Results 1 to 65 of 65
  1. #1
    locked - time out
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,391

    The new Titus trailbike.

    Any updates on that new 6.5 inch trail bike I've seen in a couple magazines. Can't wait to ride one. Might make me get rid of my MOMENT.


  2. #2
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Seems to have gone a little quite on whats happenign with the Titus Buck 60. Should be good from what I have read.....................

    Talk to Jeff at Titus, he is a great help, or Mathias, he's a top fella............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  3. #3
    long standing member
    Reputation: PCinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Talk to Jeff at Titus, he is a great help, or Mathias, he's a top fella............
    I was hoping to ask Chris Cocalis about it at the demo day I'm going to in two weeks, but I guess that's not going to happen now . I will ask whoever is there, though, and I'll post back if I find out any new info.

    Patrick

  4. #4
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    I was hoping to ask Chris Cocalis about it at the demo day I'm going to in two weeks, but I guess that's not going to happen now . I will ask whoever is there, though, and I'll post back if I find out any new info.

    Patrick
    PCinSC, i was going to say the same thing, talk to CC. But no longer........... Will be interesting to hear your findings in a couple of weeks...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  5. #5
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    PCinSC, i was going to say the same thing, talk to CC. But no longer........... Will be interesting to hear your findings in a couple of weeks...

    Well... Titus came through here a couple weeks ago, but I was out of town and missed it, nobody even told me about it. But I have to say when I got back the whole cycling world around here was talking about them. Everyone I ran into was saying how cool they were, and they stuck around for a few day's and even went on some urban rides with em. And these are not Titus guy's either. Like I've said Titus wasn't even all that well known around here. I've never heard anything like it! I mean everyone...Raves!! Thier telling me stories about locals even came out and were giving shuttle runs for the SM's...witch I've never even heard of happening before.

    FOR REAL!!! those guy's made quit an impression down here...

    A demo day is a demo day, but people who hardly knew of Titus were acting like Disney land had come to town, or something, when I'd gotten back..Damnit!!
    Last edited by blackagness; 07-09-2006 at 09:07 AM.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    898

    Trail day info

    Yeah, I hate missing demo day. Don't know why, if they are coming to your town for a demo day, they don't post a blurb on MTBR.com or other popular website (I know of morcmtb.org for Minniesota area). If I was in the business of selling bikes I would get the word out that I am coming!!!

    Chris

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39

    Demo Tour schedule...

    Here's there schedule from the Titus web site:

    Titus Demo Program
    We at Titus blend passion and technology into every frame we craft and we’re giving you the opportunity to try one of our amazing bikes for yourself. From the nimble and quick Racer-X to the ultra versatile Super Moto, the smooth and predictable ride of the Solera to the exotic and lightning fast Vuelo; we have a bike designed with you in mind.

    Check out the Titus Demo Tour events in your area and get there! Please use the contact number given to find the exact location of the event, since it may, or may not be held at the sponsoring bike shop. Please bring helmet, bike shoes and valid ID, and please call ahead to verify dates, times and places. We do our best to assure consistency, but sometimes nature or other circumstances get in the way. Therefore, this posted schedule is subject to change without notice.

    June
    June 10 Crazy Cat Cyclery Demo - El Paso, TX 915-585-9666
    June 13 Hammerhead Bikes Demo - Austin, TX 512-331-2002
    June 14 Mad Duck Adventure Sport Demo - Grapevine, TX 817-442-0339
    June 15 Plano Cycling & Fitness Demo - Garland, TX 972-423-4170
    June 15 Dallas Bike Works Demo - Garland, TX 214-341-8921
    June 17 Competitive Cyclist Demo - Little Rock, AR 501-663-8796
    June 24 Suck Creek Cycles Demo - Chattanooga, TN 423-266-8883
    June 25 Cahaba Cycles Demo - Birmingham, AL 205-967-2003
    July
    July 1 Free Flite Bikes Demo - Atlanta, GA 770-422-5237
    July 2 Free Flite Bikes Demo - Atlanta, GA 770-422-5237
    July 8 Franks Cyclery Demo - Lake CrabtreeCounty Park - Morrisville, NC 919-293-0200
    July 11 South Park Cycles Demo - Renaissance Park - Charlotte, NC 704-522-7006
    July 15 Race Pace Demo - Baltimore, MD 410-461-7878
    July 16 Race Pace Demo - Baltimore, MD 410-461-7879
    July 22 Speedgoat Demo - Pittsburg PA 724-238-7181
    July 23 Speedgoat Demo - Pittsburg PA 724-238-7181
    July 28-30 Pedros Festival - Lanesboro, MA
    August
    August 4-6 National Mountain Bike Series #5 - Brian Head, UT
    August 11-13 National Mountain Bike Series #6 - Snowmass, CO
    August 19-20 Absolute Bikes / Care & Share Food Bank Old-Fashioned Mountain Bike Festival & Race - Flagstaff, AZ
    September
    Sept 25-29 Interbike Tradeshow - Las Vegas, NV
    October
    October 31 Moab Halloween Bike Festival - Moab, UT


