Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VooDoo user.

The new Titus trailbike.

Any updates on that new 6.5 inch trail bike I've seen in a couple magazines. Can't wait to ride one. Might make me get rid of my MOMENT.

"Its All Good"
    Seems to have gone a little quite on whats happenign with the Titus Buck 60. Should be good from what I have read.....................

Talk to Jeff at Titus, he is a great help, or Mathias, he's a top fella............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Talk to Jeff at Titus, he is a great help, or Mathias, he's a top fella............
    I was hoping to ask Chris Cocalis about it at the demo day I'm going to in two weeks, but I guess that's not going to happen now . I will ask whoever is there, though, and I'll post back if I find out any new info.

Patrick

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    I was hoping to ask Chris Cocalis about it at the demo day I'm going to in two weeks, but I guess that's not going to happen now . I will ask whoever is there, though, and I'll post back if I find out any new info.

Patrick
    PCinSC, i was going to say the same thing, talk to CC. But no longer........... Will be interesting to hear your findings in a couple of weeks...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    PCinSC, i was going to say the same thing, talk to CC. But no longer........... Will be interesting to hear your findings in a couple of weeks...

Well... Titus came through here a couple weeks ago, but I was out of town and missed it, nobody even told me about it. But I have to say when I got back the whole cycling world around here was talking about them. Everyone I ran into was saying how cool they were, and they stuck around for a few day's and even went on some urban rides with em. And these are not Titus guy's either. Like I've said Titus wasn't even all that well known around here. I've never heard anything like it! I mean everyone...Raves!! Thier telling me stories about locals even came out and were giving shuttle runs for the SM's...witch I've never even heard of happening before.

FOR REAL!!! those guy's made quit an impression down here...

A demo day is a demo day, but people who hardly knew of Titus were acting like Disney land had come to town, or something, when I'd gotten back..Damnit!!
    Last edited by blackagness; 07-09-2006 at 09:07 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Trail day info

Yeah, I hate missing demo day. Don't know why, if they are coming to your town for a demo day, they don't post a blurb on MTBR.com or other popular website (I know of morcmtb.org for Minniesota area). If I was in the business of selling bikes I would get the word out that I am coming!!!

Chris

mtbr member
    May 2006

Demo Tour schedule...

Here's there schedule from the Titus web site:

Titus Demo Program
    We at Titus blend passion and technology into every frame we craft and we’re giving you the opportunity to try one of our amazing bikes for yourself. From the nimble and quick Racer-X to the ultra versatile Super Moto, the smooth and predictable ride of the Solera to the exotic and lightning fast Vuelo; we have a bike designed with you in mind.

Check out the Titus Demo Tour events in your area and get there! Please use the contact number given to find the exact location of the event, since it may, or may not be held at the sponsoring bike shop. Please bring helmet, bike shoes and valid ID, and please call ahead to verify dates, times and places. We do our best to assure consistency, but sometimes nature or other circumstances get in the way. Therefore, this posted schedule is subject to change without notice.

June
    June 10 Crazy Cat Cyclery Demo - El Paso, TX 915-585-9666
    June 13 Hammerhead Bikes Demo - Austin, TX 512-331-2002
    June 14 Mad Duck Adventure Sport Demo - Grapevine, TX 817-442-0339
    June 15 Plano Cycling & Fitness Demo - Garland, TX 972-423-4170
    June 15 Dallas Bike Works Demo - Garland, TX 214-341-8921
    June 17 Competitive Cyclist Demo - Little Rock, AR 501-663-8796
    June 24 Suck Creek Cycles Demo - Chattanooga, TN 423-266-8883
    June 25 Cahaba Cycles Demo - Birmingham, AL 205-967-2003
    July
    July 1 Free Flite Bikes Demo - Atlanta, GA 770-422-5237
    July 2 Free Flite Bikes Demo - Atlanta, GA 770-422-5237
    July 8 Franks Cyclery Demo - Lake CrabtreeCounty Park - Morrisville, NC 919-293-0200
    July 11 South Park Cycles Demo - Renaissance Park - Charlotte, NC 704-522-7006
    July 15 Race Pace Demo - Baltimore, MD 410-461-7878
    July 16 Race Pace Demo - Baltimore, MD 410-461-7879
    July 22 Speedgoat Demo - Pittsburg PA 724-238-7181
    July 23 Speedgoat Demo - Pittsburg PA 724-238-7181
    July 28-30 Pedros Festival - Lanesboro, MA
    August
    August 4-6 National Mountain Bike Series #5 - Brian Head, UT
    August 11-13 National Mountain Bike Series #6 - Snowmass, CO
    August 19-20 Absolute Bikes / Care & Share Food Bank Old-Fashioned Mountain Bike Festival & Race - Flagstaff, AZ
    September
    Sept 25-29 Interbike Tradeshow - Las Vegas, NV
    October
    October 31 Moab Halloween Bike Festival - Moab, UT

