Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

New EG in Greece (I think the first one here!)

A happy suprize today since I made the order last Thursday!

Got it!!!

Medium with slackset!

The color is better live!!!!
    Can't wait to set this rig up!!
    I let you know!

mtbr member
    New version?

mtbr member
    Yes. Ver.3!

mtbr member
    Sweet!

mtbr member
    A few words about the setup.
    I have many thinks that where on my Ragley Blue Pig that will fit so I will use them.
    These are what I have from old rig:

Head set On-One Slackset 1.0 degree
    Avid Elixir-R brakes (203mm F - 185mm R)
    RaceFace Ride AM double Crankset
    Sram X7 2x10 front derailleur
    Sram X7 10sp rear derailleur
    SixPack Leader 750mm 15mm rise handlebar
    Answer rove dirt jump 50m stem

Planning on getting
    Mavic Crossline wheels
    Marzocchi 55 CR Switch 170-130 fork
    and a KS dropzone remote seatpost

What do you think?

mtbr member
    Just got the fork.
    Marzocchi 55CR TA Switch 170-130 travel.

mtbr member
    A little update of the cable routing while waiting for the wheels...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Trying to be the first in Hong Kong. (building posts to create new thread).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenronny View Post
    Trying to be the first in Hong Kong. (building posts to create new thread).
    I wish you good luck my friend!
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    A bit of update.
    I just received the wheels,QR and chain tensioner!
    Finally!

Mavic Crossline

Dartmor Simple chain tensioner. I hope there will be enough clearance between the tensioner and my inner chainring...

And 10mm QR!

I am missing a seat post and I am full.
    I'll try finishing it during the weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gr View Post

Dartmor Simple chain tensioner. I hope there will be enough clearance between the tensioner and my inner chainring...
    would be interesting if clearance is ok. Seeing the distance between my inner chainring and the iscg tabs I have strong doubts about that.... there are only some mm left

I am running a Shimano XT crankset with one spacer on the drive train side and a small mountain goat chainring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osti View Post
    would be interesting if clearance is ok. Seeing the distance between my inner chainring and the iscg tabs I have strong doubts about that.... there are only some mm left

I am running a Shimano XT crankset with one spacer on the drive train side and a small mountain goat chainring.
    The setting up is complete. I just got it today from my LBS who made some final touches.
    There is no way to fit a chain tensioner between there!! I will post a shot tomorrow.
    It is weird though, I can't believe that they built it to only fit a chain guide when there is a 1Xxx installed...

The think is that I have to find someone to shell my guide and get a bionicon one...
    Anyway, I haven't ridden the thing yet. To hot here in Athens. Around 98F!!!!
    I hope I'll make it by the end of the week so I will then post my impressions. It is to damn beautiful though!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osti View Post

It is weird though, I can't believe that they built it to only fit a chain guide when there is a 1Xxx installed...

The think is that I have to find someone to shell my guide and get a bionicon one...

That's really odd. I installed a MRP 2x with Sram X9 2x10 on my V2 and had no issues whatsoever. I even had to install shims to space the guide plate out slightly (shown below). It's hard to tell from the photo, but that Dartmoor guide plate looks like it is really thick. The MRP is very thin. Maybe that's the difference?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatmepants View Post
    That's really odd. I installed a MRP 2x with Sram X9 2x10 on my V2 and had no issues whatsoever. I even had to install shims to space the guide plate out slightly (shown below). It's hard to tell from the photo, but that Dartmoor guide plate looks like it is really thick. The MRP is very thin. Maybe that's the difference?

Well, I don't really now but I as you can see from the picture there's no room....

"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

mtbr member
    Anyway. A few iPhone pictures of the bike.

mtbr member
    According to Race Face, with a 73mm BB shell and clamp on FD you should have a 2.5mm spacer on the drive side. Hard to tell from that pic but it looks like there are no spacers? With a 2.5mm spacer you should be able to get a ISCG mount guide in there.
    http://raceface.com/comp/inst/XTYPE.BB.DH.XC.AM.web.pdf

mtbr member
    I am not sure Craig, I think it has a spacer. I'll check it and I'll get back...

mtbr member
    Yes there is a spacer Craig...

mtbr member
    Well, I don't really now but I as you can see from the picture there's no room....

I have even less space left with a xt crank. 2x Sram seems to have a different chainline.

nevertheless, on my Alutech Fanes I also have 73mm bb with shimano crankset and iscg tabs and there is plenty of space between the inner chainring and the tabs.... not sure if it has a negative offset but the difference between the EG and the Fanes is quite large...

mtbr member
    I also had the same crank and same 73mm BB on my Ragley Blue Pig and I used to have a Stinger chain guide with no problem...
    I don't understand why they did it this way...
    Anyway.

mtbr member

Its actually done correctly per ISCG 05 spec

If you read the documents (pages 10-11), Dave Weagle outlines the flush tab method is "preferred". The spec allows you to offset the tabs 2.5mm but mandates that the frame manufacturer must provide spacers for flush mount. I think the discrepancy is clearly the crank manufacturers issue. I tried RF cranks with several different ISCG mount guides and all rubbed in the inner chainring bolts which appear to protrude out much further then some other cranks (my SRAM X9 & XO inner bolts are flush with the chainring) I never tried shimano but I have heard of the same issues, I think the mounting plates for ISCG devices are also getting thicker as more people are bashing them and bending them, all not helping the issue.
    http://www.mtb.pe.kr/man/pdf/ISCG_05.pdf

mtbr member
    Slackset finally in the right position

mtbr member
    nice built!

mtbr member
    Thanks man.
    I have to make a few additions. A dropper post with a seatclamp as well as a Bionicon chain guide. And of course to trim the fork tube when I decide which position is suitable.
    But all that after my vacations! I think I deserve 2 weeks of sea and sun...!

mtbr member

I really think its the chainring bolts...

I run XO cranks with 2-1mm spacers and I would have plenty of room for an ISCG mount guide if the Bionicon didnt work so well. As you can see from the pics, the chainring bolts are recessed on SRAM 2X cranks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New EG in Greece (I think the first one here!)-p1020853.jpg  

New EG in Greece (I think the first one here!)-p1020854.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast