mtbr member
    Nov 2004

new moto lite: horst link or rigid rear triangle?

Also, does anybody know the pricing on this line?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Frame is...

Quote Originally Posted by Endo Often
    The moto lite frame goes for about 1335$ not sure what the ti or exogrid are going for

mtbr member
    Horst Link and I believe it will be < $1400 for frame and a RP3.

Siddartha Gautama
    Quote Originally Posted by slomoking
    Horst Link and I believe it will be < $1400 for frame and a RP3.
    $1435 to be precise. I just ordered a large white w/ an RP3 last week. According to Titus the frame should "realistically" arrive late March.
    Last edited by Ski-U-Mah; 12-06-2004 at 10:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski-U-Mah
    $1435 to be precise. I just ordered a large med. white w/ an RP3 last week. According to Titus the frame should "realistically" arrive late March.
    Did you see a white in person or a picture of it before you ordered? I'm just curious, I'd like to order but I want to see the other color options first (besides the little color circle on the website)

Siddartha Gautama
    Quote Originally Posted by slomoking
    Did you see a white in person or a picture of it before you ordered? I'm just curious, I'd like to order but I want to see the other color options first (besides the little color circle on the website)
    Somebody posted this awhile ago from interbike:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Thanks guys, and more questions

I have been saving up for the Turner 5 spot, but this looks pretty cool in its own right, and almost $500 less.
    I only started looking at this forum recently, some of these questions may be old hat, but bear with me
    How do Titus frames tend to hold up, and do they do a good job with pivots and replacable wear parts, do you you need special tools to work on them, is there a problem getting parts?
    Those are some beefy chain stays, looks to be up to serious use, but why no gusset at the head tube?
    If they tell you the frame will be delivered in March is that reliable?
    That was a nice picture, but I can't quite piece together the rear derailleur cable routing, I can only see one stop???

mtbr member
    I have been saving up for the Turner 5 spot, but this looks pretty cool in its own right, and almost $500 less.
    I only started looking at this forum recently, some of these questions may be old hat, but bear with me
    How do Titus frames tend to hold up, and do they do a good job with pivots and replacable wear parts, do you you need special tools to work on them, is there a problem getting parts?
    Those are some beefy chain stays, looks to be up to serious use, but why no gusset at the head tube?
    Titus is one of the oldest full suspension makers in the USA, extremely reliable it is there to stay so you will not have problem with parts. Their rear end is probably one of the stiffest in the market with quad bearing at th main pivot. I would not worry about gussets or not, you don't need gussets to build a strong front ...

PLUS: they are honest, they bring to market what is going to be one of the best built 5" horst-links (possibly the best built) at a kiler price which is $500-700 less than Turner and Ellsworth. (and if you want you can go costum, because they build their bikes unlike the boutique/brand makers).

... and I will not worry about performance either, Titus has been making great bikes for ten years: Switchblade and Quasi-Moto are benchmarks and the Moto-lte will shine with the new shocks available (Rp3 or DHX)
    Last edited by Davide; 12-07-2004 at 01:00 AM.

Do It Yourself
    Titus frames are rock solid. The frames have 4 bearings at the main pivot, single bearings at the link and bushings at the Horst. These give years of service and are very simple and inexpensive to replace. No worries.

It's not needed. According to Titus, the MotoLite is strong enough for a 6" single crown fork, not that you would want to but you could. Again, no worries.

Titus has been bad about delivery in years past. That was a top priority for them this year so I think March is realistic (if you order now). Depending on your size and color preference, you may be able to get one sooner if you find a dealer with frames that have not been sold to end customers.

http://www.titusti.com/stockdealers.html

That was a nice picture, but I can't quite piece together the rear derailleur cable routing, I can only see one stop???
    There is another stop under the top tube that you can't see because it's between the shock mount.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    I saw one at hammerheadbikes the other week. Give charles a call he can prolly answer more questions than you know to ask. hammerheadbikes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Parts spec on $2200 motolite?

I just saw the picutre in the new Mountain Bike Action. It shows the cable routing very clearly. No S bends like all my other bikes.
    The blurb says the motolite starts at $2200 complete. The titus web site does not seem to have the parts spect up. Does anybody know?

Do It Yourself
    I just saw the picutre in the new Mountain Bike Action. It shows the cable routing very clearly. No S bends like all my other bikes.
    The blurb says the motolite starts at $2200 complete. The titus web site does not seem to have the parts spect up. Does anybody know?

The Titus website isn't complete so no info there. You could try Titus (800.85TITUS) directly or maybe your favorite dealer has more details.
    Long Live Long Rides