thanks for posting pictures. you rock!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    wow!!!!

thanks for posting pictures. you rock!
    haha my pleasure

Bike to the Bone...
    Beside the carbon fiber seatstays (which I'm not that stoked about, don't really like CF), any other changes?

mtbr member

Looks like new lowers as well

The lowers look different on both models

Slicker
    Jun 2005
    Looks sweet although I do favor the heavy duty looking chainstay on the 06. Wonder why they went away with that??

ಠ_ಠ
    Yes the lowers have a bevel like the '06 Racer-X; might be the very same ones. It looks like the Titanium Moto has a carbon rocker linkage - cool.

I'd still take my aluminum seatstays and Super/Quasi-Moto FR Swingarm over this new stuff. I'll take stiffness, reliablility and durablility over 200 grams weight savings. That being said, I wonder how much it will cost to upgrade?...

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr

I'd still take my aluminum seatstays and Super/Quasi-Moto FR Swingarm over this new stuff. I'll take stiffness, reliablility and durablility over 200 grams weight savings. That being said, I wonder how much it will cost to upgrade?...

Precisly... Guess thier trying to make it a 5" Racer X... No thanks.

Edit: Is something diffrent about the head tubet, top tub, down tube area?

mtbr member
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but looks like the Moto is finally annodized!! I wonder what the color options are going to be for 07. Good job Titus.

I would consider retrofitting the carbon rear triangle, but I have a feeling its going to cost an arm and a leg.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Edit: Is something diffrent about the head tubet, top tub, down tube area?
    It doesn't looks like.

I wonder if this is the ML1 or 2... the 2 is supposed to be sold as a complete bike and a budget one, so I gather it may preserve the Aluminum seatstays.

That said, I'm not a fan of carbon on MTB's. Only if it comes sorrounded by Titanium

Anyone having the '06 Racer X can let us know how big a tyre have they proved on theirs?

EDIT: Wait a minute!!!!

Is it just my impression or the seatstays on the Black (Aluminum) one are made out of aluminum?????
    I don't see the carbon weave on those pics.
    If it is, then hell... that's sweet!! Add the anodized finish and we have a winner!
    Check my Site

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    It doesn't looks like.

I wonder if this is the ML1 or 2... the 2 is supposed to be sold as a complete bike and a budget one, so I gather it may preserve the Aluminum seatstays.

That said, I'm not a fan of carbon on MTB's. Only if it comes sorrounded by Titanium

Anyone having the '06 Racer X can let us know how big a tyre have they proved on theirs?

EDIT: Wait a minute!!!!

Is it just my impression or the seatstays on the Black (Aluminum) one are made out of aluminum?????
    I don't see the carbon weave on those pics.
    If it is, then hell... that's sweet!! Add the anodized finish and we have a winner!
    Check the bottom pic, it's weaved. CF.... I prefer Al....

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Check the bottom pic, it's weaved. CF.... I prefer Al....
    Yeah, my bad... I prefer Al too... anything that bends before breaking is at the top of my list.

Now that I look closely, the ones that do not look weaved, are the ones on the Ti one.
    Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    Think the pictures show 2 different motolites, one with AL, and other light version with CF rear. If you go Ti or EXO, they probably let you pick which rear you want.

Dang looking at these pic's makes me wish my new bikes show up soon. God I hate waiting.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Nice pic's. I am liking the new Motolite. I am not a fan of all carbon frames, but I do like the Carbon seat stays on the ML. The annodization is also a great improvement.

"El Whatever"
    Ok... here's the poop, courtesy of Pro-M Italy....

Expecting to watch the new frame in 160mm from Titus (now called "El Guapo"), and that we got not to see this time, we saw the new ML2 and one of the new colors of the Racer-X which is structurally equal, as well as the Eleven and Super Moto.

Foto 1: Titus ML2 in Anodized Black, with swinglink and seatstays in carbon; weight savings of around 200 gr and hence the frame of 130mm should weight around 2600!!!
    Also new, the chainstays are hydroformed and remind of those on the Racer-X, but a bit more robust.