    I agree with the comments posted above - it would have been nice if someone from the company would have posted a thread about this once the schedule was set earlier in the year.

  8. #8
    Do It Yourself
    Reputation: Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,721
    They just came through my area last Saturday. They have a nice setup with a load of bikes. I rode a Large MotoLite for a while and then took a quick lap on Ti RX 29er (SWEET!!!). Check it out if you can.
    Long Live Long Rides

  9. #9
    locked - time out
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,391
    TRAILBIKE TRAILBIKE TRAILBIKE!!!! no 29er!

  10. #10
    Do It Yourself
    Reputation: Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,721
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    TRAILBIKE TRAILBIKE TRAILBIKE!!!! no 29er!

    They didn't have a Buck 60there for test ride. So unless you have a serious hookup, you'll probably have to wait for Interbike Demo Days.

    If you get one, are you going to change your username to Buck60?
    Long Live Long Rides

  11. #11
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    They didn't have a Buck 60there for test ride. So unless you have a serious hookup, you'll probably have to wait for Interbike Demo Days.

    If you get one, are you going to change your username to Buck60?
    If so Moment, best you reserve that bad boy Buck60 name now.................Dam, the names a gettign like web domain names etc.................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  12. #12
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    If you get one, are you going to change your username to Buck60?
    You know?... there are nicks that grow up on you!!
    Check my Site

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Any updates on that new 6.5 inch trail bike I've seen in a couple magazines. Can't wait to ride one. Might make me get rid of my MOMENT.

    Hi guys,

    Here's a little bit of info that I can share with you about the new six inch bike. For the record, the name Buck-60 was an internal name of the prototype, designating the amount of travel the bike had. For production you will see this frame with the moniker "El Guapo".

    Frame weight should land about 6.8 lbs. The Prototype weighed 7lbs even with rear shock but with no butted tubes, and none of the machined parts were as light as the production units will be. The bike should very easily be the light weight, high strength leader of the pack. Rear shock will most likely be a custom tuned, large air volume, 2007 FOX RP23, although the design has accommodations for a coil shock as well. Rear travel is 160mm. Angles are 68 head, 71.5 seat angle (with a 160mm travel FOX 36). Chainstay length is 17.25” and BB height is 13.85”. Although it is still a 4-bar Horst-Link bike, this one does not share ANY of the pivot points or the travel path philosophy of our other FS bikes. As with all Titus bikes, the linkage and shock tuning are designed to be the class leader in pedaling efficiency and climbing performance. The new pivot locations and travel path enable the El Guapo to really shine on the high speed, big hit stuff as well.

    We're currently expecting delivery of the first production run around early December, but that is subject to change. That's all I can share for now, but keep your eyes open for more details at Interbike.

  14. #14
    screamer
    Reputation: budgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,275

    happy hunting

    On those numbers alone, it sounds like a total killer!

    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #15
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377

    Awsome!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Hi guys,

    Here's a little bit of info that I can share with you about the new six inch bike. For the record, the name Buck-60 was an internal name of the prototype, designating the amount of travel the bike had. For production you will see this frame with the moniker "El Guapo".

    Frame weight should land about 6.8 lbs. The Prototype weighed 7lbs even with rear shock but with no butted tubes, and none of the machined parts were as light as the production units will be. The bike should very easily be the light weight, high strength leader of the pack. Rear shock will most likely be a custom tuned, large air volume, 2007 FOX RP23, although the design has accommodations for a coil shock as well. Rear travel is 160mm. Angles are 68 head, 71.5 seat angle (with a 160mm travel FOX 36). Chainstay length is 17.25” and BB height is 13.85”. Although it is still a 4-bar Horst-Link bike, this one does not share ANY of the pivot points or the travel path philosophy of our other FS bikes. As with all Titus bikes, the linkage and shock tuning are designed to be the class leader in pedaling efficiency and climbing performance. The new pivot locations and travel path enable the El Guapo to really shine on the high speed, big hit stuff as well.

