Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    67

    New Job for Chris Cocalis

    Hey Titus Folks,

    Just got the most recent issue of Bicycle Retailer, and Chris C. is going to be working with the Spanish road bike company called BH in Tempe. They got a 7000 foot warehouse. Check out BRAIN for the full story.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: heatstroke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    969
    BH bikes ...yummy frames.
    Nice if CC is working with them.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    58
    Guess is BH is pretty upset with ORBEA's (neighbour company) success in the US. BH will need more than just a name IMHO.

  4. #4
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,378

    That Sucks...

    He might as well have retired from cycling as much as that effects anything to do with what we do here.

  5. #5
    Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Reputation: Dropin%Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    700
    Well Blacky, ya take what ya can git.....tis a shame though that he isn't doing anything
    MTB related given his background and experience. Maybe this company is looking to expand into MTB and he'll be heading the effort? That would be cool.
    Dug-da-Goat

    "Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

  6. #6
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    Well Blacky, ya take what ya can git.....tis a shame though that he isn't doing anything
    MTB related given his background and experience. Maybe this company is looking to expand into MTB and he'll be heading the effort? That would be cool.

    If you look at BH's website, they do have MTB's, not overly exciting ones, so maybe that's what Chris is coming in for.........
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  7. #7
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    Well Blacky, ya take what ya can git.....tis a shame though that he isn't doing anything
    MTB related given his background and experience. Maybe this company is looking to expand into MTB and he'll be heading the effort? That would be cool.
    yeah BH makes mostly MTB hardtails.. at least that's what's known around here... but, as TiEndo says, that could change for the better

  8. #8
    Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Reputation: Dropin%Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    700
    Uhmmm....they do have both Full Suspension and HT....here's their main site.

    http://www.bhbikes.com/en/index.php

    And as they call them, the Doble-suspension Bikes

    http://www.bhbikes.com/catalogo/dobl...suspension.htm

    They don't look half bad....except for being kind of a Ellsworth knock off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dug-da-Goat

    "Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

  9. #9
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    Uhmmm....they do have both Full Suspension and HT....here's their main site.

    http://www.bhbikes.com/en/index.php

    And as they call them, the Doble-suspension Bikes

    http://www.bhbikes.com/catalogo/dobl...suspension.htm

    They don't look half bad....except for being kind of a Ellsworth knock off.
    Thanks... I had seen the site

    I know they make FS bikes too .. I just meant they are "known" for HTs

    A lot of MTB brands on this side of the pond use HL/FSR/ICT/etc suspension, since the patents for those designs don't apply here...

  10. #10
    Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Reputation: Dropin%Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    A lot of MTB brands on this side of the pond use HL/FSR/ICT/etc suspension, since the patents for those designs don't apply here...
    Good point....I wonder if they are limited from importing the FS Bikes because of patent issues? Simliar to what happened with Scott. I wonder what role Chris will play in all of this? Is it just a marketing, brand identity role or will he be developing suspension designs for them? Interesting!!!

    So now we have Commencal, Orbea and BH in the US market. The Spaniards are really making some headway into the MTB whirld.
    Dug-da-Goat

    "Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

  11. #11
    Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Reputation: Dropin%Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    700

    Is it just a Scott Scale?

    Anyone notice that the BH Carbon XC Rig looks alot like a Scott Scale? Who makes Scott's carbon bikes? Is it done in house? If so, any relationship to BH?
    Dug-da-Goat

    "Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

  12. #12
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    So now we have Commencal, Orbea and BH in the US market. The Spaniards are really making some headway into the MTB whirld.
    Yeah, sangria, tapas and now MTB's....what's next?:

    inigo.JPG
    My name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father...prepare to die.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  13. #13
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    Anyone notice that the BH Carbon XC Rig looks alot like a Scott Scale? Who makes Scott's carbon bikes? Is it done in house? If so, any relationship to BH?

    Depends on who you believe.......Scott claims to have their own factory in Taiwan. Others have said its one of 2 or 3 main CF frame producing factories in Taiwan or China.......

    Either way BH probably is done in same factory or previous factory as the Scotts.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  14. #14
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    So now we have Commencal, Orbea and BH in the US market. The Spaniards are really making some headway into the MTB whirld.
    Andorra is a Principate... not part of the Spanish Crown...
    Check my Site

  15. #15
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Yeah, sangria, tapas and now MTB's....what's next?:

    inigo.JPG
    My name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father...prepare to die.
    Pfttttttt....LMAO.......


    By the way I ride a Orbea road bike and I love it...........nothing wrong with Spanish Fly.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  16. #16
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,754
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Yeah, sangria, tapas and now MTB's....what's next?:

    inigo.JPG
    My name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father...prepare to die.

  17. #17
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Andorra is a Principate... not part of the Spanish Crown...
    Commencal is considered a French brand (Max is French, and the production is in Taiwan). I rode very briefly a Meta 4 and 5 at Sea Otter. Accelerated like a hardtail.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •