mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Need help w/ HH100X

I hope this is not considered poor form here, I don't know the "rules."
    Back in 2004 or 2005, I bought a HH100X hoping to get back into mtn biking after a bunch of years of exclusive road biking. I loved the bike, but didn't ride as much as I expected. the past 3-4 years have seen muliple health issues (herniated cervical disk, soft-tissue sarcoma (relatively rare form of cancer) and spontaneous pneumothorax (non-trauma induced collapsed lung) and I doubt I will be riding it again.
    I am so completely out of touch with the mtn bike market, I have no idea on worth.I am more interested in making sure it does not waste away in my garage anymore since it is a great, but aging bike, than I am in extracting as much of a sell price as I can.

It is in very good shape, though does have a couple scratches. All the components are the originals, I never even wore out the original tires.
    Fox 100RLS
    Manitou Swinger 3-way
    King hubs and headset
    Sram X-9 derailluers and shifters
    Magura Marta brakes
    Shimano XT crank
    Thomson stem and seatpost

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help w/ HH100X-hh100x-006.jpg  

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I thnk MTBR wants you to get a classified and cross-post a link to that.

You'll want to add the size of the bike (you could measure the seat-tube and top-tube if you don't know).

You'll also want to factor in shipping costs, shipping a bike is not wonderfully cheap these days, working with an LBS for packing, etc., may be helpful, you should ask your LBS what they charge for that kind of packing/shipping service, if they do it.

As to value, hard for me to say, but somewhere between 1000-2000 USD from what you say, the King based wheelset is worth a fair portion of that alone. The market isn't exactly bullish on 26er 4" bikes these days though. ;^(

Sorry to read about your physical issues, bummer.

good luck,