    We're currently expecting delivery of the first production run around early December, but that is subject to change. That's all I can share for now, but keep your eyes open for more details at Interbike.

    Sound beautiful! And I love the name...

  16. #16
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,132
    Damn, that sounds very sweet. A worthy long travel trailbike at 30-31#. Nice!

    If I'm not mistaken, those chainstays are longer than the current ML/Supermoto, which would make sense due to the uninterrupted seattubed and longer travel. In theory, that should make it a good climber and slightly counteract the slacker HA.

    What do you armchair designers think?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  17. #17
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Hi guys,

    Frame weight should land about 6.8 lbs. Rear shock will most likely be a custom tuned, large air volume, 2007 FOX RP23, although the design has accommodations for a coil shock as well. Rear travel is 160mm. Angles are 68 head, 71.5 seat angle (with a 160mm travel FOX 36). Chainstay length is 17.25” and BB height is 13.85”.
    SCHWINNNNG! Looks like a winner.

    Based on the pictures, I had pegged this as more of a light FR rig, a market which seems kinda saturdated to me. Plus light FR bikes are like a gateway drug.... but with the low BB and lighter weight, this seems like more of a capable burley long travel trail bike, ala 5-pack or 575, but really best of both or somewhere between. With a 13.85" BB, this will likely corner on rails! (thats more like a 130mm BB height)

    I wonder what the shock length and sstroke will be? It woudl be cool if it used a longer stroke shock to keep the leverage down. 160mm out of a 2" stroke shock is a push for the bigger guys.

    my 150mm AM SL would likely fit really nice on that frame...

    definately interested.

  18. #18
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    SCHWINNNNG! Looks like a winner.

    Based on the pictures, I had pegged this as more of a light FR rig, a market which seems kinda saturdated to me. Plus light FR bikes are like a gateway drug.... but with the low BB and lighter weight, this seems like more of a capable burley long travel trail bike, ala 5-pack or 575, but really best of both or somewhere between. With a 13.85" BB, this will likely corner on rails! (thats more like a 130mm BB height)

    I wonder what the shock length and sstroke will be? It woudl be cool if it used a longer stroke shock to keep the leverage down. 160mm out of a 2" stroke shock is a push for the bigger guys.

    my 150mm AM SL would likely fit really nice on that frame...

    definately interested.

    Yeah! the BB hieght gave it away for me. And with your knowledg...and based on your discription of how the bike might be intended to behave... I'm in love.

  19. #19
    ಠ_ಠ
    Reputation: dulyebr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,192
    too bad it doesn't have a 1.5 headtube.

    The new RS Lyric would make a nice front end for El Guapo!

  20. #20
    long standing member
    Reputation: PCinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I wonder what the shock length and sstroke will be? It woudl be cool if it used a longer stroke shock to keep the leverage down. 160mm out of a 2" stroke shock is a push for the bigger guys.
    I was thinking the same thing. It's cool that it will be available with a coil shock. Although, as of tomorrow my interest in this bike must cease, as my search will have ended.

    I'm probably still going to the Demo day, though. I gotta get a leg over a Supermoto.

    Patrick

  21. #21
    ಠ_ಠ
    Reputation: dulyebr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    SCHWINNNNG! Looks like a winner.

    Based on the pictures, I had pegged this as more of a light FR rig, a market which seems kinda saturdated to me. Plus light FR bikes are like a gateway drug.... but with the low BB and lighter weight, this seems like more of a capable burley long travel trail bike, ala 5-pack or 575, but really best of both or somewhere between. With a 13.85" BB, this will likely corner on rails! (thats more like a 130mm BB height)

    I wonder what the shock length and sstroke will be? It woudl be cool if it used a longer stroke shock to keep the leverage down. 160mm out of a 2" stroke shock is a push for the bigger guys.

    my 150mm AM SL would likely fit really nice on that frame...

    definately interested.
    So would this take the place of your Motolite, or would it fit between it and your Turner.

  22. #22
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    I was thinking the same thing. It's cool that it will be available with a coil shock. Although, as of tomorrow my interest in this bike must cease, as my search will have ended.

    I'm probably still going to the Demo day, though. I gotta get a leg over a Supermoto.

    Patrick

    Well?????????

    I hate when people do that!

  23. #23
    long standing member
    Reputation: PCinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    too bad it doesn't have a 1.5 headtube.

