mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Newbie Titus Rider.......Need help/advice

I'm new to the mountain biking world and would like some advice/help. I picked up a Titus Racer X back in December. It has a lot of good stuff on it from what i've heard. I will post pics soon. Anyways............I have the Rock Shox Reba Team forks and Fox RP23 rear. After I ride maybe twice, the front forks feel realllllllly soft and the remote lock out doesn't work. I've had them rebuilt 2 times now. I would like to replace them with a Fox fork but I don't know which one is best suited for this bike and my riding style. I'm more of a cross country or single track rider. Nothing real hard core or anything. Any help and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

The Cheater
    I use the Fox F32 100mm RLC, but you can use the RL version just fine. It's the perfect complement to the racing character of the bike. My buddy use Rockshox Reba and he's doing ok as well. We ride single and fast furious winding track as well as rocky descends.
    Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

mtbr member
    Not real familiar with the racer x, I've got an EG, but it looks like it's built around a 100mm fork (unless it's a small - 80mm). I am a fan of Fox forks, always had good results with 'em. Sounds like you want to stick with one of their 32mm stanchion models, and if you want lock out, just make sure the model has an L in its model description ie. 32 Float RLC: R=rebound adjustable, L= lock out, C= compression adjustable.

I've got a 32 Float RLC 140 on my Intense 5.5, it's more of a XC/trail bike than my EG, which has a 36 Talus RC 160. Sometimes I miss not having the lock out on the EG, and really never use the Talus adjustable travel feature, so I really wouldn't recommend a Talus for XC type riding.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    What kind of air pressure are you running in the reba on the Positive and Negative chambers? What year is your reba?
    I find it hard to believe it is really soft as it is an air fork and is only as soft as the amount of air you put into it. I find that a rockshox reba properly set up is better then a fox.
    Try sending your fork to Push. It will be cheaper and you will have a way better fork in the end.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks for the input. Not sure one the rear of the fork. The guy that rebuilt it didn't tell me nor did I ask. I will post pics this weekend. He told me the first time that there was no oil in it what so ever, which in turn caused the lockout to not work. After he rebuilt it it was great. I think because the bike had been hanging from my garage upside down, the oil leaked out again. Is that normal? It was pretty oily on the right hand side of the fork, where the lockout cable is. I have been running around 110psi in the fork too. Thanks again guys.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Not sure on the YEAR. Sorry.................too early to be typing.