mtbr member

Motolites with FR Lowers question

I saw a bunch of motolites listed in the set up thread with FR Lowers - does this basically just mean beefier chainstays? And if so, do they provide for the ability to run wider and more high volume tires in the rear of Motolites? Or are they just for strength only?

Thanks!

Mark

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    I saw a bunch of motolites listed in the set up thread with FR Lowers - does this basically just mean beefier chainstays? And if so, do they provide for the ability to run wider and more high volume tires in the rear of Motolites? Or are they just for strength only?

Thanks!

Mark

All of the above...

They now come standard.

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG

Thanks!

Mark
    The FR lowers were for 2005 models because on 2005 they came with narrow ones. You could only put a tire up to 2.1 in the rear. With the FR I think you could go up to 2.4, depending on the tire. On 2006 you have the FR lowers standard...