    The new RS Lyric would make a nice front end for El Guapo!

    IIRC the new RS Lyric and Totem are going to be available with 1.5 and 1 1/8 steerers. The Lyric does seem to be a great fit for this bike.

    Some '07 RS info

    Patrick

  24. #24
    long standing member
    Reputation: PCinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well?????????

    I hate when people do that!
    I don't want to say for sure until I have the item in hand, I'm picking it up tomorrow. But even then, unfortunately, I won't be posting the pics on this particular forum. FM knows...

    Patrick

  25. #25
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    I don't want to say for sure until I have the item in hand, I'm picking it up tomorrow. But even then, unfortunately, I won't be posting the pics on this particular forum. FM knows...

    Patrick


    Well as long as it starts with a T...

  26. #26
    long standing member
    Reputation: PCinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well as long as it starts with a T...
    LOL

    Yup, and it even has a Horst link. Not that I could tell the difference, anyway.

    Patrick

  27. #27
    ಠ_ಠ
    Reputation: dulyebr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    IIRC the new RS Lyric and Totem are going to be available with 1.5 and 1 1/8 steerers. The Lyric does seem to be a great fit for this bike.

    Some '07 RS info

    Patrick
    Oh yea, those statements were independent from each other.

  28. #28
    long standing member
    Reputation: PCinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    Oh yea, those statements were independent from each other.
    Oh, I see. Silly me .

    Patrick

  29. #29
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,383
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    So would this take the place of your Motolite, or would it fit between it and your Turner.
    It would take the place of the moto I suppose; but really I haven't owned the moto long enough to think much about replacing it already. OTOH, the Guapo looks like it's coming stock with the geometry I want- similar to what I'm coaxing out of the motolite with a longer fork (except the guapo is designed to be that way).

  30. #30
    Do It Yourself
    Reputation: Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,721
    Lucky Day: (Reading telegram) "Three Amigos, Hollywood, California. You are very great. 100,000 pesos. Come to Santa Poco put on show, stop. The In-famous El Guapo."

    Dusty Bottoms: What does that mean, in-famous?

    Ned Nederlander: Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This bike El Guapo, it's not just famous, it's IN-famous.

    Lucky Day: 100,000 pesos to perform with this El Guapo, which is probably the biggest bike to come out of Titus!

    Dusty Bottoms: Wow, in-famous? In-famous?
    Long Live Long Rides

  31. #31
    wg
    wg is offline
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Reputation: wg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Hi guys,

    Here's a little bit of info that I can share with you about the new six inch bike. For the record, the name Buck-60 was an internal name of the prototype, designating the amount of travel the bike had. For production you will see this frame with the moniker "El Guapo".

    Frame weight should land about 6.8 lbs. The Prototype weighed 7lbs even with rear shock but with no butted tubes, and none of the machined parts were as light as the production units will be. The bike should very easily be the light weight, high strength leader of the pack. Rear shock will most likely be a custom tuned, large air volume, 2007 FOX RP23, although the design has accommodations for a coil shock as well. Rear travel is 160mm. Angles are 68 head, 71.5 seat angle (with a 160mm travel FOX 36). Chainstay length is 17.25” and BB height is 13.85”. Although it is still a 4-bar Horst-Link bike, this one does not share ANY of the pivot points or the travel path philosophy of our other FS bikes. As with all Titus bikes, the linkage and shock tuning are designed to be the class leader in pedaling efficiency and climbing performance. The new pivot locations and travel path enable the El Guapo to really shine on the high speed, big hit stuff as well.

    We're currently expecting delivery of the first production run around early December, but that is subject to change. That's all I can share for now, but keep your eyes open for more details at Interbike.

    Very, very cool. Any way to share rider weight suggestions? I know I'm pushing my SB's limits with a 220lb load and I've started shopping/dreaming/hoping for an upgrade in the next year. Of course I gotta ask about price range....even a ball park... under $1500, under $1700. I wanna start saving some pennies.
    Don't harsh my mello

  32. #32
    long standing member
    Reputation: PCinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Well as long as it starts with a T...
    In case you were curious: RFX

  33. #33
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    In case you were curious: RFX

    Nice choice! Can't wait to see the first ride report...

  34. #34
    locked - time out
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,391
    You all may have to start calling me EL GUAPO!!!

    This bike sounds sweet. Light weight and can take a beating. Hope all the hype is true.

    Is it decemberr yet. HOW MUCH LONGER?

