11 is one louder than 10

New Fork for Motolite - anyone have actual weights? (fox, RS etc)

Doing my annual tear down and rebuild on my Ti Motolite. Part of this is to satisfy my jones to buy something new for the bike this year so I won't give in and buy a 29er. That and I've been off the bike since November and barly rode at all last year because of my POS left hip which will also need an "upgrade" at some point.

So, besides a needed wheel rebuild (rebuilt my kings on bonty dusters to run tubeless, nice) and King BB I'm kicking around a new fork. I've got an 06 Pike U-turn air that has been push'd and still rides nice but does weigh 2050 grams with the steerer cut and without the maxle.

I'm OK with a fixed travel fork now as I basically ride the Motolite at 5 inches now. Throwing around a Reba Team 120 (20mm) or Fox F120 (15 QR). I'd prefer 130mm but I can always use a Ventana King crown race to add a few deg of HT angle.

Has anyone got an acutal weight on either fork (and with or without the axle). I'd also be interested to hear any real weight on other forks out there in the 120-140mm range. I'm not a total weight weenie as I"m fat, but if I can save 3/4 of a lb or so - why not?

I'm not interested in a 9mm dropout though. Just 20mm or 15QR.

Thanks - GG
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

what's that rattle?

Some actual Fox fork weights:

I don't have weights for the TA forks you mentioned, but here are some actual weights compared to the Fox website's values. In my experience Fox is pretty good about putting accurate info on their website.

2008 36 TALAS RC2 (w/cut steerer, race and *-nut): 2340.2g. Posted weight: 2.31kg.

2008 32 TALAS R (w/uncut steerer): 1822g. Posted weight: 1.79kg.

2005 32 Vanilla R (w/cut steerer, race and *-nut): 1800.5g. Posted weight (2006 fork): 1.72kg.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld
    I don't have weights for the TA forks you mentioned, but here are some actual weights compared to the Fox website's values. In my experience Fox is pretty good about putting accurate info on their website.

2008 36 TALAS RC2 (w/cut steerer, race and *-nut): 2340.2g. Posted weight: 2.31kg.

2008 32 TALAS R (w/uncut steerer): 1822g. Posted weight: 1.79kg.

2005 32 Vanilla R (w/cut steerer, race and *-nut): 1800.5g. Posted weight (2006 fork): 1.72kg.
    The Vanilla is that close to the Talas?

what's that rattle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    The Vanilla is that close to the Talas?
    Yep - but because of the different years the Vanilla had 130mm of travel and the TALAS had 140mm. The Vanilla was also weighed with the soft spring installed and probably had five inches less steerer.