mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Nokon Housing Question...

For those of you that use Nokon shift housing on your ML, are you using Nokons for the center section of housing as well?

Thanks in advance!

cheers,
    simp

mtbr member
    I ran the Nokon beads for all of the sections on my SB. However, I had to buy a lot more beads than the ones that are included in the kit. I think this is a common complaint if you read the reviews. I also bought long lengths of the inner sheath so I could run it the full length of the cable.
    I recently had to replace the rear derailleur cable and I just took the whole Nokon stuff off. After using it for over a year, I'm not sure it has a great advantage over any other quality cable and housing and it sure is more trouble to install.
    My .02
    dD
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who count in binary, and those who don't.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Sound advice, DD. Thanks man. I been shoppin around for some new housin and thought this would be pretty sweet stuff. But I'm starting to think the real bonus of the Nokon housing is in using it for brakes. Either V's or cable actuated disc brakes.

thanks again,
    simp

Woohoo

cables

Check out drycables.com. I have been running them on my RX for over a year and haven't had any trouble. They come with a full length sheath and are pretty stout housing.