I agree with the comments posted above - it would have been nice if someone from the company would have posted a thread about this once the schedule was set earlier in the year.

Do It Yourself
    They just came through my area last Saturday. They have a nice setup with a load of bikes. I rode a Large MotoLite for a while and then took a quick lap on Ti RX 29er (SWEET!!!). Check it out if you can.
    Long Live Long Rides

VooDoo user.
    TRAILBIKE TRAILBIKE TRAILBIKE!!!! no 29er!

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    TRAILBIKE TRAILBIKE TRAILBIKE!!!! no 29er!

They didn't have a Buck 60there for test ride. So unless you have a serious hookup, you'll probably have to wait for Interbike Demo Days.

If you get one, are you going to change your username to Buck60?
    Long Live Long Rides

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    They didn't have a Buck 60there for test ride. So unless you have a serious hookup, you'll probably have to wait for Interbike Demo Days.

If so Moment, best you reserve that bad boy Buck60 name now.................Dam, the names a gettign like web domain names etc.................

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    You know?... there are nicks that grow up on you!!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Any updates on that new 6.5 inch trail bike I've seen in a couple magazines. Can't wait to ride one. Might make me get rid of my MOMENT.

Hi guys,

Here's a little bit of info that I can share with you about the new six inch bike. For the record, the name Buck-60 was an internal name of the prototype, designating the amount of travel the bike had. For production you will see this frame with the moniker "El Guapo".

Frame weight should land about 6.8 lbs. The Prototype weighed 7lbs even with rear shock but with no butted tubes, and none of the machined parts were as light as the production units will be. The bike should very easily be the light weight, high strength leader of the pack. Rear shock will most likely be a custom tuned, large air volume, 2007 FOX RP23, although the design has accommodations for a coil shock as well. Rear travel is 160mm. Angles are 68 head, 71.5 seat angle (with a 160mm travel FOX 36). Chainstay length is 17.25” and BB height is 13.85”. Although it is still a 4-bar Horst-Link bike, this one does not share ANY of the pivot points or the travel path philosophy of our other FS bikes. As with all Titus bikes, the linkage and shock tuning are designed to be the class leader in pedaling efficiency and climbing performance. The new pivot locations and travel path enable the El Guapo to really shine on the high speed, big hit stuff as well.

We're currently expecting delivery of the first production run around early December, but that is subject to change. That's all I can share for now, but keep your eyes open for more details at Interbike.

screamer

happy hunting

On those numbers alone, it sounds like a total killer!

Attached Images Attached Images

Awsome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Hi guys,

Here's a little bit of info that I can share with you about the new six inch bike. For the record, the name Buck-60 was an internal name of the prototype, designating the amount of travel the bike had. For production you will see this frame with the moniker "El Guapo".

Frame weight should land about 6.8 lbs. The Prototype weighed 7lbs even with rear shock but with no butted tubes, and none of the machined parts were as light as the production units will be. The bike should very easily be the light weight, high strength leader of the pack. Rear shock will most likely be a custom tuned, large air volume, 2007 FOX RP23, although the design has accommodations for a coil shock as well. Rear travel is 160mm. Angles are 68 head, 71.5 seat angle (with a 160mm travel FOX 36). Chainstay length is 17.25” and BB height is 13.85”. Although it is still a 4-bar Horst-Link bike, this one does not share ANY of the pivot points or the travel path philosophy of our other FS bikes. As with all Titus bikes, the linkage and shock tuning are designed to be the class leader in pedaling efficiency and climbing performance. The new pivot locations and travel path enable the El Guapo to really shine on the high speed, big hit stuff as well.