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    Oh yea, those statements were independent from each other.
    regardless, the fact remains that the 1.5 version of the lyric has a better stiffness:weight ratio than the 1.125 version. i.e. turns out that everything we learned in engineering school is actually true.

    i actively encourage frame designers (when i get an opportunity) to go with 1.5 HT if the bike has 6+ inches of travel. it's a win/win, regardless of whether the fork is 1.125 or 1.5 ST for each particular purchaser.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bizarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    459
    awesome demo when Titus came to Austin....great guy, great bikes.
    I love my Loco Moto still and can't wait for the El Guapo to come out. Saving my bones now. Don't know about the 68 degree head angle though...

  37. #37
    locked - time out
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by wg
    Very, very cool. Any way to share rider weight suggestions? I know I'm pushing my SB's limits with a 220lb load and I've started shopping/dreaming/hoping for an upgrade in the next year. Of course I gotta ask about price range....even a ball park... under $1500, under $1700. I wanna start saving some pennies.

    I asked about the $$$. I was told it will be competative with bikes in the same class. I'm hoping its under $2000.

  38. #38
    locked - time out
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,391
    Any new pics or news? Having a hard time waiting for interbike.

    Throw me a bone dewds.

    Been having dreams about this bike with a DHX-air and '07 36 talas.
    Somone stop the tingling.

  39. #39
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Any new pics or news? Having a hard time waiting for interbike.

    Throw me a bone dewds.

    Been having dreams about this bike with a DHX-air and '07 36 talas.
    Somone stop the tingling.


    Yeah... Since I've read the production model will look diffrent, I'm dying to see what it'll look like!

  40. #40
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Yeah... Since I've read the production model will look diffrent, I'm dying to see what it'll look like!
    Can see a Lyrik or Totem on this 6 inch scooter...............mmmmmmmmmmm
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  41. #41
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Can see a Lyrik or Totem on this 6 inch scooter...............mmmmmmmmmmm
    Definitely looking forward to Interbike. Is anybody from this board going this year?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  42. #42
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    Definitely looking forward to Interbike. Is anybody from this board going this year?
    Would be going if I lived in your neck of the woods, the US of A.... There is talk of my work wanting to move me there. Dang, have only been in Spain 7 months..... Would be good though.............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  43. #43
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    Hi guys,

    Here's a little bit of info that I can share with you about the new six inch bike. For the record, the name Buck-60 was an internal name of the prototype, designating the amount of travel the bike had. For production you will see this frame with the moniker "El Guapo".

    Frame weight should land about 6.8 lbs. The Prototype weighed 7lbs even with rear shock but with no butted tubes, and none of the machined parts were as light as the production units will be. The bike should very easily be the light weight, high strength leader of the pack. Rear shock will most likely be a custom tuned, large air volume, 2007 FOX RP23, although the design has accommodations for a coil shock as well. Rear travel is 160mm. Angles are 68 head, 71.5 seat angle (with a 160mm travel FOX 36). Chainstay length is 17.25” and BB height is 13.85”. Although it is still a 4-bar Horst-Link bike, this one does not share ANY of the pivot points or the travel path philosophy of our other FS bikes. As with all Titus bikes, the linkage and shock tuning are designed to be the class leader in pedaling efficiency and climbing performance. The new pivot locations and travel path enable the El Guapo to really shine on the high speed, big hit stuff as well.

    We're currently expecting delivery of the first production run around early December, but that is subject to change. That's all I can share for now, but keep your eyes open for more details at Interbike.
    Sounds like a winner be interesting to see the production model, Lyrik 1/18 would be perfect.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  44. #44
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Sounds like a winner be interesting to see the production model, Lyrik 1/18 would be perfect.
    hey slippery man, what are you sniffing aorund here for.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  45. #45
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    hey slippery man, what are you sniffing aorund here for.
    Being slippery I se ya on the out T board from time to time thought Id share the love.

    Im still turnermated

    Hay with all those tools ya still miss my expertise I see Nice RP23 and pushed too dude very nice!

    Pity we can't get a ride in
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  46. #46
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Being slippery I se ya on the out T board from time to time thought Id share the love.

    Im still turnermated

    Hay with all those tools ya still miss my expertise I see Nice RP23 and pushed too dude very nice!

