now..
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Bump on an ancient thread because I'm considering trying an offset bushing or two on my MotoliteII. I checked and the the rear triangle cross member is close to hitting the frame as-is, so i'm not sure if it will work actually but i'm fairly certain I could run one 3mm offset.

Angleset is actually out of the question for me right now because due to my short steering tube i can't go with a headset any bigger than about 20mm total stack height, and all the anglesets with external cups are 30+mm.

Not that I'm dissatisfied with my ML, it kicks serious ass. I'd just like to slacken the headangle just a bit though to try it.

I contacted "ebeer" on this and he actually was running an angle set (and loved it, apparently), but I can't find a single person using offset bushings on one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Anyone? I've got worn out bushings (badly) on my 09 MLII. Looking to replace them with some offsets to give it a shot (for science), but i cannot for the life of me find the published sizes on the required bushings. I have my original bushings, but they are SO worn out I don't want to measure them and get replacements made in the same size.. because they are LOOSE.

Anyways any input at all is welcome

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Your off-set bushing are on e-bay. Look under cycling, rear shox, off set bushings. They are made by proshox. The e-bay site sell all different sizes. They also list them in ti. $19.99=steel $32.99 Ti.