Foto 2 : The new carbon swinglink on a ML 2 Exogrid

Foto 3 : The new strut on a ML 2 Exogrid's rear triangle

Foto 4 : Now, the rear triangle on the ML 2

Foto 5 : The Racer-X in white color that matches the Fox fork. The other three colors available are, as opposed, anodized: Black, Blue and Red.

Foto 6 : The new Titus Logo present at the steer tube, that remind of the Arizona's Flag.

The original is here:
    Pro-M Italy

I tried my best on the translation, but please take into account I do not dominate the language.
    Check my Site

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Well the bike certainly looks nice even if the upgrades are mostly cosmetic. I wonder if the seatstay bridge (or lack of) provides more clearance?

No el guapo pix?

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Well the bike certainly looks nice even if the upgrades are mostly cosmetic. I wonder if the seatstay bridge (or lack of) provides more clearance?

No el guapo pix?
    Pro-M says the Guapo was not there...

There is a bridge too... seems sleeker though
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    What white RacerX is HOT.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by JTBAZ
    Nice pic's. I am liking the new Motolite. I am not a fan of all carbon frames, but I do like the Carbon seat stays on the ML. The annodization is also a great improvement.
    Basically, changes are pretty minor over the current frame. Now, we'll have a weightweenie version and the regular aluminum version.

I can't wait to see pics of El Guapo at Interbike.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

the 36 year old grom
    there are 2 types of carbon rear stays in the picture.

last year style: oldschool checker board weave carbon.
    looks like new carbon, like maybe "CNT" looking carbon. i'm just saying CNT because it looks like easton's CNT handle bars.

the CNT looking carbon stays also has the cable stops moved closer to the seat tube. which will stop cable rub on the seat tube, dulybr uses stick on cable stops to do the same thing. I had sent an email to Titus about seat tube cable rub and Chris said they would move the stops forward this year.

I hope that what we actually get are the "CNT" carbon. I'm not a huge fan of the "80's" looking carbon weave, stuff. the denser carbon is cooler.

maybe Boris_Yeltsin will give us the composite designers perspective?

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I tried my best on the translation, but please take into account I do not dominate the language.
    Dude, in my book you totally dominate!

Prego!

mtbr member

I'm not an expert on Carbon Fiber

But does anyone know if this rear triangle could possibly be stiffer AND lighter and the same time? I like the idea of lighter, but I won't give away ANY stiffness for 200 grams.

Trophy Husband
    WTF???!!!!!

Super Moto pic please.

The white Racer X is hawt.
    Extreme stationary biker.

"Its All Good"
    Great to see them pushing the envelope still. For a main stayer in their portfolio, that is some decent changes, whilst cosmetic so to speak, still some good changes...

Thought we may have heard through the grapevine anyone thrashing and testing a carbon rare stay ML.......

Come on, fess up, who has had it secretly testing for Titi?

The carbon rare stays would have look pretty sick on the exogrid in the flesh.............So hope they can take the beating that the stays can now along with the booooty lowers..........

Feel the force.......................................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    there are 2 types of carbon rear stays in the picture.

last year style: oldschool checker board weave carbon.
    looks like new carbon, like maybe "CNT" looking carbon. i'm just saying CNT because it looks like easton's CNT handle bars.

the CNT looking carbon stays also has the cable stops moved closer to the seat tube. which will stop cable rub on the seat tube, dulybr uses stick on cable stops to do the same thing. I had sent an email to Titus about seat tube cable rub and Chris said they would move the stops forward this year.

I hope that what we actually get are the "CNT" carbon. I'm not a huge fan of the "80's" looking carbon weave, stuff. the denser carbon is cooler.

maybe Boris_Yeltsin will give us the composite designers perspective?
    I'm no technical expert but from what I understand, the carbon weave layer is purely cosmetic and heavier. The flat black CNT type carbon is lighter. But without the weave, its not instantly recognizable as "carbon".
    Long Live Long Rides

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast