mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Need sizing help on FTM

I've been eyeing that FTM frame on sale at JensonUSA so I went to the only Titus dealer in town to see if a large would fit me. Unfortunately they don't have any left, so I thought I might come here for help.

Using a method I found on the REI website I measured my inseam with shoes on at 33". The large is 30.24", but since the top tube isn't straight I'm not sure. Otherwise I'm 5'10" and weigh 175 lbs.

Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiller2032
    I've been eyeing that FTM frame on sale at JensonUSA so I went to the only Titus dealer in town to see if a large would fit me. Unfortunately they don't have any left, so I thought I might come here for help.

Using a method I found on the REI website I measured my inseam with shoes on at 33". The large is 30.24", but since the top tube isn't straight I'm not sure. Otherwise I'm 5'10" and weigh 175 lbs.

Thanks for the help!
    Medium.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Bummer, I was really hoping that frame would work. Thanks for saving me from buying something too big though!

mtbr member
    No problems. You don't want to get a bike that does not fit, it will never be right...

At Work
    I am 5'11" with approx a 31-32" inseam. Large fits just fine. I am borderline on sizing though. I would get buy with a Medium as well.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    im 5'7" and ride a small

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiller2032

Thanks for the help!
    Rider inseam and bike standover is a terrible way to size a bike.

Much better to compare effective top tube lengths and seat tube angles. I include the STA as for the same ETT, a steeper STA increases reach while a slacker STA decreases it.

And I agree that a medium would likely fit you much better than a large. I am 6'+ with a 34.5" inseam and will be riding a medium Titus.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    We are nearly identical (except for weight). I ride a medium and it's perfect. I believe my stem is 90mm. No setback on my seatpost.

searcher
    I am 173 cm , always forget the american size . I think its 5.9
    I ride a medium, fits me perfect, and I am on the border of the M and S.
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Instead of creating another thread, I'd like to ask you guys for a suggestion. Looking to build a bike for my newbie partner, who's 5' tall. Do you guys think she'll fit an XS FTM? What stem length would you put on it? I'll probably set her up with a wider bar, relative to her body of course.

Last question, what kind of riding do you guys do on your FTM? Thanks a lot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i think the xs would be fine,as far as stems go i would build then decide i run an 85mm,i use my ftm for aggresive technical am trail riding