    Pity we can't get a ride in
    I too have some expertise dude, sometimes it is easier to ask the boys...........Yep i see you are still terminated. Funny comment though saying that they are the best bikes ever made....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm come on man, that is some hand on pee pee surely..There are many great bikes....... Its the auro of the turner group that can become too much.................. at times I mean...................Will be intersting to see how this Push'd RP23 goes.........Am liking the idea of a................................... How is momentus and mudgee?
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  47. #47
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    I too have some expertise dude, sometimes it is easier to ask the boys...........Yep i see you are still terminated. Funny comment though saying that they are the best bikes ever made....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm come on man, that is some hand on pee pee surely..There are many great bikes....... Its the auro of the turner group that can become too much.................. at times I mean...................Will be intersting to see how this Push'd RP23 goes.........Am liking the idea of a................................... How is momentus and mudgee?
    Twas a dig bro, that baby better come soon

    Not sure where I said they are the best bikes made but suit me fer sure, haven't ridden every other bike out there so even for me be a hard generalisation and Im sure the Titus is one of the top..

    Momentus and Mudgie are all good, Mudgie just got back stateside, thought he was picking up a TNT but alas hes still hanging onto his classic for now, GBs caining it at present.

    Mudgy and I are off to the Worlds in a couple of weeks while Momentus is doing some crazy 24hr multisport event go figure on worlds weekend

    Roto Vegas is gonna go off
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  48. #48
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Twas a dig bro, that baby better come soon

    Not sure where I said they are the best bikes made but suit me fer sure, haven't ridden every other bike out there so even for me be a hard generalisation and Im sure the Titus is one of the top..

    Momentus and Mudgie are all good, Mudgie just got back stateside, thought he was picking up a TNT but alas hes still hanging onto his classic for now, GBs caining it at present.

    Mudgy and I are off to the Worlds in a couple of weeks while Momentus is doing some crazy 24hr multisport event go figure on worlds weekend

    Roto Vegas is gonna go off
    its all good bro, digging, just like I am. Dont get all Turner Homie about it...

    You mentioned it in cheezy's post about no upgraditis............Glad you are going to the worlds, going to be hard missing that. Glad GB is going well in his multi sports.

    Yeah, dang not sure when this baby is coming...... May well be moving to the USof A, another work move promotion thingy, will hear for sure soon. How is my cottage, had any parties, thrashing that bed of yours I hope
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  49. #49
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    LOL partying hard dude yeah gets crazy coming back here at night for first time as you said bro

    Haven't burnt it down yet so all good!

    USA nice location?
    You'll be the top man soon dude umm what do I know about seeds US visa umm could be tricky do you have any offices in Canada may I could oversea a project in Whistler for ya lol

    Great to hear all going well dude, hope bubs comes soon so to release some pressure so to speak pass on regards to G.

    Be nice to get that Motolite on US soil and ride some of those ledgendary places.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  50. #50
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    LOL partying hard dude yeah gets crazy coming back here at night for first time as you said bro

    Haven't burnt it down yet so all good!

    USA nice location?
    You'll be the top man soon dude umm what do I know about seeds US visa umm could be tricky do you have any offices in Canada may I could oversea a project in Whistler for ya lol

    Great to hear all going well dude, hope bubs comes soon so to release some pressure so to speak pass on regards to G.

    Be nice to get that Motolite on US soil and ride some of those ledgendary places.

    Go the passion pad, yeah ha

    yeah, will see about hte USA thing, be great to carve up there cool trails and terrain

    All good. May have to get a bigger travel bike. same as your getting, no way, Highline, no way LOL Rogue, Nah.........................Pass
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  51. #51
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    Go the passion pad, yeah ha

    yeah, will see about hte USA thing, be great to carve up there cool trails and terrain

    All good. May have to get a bigger travel bike. same as your getting, no way, Highline, no way LOL Rogue, Nah.........................Pass
    I could see you on a RFX/Highline for Whistler dude
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  52. #52
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    I could see you on a RFX/Highline for Whistler dude
    Not RFX, maybe a highline, maybe. with a RS Totem Pole. Omah the tent maker
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  53. #53
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    Not RFX, maybe a highline, maybe. with a RS Totem Pole. Omah the tent maker
    Sweeeet! color code
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  54. #54
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Sweeeet! color code

    Or maybe ------------------- Nucleon TFR
    G-BOXX equipped, Enduro & Freeride Full Suspension Bike.

    For a bit of fun, the mind boggles...................... Your thoughts TrailA?
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  55. #55
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    Or maybe ------------------- Nucleon TFR
    G-BOXX equipped, Enduro & Freeride Full Suspension Bike.