We're currently expecting delivery of the first production run around early December, but that is subject to change. That's all I can share for now, but keep your eyes open for more details at Interbike.

Sound beautiful! And I love the name...

Paper or plastic?
    Damn, that sounds very sweet. A worthy long travel trailbike at 30-31#. Nice!

If I'm not mistaken, those chainstays are longer than the current ML/Supermoto, which would make sense due to the uninterrupted seattubed and longer travel. In theory, that should make it a good climber and slightly counteract the slacker HA.

What do you armchair designers think?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Hi guys,

Frame weight should land about 6.8 lbs. Rear shock will most likely be a custom tuned, large air volume, 2007 FOX RP23, although the design has accommodations for a coil shock as well. Rear travel is 160mm. Angles are 68 head, 71.5 seat angle (with a 160mm travel FOX 36). Chainstay length is 17.25” and BB height is 13.85”.
    SCHWINNNNG! Looks like a winner.

Based on the pictures, I had pegged this as more of a light FR rig, a market which seems kinda saturdated to me. Plus light FR bikes are like a gateway drug.... but with the low BB and lighter weight, this seems like more of a capable burley long travel trail bike, ala 5-pack or 575, but really best of both or somewhere between. With a 13.85" BB, this will likely corner on rails! (thats more like a 130mm BB height)

I wonder what the shock length and sstroke will be? It woudl be cool if it used a longer stroke shock to keep the leverage down. 160mm out of a 2" stroke shock is a push for the bigger guys.

my 150mm AM SL would likely fit really nice on that frame...

definately interested.

Quote Originally Posted by FM

Based on the pictures, I had pegged this as more of a light FR rig, a market which seems kinda saturdated to me. Plus light FR bikes are like a gateway drug.... but with the low BB and lighter weight, this seems like more of a capable burley long travel trail bike, ala 5-pack or 575, but really best of both or somewhere between. With a 13.85" BB, this will likely corner on rails! (thats more like a 130mm BB height)

I wonder what the shock length and sstroke will be? It woudl be cool if it used a longer stroke shock to keep the leverage down. 160mm out of a 2" stroke shock is a push for the bigger guys.

definately interested.

Yeah! the BB hieght gave it away for me. And with your knowledg...and based on your discription of how the bike might be intended to behave... I'm in love.

ಠ_ಠ
    too bad it doesn't have a 1.5 headtube.

The new RS Lyric would make a nice front end for El Guapo!

long standing member
    I was thinking the same thing. It's cool that it will be available with a coil shock. Although, as of tomorrow my interest in this bike must cease, as my search will have ended.

I'm probably still going to the Demo day, though. I gotta get a leg over a Supermoto.

Patrick

ಠ_ಠ

definately interested.
    So would this take the place of your Motolite, or would it fit between it and your Turner.

I was thinking the same thing. It's cool that it will be available with a coil shock. Although, as of tomorrow my interest in this bike must cease, as my search will have ended.

I'm probably still going to the Demo day, though. I gotta get a leg over a Supermoto.

Patrick

Well?????????

I hate when people do that!

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    too bad it doesn't have a 1.5 headtube.

The new RS Lyric would make a nice front end for El Guapo!

IIRC the new RS Lyric and Totem are going to be available with 1.5 and 1 1/8 steerers. The Lyric does seem to be a great fit for this bike.

Some '07 RS info

Patrick

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well?????????

I hate when people do that!
    I don't want to say for sure until I have the item in hand, I'm picking it up tomorrow. But even then, unfortunately, I won't be posting the pics on this particular forum. FM knows...

Patrick

I don't want to say for sure until I have the item in hand, I'm picking it up tomorrow. But even then, unfortunately, I won't be posting the pics on this particular forum. FM knows...

Patrick

Well as long as it starts with a T...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast