Thread: My new Motolite

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

My new Motolite

I thought I would update you all with my latest impressions of my new moto:

I went to a cool forest yesterday just outside of London (Swinley Forest) where there are loads of trails with jumps, drops, switchbacks, roots etc. After a poor start where the power links on my new SRAM chain failed and are somewhere in the forest still, meaning I had to go buy a new one, we rode over to the usual trails. It was at this point that my mate pointed out that, while I was away getting my new chain, he wound my Pikes out to their full 140mm. All I can say is....WOW. Maybe the slacker angle suits my style but it just handled the smooth, singletrack snaking through the woods like a dream.

Then we got to the play area where the drops and jumps are: This bike filled me with sooooo much confidence that I was hitting drops and jumps with much more confidence. I was even giving the bike little tweaks mid air and tackling the downhill tracks faster than ever.

The only downside so far is the paint that seems to chip very easily making me want to get it shrink wrapped in clear edging tape...one to keep an eye on.

Th-Th-Th-Th-That's all for now folks.

thats right living legend
    Hey really nice review bro! I liked your thoughts on the Pike, its really good to hear how it handles the tight singletrack at full travel. Thanks for coughing up the info....Since duly won't!