    For a bit of fun, the mind boggles...................... Your thoughts TrailA?
    GB and Gillian will kill for saying this but thats the ultimate FR Enduro bike its a little expensive for me ,but thats still one of the best looking and riding bikes on da planet if I could it would be my first choice definitely, custom colours umm sweeet.

    CCDB Shock and 66 RC2x some RF and I9 wheels whew go whole hogg I say umm ummmm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  56. #56
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    GB and Gillian will kill for saying this but thats the ultimate FR Enduro bike its a little expensive for me ,but thats still one of the best looking and riding bikes on da planet if I could it would be my first choice definitely, custom colours umm sweeet.

    CCDB Shock and 66 RC2x some RF and I9 wheels whew go whole hogg I say umm ummmm
    mmmmmmmmmmm yes. Have you ridden this bike. Hard to find some real ride reports. Just think the low centre of gravity must be amazing. Am on the job though, will keep you updated..
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  57. #57
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    Hay buddy congrats on Mia hope all well pass on regards to G&M u proud daddy u

    Haven't ridden the bike but from what I could get outta Ryan its pretty sweet
    the info o the WS sounds promising I think it would be a safe bet its been around awhile now with good reiveiws in UK mags LCgravity would e sweet and she'd be pretty low maintenance.

    All good let us know when ya start looking into it! Builds etc

    Should be awhile now you'll be building for little M..
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  58. #58
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Hay buddy congrats on Mia hope all well pass on regards to G&M u proud daddy u Yeah ha, all good

    Haven't ridden the bike but from what I could get outta Ryan its pretty sweet
    the info o the WS sounds promising I think it would be a safe bet its been around awhile now with good reiveiws in UK mags LCgravity would e sweet and she'd be pretty low maintenance.

    All good let us know when ya start looking into it! Builds etc

    Should be awhile now you'll be building for little M..
    How does Ryan say it pedals in general, dont expect it to pedal like an XC bike, but wan tit more for what you would like your RFX more or less, some lift assisted stuff and general FR etc, play bike so to speak, few jumps etc....How much does he say it weighs. What wheels has he got on it?
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  59. #59
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    He says it pedals really well check out the movie part on the Nicolai website looks good in that department, it can be used as an All Mountain bike or built up big like this so it should be sweet.

    This build is pretty heavy
    66 VF
    heavy wheelset and hubs yuk
    cranks low end Truvativ
    heavy post
    Nice bar and stem combo though
    Easton Vice and bar
    Only downside but you'd get used to it is the shifter is twist type so you can shift up and down from the one shifter no left had shifter.

    Me I'd look at a 66RC2x
    Cane Creek Double Barrel rear shock ti spring
    Good wheelset Hadleys DT or I9s
    I like the Easton cockpit
    RF Diablous cranks I know u like em
    Thomson seatpost

    Id get the frame in Europe while ya there should be allot cheaper dam expensive here 10-11k frame and gearbox oucch..
    Last edited by trailadvent; 08-13-2006 at 01:59 PM.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  60. #60
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    My RFX build is gonna look something like this! just to give ya an idea where Im going with this bike.
    Much bigger and bootier than my Spot.


    - Fork - 66RC2x - 06/07? a2c and travel might determine this for me.
    - Shock - Cane Creek Double Barrel rear shock ti spring upgrading over DHXc
    - Wheelset -Hadleys DT DT or maybe some I9s and they'll go to the Spot and my Hadleys will go on the RFX
    - cockpit - RF mix and Easton Vice stem maybe
    - cranks - Atlas cranks here for me cause I already have em/powercoated white
    - seatpost -GD
    - Tranny - X9 or X0 Sram fer sure no intrernal GB on RFX
    - Brakes - Magura FR carbons or Formula K24s GM Ltd edition

    I wanna go big on this puppy but still be able to ride to where I want hence no Highline and still wana get there with some pace not XC some smaller NS stuff when we come over.

    The boys have an outline for a road trip probably next year around this time yeahhhaaa
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  61. #61
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    My RFX build is gonna look something like this! just to give ya an idea where Im going with this bike.
    Much bigger and bootier than my Spot.


    - Fork - 66RC2x - 06/07? a2c and travel might determine this for me.
    - Shock - Cane Creek Double Barrel rear shock ti spring upgrading over DHXc
    - Wheelset -Hadleys DT DT or maybe some I9s and they'll go to the Spot and my Hadleys will go on the RFX
    - cockpit - RF mix and Easton Vice stem maybe
    - cranks - Atlas cranks here for me cause I already have em/powercoated white
    - seatpost -GD
    - Tranny - X9 or X0 Sram fer sure no intrernal GB on RFX
    - Brakes - Magura FR carbons or Formula K24s GM Ltd edition

    I wanna go big on this puppy but still be able to ride to where I want hence no Highline and still wana get there with some pace not XC some smaller NS stuff when we come over.

    The boys have an outline for a road trip probably next year around this time yeahhhaaa
    Looks a nice build dude........... I would put I9's on this beast, cranks come with the bike. Would look seriously at the RS Totem for this beast, am lovign the Pike. So will await some reviews on the Totem, am reading some good stuff.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  62. #62
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    Looks a nice build dude........... I would put I9's on this beast, cranks come with the bike. Would look seriously at the RS Totem for this beast, am lovign the Pike. So will await some reviews on the Totem, am reading some good stuff.
    Yes forgot about that cousre you should be able to swap the cranks out?
    Though nice cranks by the looks.

    Totem would be awesome, too much for the RFX but Id still be on a 66 for me can't justify those crazy prices for a fork when others are as good fer less.

    I agree the Pike is awesome and really rocks, I ride the AM yesterday on Mudgys bike and it was plusher on small stuff but I think the stiffness of the PIKE has an effect on this 2 and it just gets better every ride.

    IBike should see some reivews hopefully of the Totem, for me the 66 sits in between the Totem and Lyrik and is still big as capable and I lobe the feel of marz on bigger forks but be good to have em different huh

    I can see us now screaming down A line yeahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Bring it on
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  63. #63
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Yes forgot about that cousre you should be able to swap the cranks out?
    Though nice cranks by the looks.

    Totem would be awesome, too much for the RFX but Id still be on a 66 for me can't justify those crazy prices for a fork when others are as good fer less.

    I agree the Pike is awesome and really rocks, I ride the AM yesterday on Mudgys bike and it was plusher on small stuff but I think the stiffness of the PIKE has an effect on this 2 and it just gets better every ride.

    IBike should see some reivews hopefully of the Totem, for me the 66 sits in between the Totem and Lyrik and is still big as capable and I lobe the feel of marz on bigger forks but be good to have em different huh

    I can see us now screaming down A line yeahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Bring it on
    Marz still make kick a s s forks for sure, will await. dude, you cant say this, Yet.... time will tell..for me can't justify those crazy prices for a fork when others are as good fer less.

    Real hard getting some real info on this buke, The guy is getting me info that you showed the photo of, he doesnt even know the weight, he is going to weigh it at Ryans shop for me at soem stage..
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  64. #64
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    Real hard getting some real info on this buke, The guy is getting me info that you showed the photo of, he doesnt even know the weight, he is going to weigh it at Ryans shop for me at soem stage..
    I think it was around 38lbs you'd easily get it around 35-56lbs you would'nt want it lighter for what you want to do with it.

    It didn't feel heavy and rides light cause weight is low.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  65. #65
    former lurker
    Reputation: zenpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    11
    Jeff,

    Do you know what size seatpost it will take? I just bought a 31.6mm Maverick speedball for my current ride but would love to transfer it to the Guapo if I like it.

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Titus Jeff
    Hi guys,

    Here's a little bit of info that I can share with you about the new six inch bike. For the record, the name Buck-60 was an internal name of the prototype, designating the amount of travel the bike had. For production you will see this frame with the moniker "El Guapo".

    Frame weight should land about 6.8 lbs. The Prototype weighed 7lbs even with rear shock but with no butted tubes, and none of the machined parts were as light as the production units will be. The bike should very easily be the light weight, high strength leader of the pack. Rear shock will most likely be a custom tuned, large air volume, 2007 FOX RP23, although the design has accommodations for a coil shock as well. Rear travel is 160mm. Angles are 68 head, 71.5 seat angle (with a 160mm travel FOX 36). Chainstay length is 17.25” and BB height is 13.85”. Although it is still a 4-bar Horst-Link bike, this one does not share ANY of the pivot points or the travel path philosophy of our other FS bikes. As with all Titus bikes, the linkage and shock tuning are designed to be the class leader in pedaling efficiency and climbing performance. The new pivot locations and travel path enable the El Guapo to really shine on the high speed, big hit stuff as well.

    We're currently expecting delivery of the first production run around early December, but that is subject to change. That's all I can share for now, but keep your eyes open for more details at Interbike.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •