"Its All Good"

... and if we just ... MotoLite Still Makes Me GRIN Hard

Had another fantastic ride on the Motolite today. Temp in Barcelona was a balmy 27 deg C, so quite cool for here. That means long great rides.

So second ride on the Push'd RP23. We did a huge amount of climbing today, actually more than we ended up going down. Was getting a bit pissed with this after 5 hours in the saddle. I am really liking this shock, it is so simple to turn the pro pedal strength on and off. Real simple............ I dont think I have gained much having the RP23 Push'd. I think a non Push'd would pretty much perform great also. Am taking this from threads I have read etc. So am a happy camper. Before I get abused, bare in mind I am in Spain, ML came with the RP3, upgraded to the RP23, so the shock was coming from the States, so thought might as well get it Push'd while its over that way.

So was out with a group of 5 in total, counting myself, once again all Lycra clad HT tail bunnies. It is such a mind issue the fact they still think that HT climb etc far better, amuses me no end. We have had some great rain which has washed loads of the DH trails clean, so things were real tech today. Man alive the ML just shines in this terrain, it never ceases to amaze me how it performs when the nose is pointing DH. It is a dream ride in my opinion.

We stopped for a quick lunch, well in Spain they call it breakfast at 12 PM. There was this rocky mean area. I was asking the locals if it gets ridden much, they said very few. Ha ha I thought I didnt throw in to peer pressure, guess am still a boy. So did it, one of those things that feels a little intimidating with all these lycra clad locals lined up watching, it was actually easy if you know what I mean. This bike does excel in this type of terrain.

So a few action shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    More pictures. (:

Every time I read about your Motolite I want one

ಠ_ಠ
    killer shots Whafe!

So really not much difference in the new shock... That's too bad.
    Last edited by dulyebr; 08-26-2006 at 08:53 AM.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by cerro
    More pictures. (:

Every time I read about your Motolite I want one
    Pleased to hear that. Am not a good writer, mostly just thoughts. I am still so so stoked with this steed. It is a an all round great bike. If you got one, am sure you wouldnt be dissapointed.

I would very much like to ride an ali one, to feel the difference between the frame materials.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    killer shots Whafe!

So really no much difference in the new shock... That's too bad.
    Hi ya Duly, yeah on the shock, I would have to say if you had a Push'd RP3 it would more than likely be as good as a non Push'd RP23. Hope that made sense.

If anyone was thinking of getting there RP3 Push'd, I would just upgrade to a RP23. Not sure that Pushing it makes that much difference. Not at all dissing Push's work though. Hey could be wrong, but that is what I have in my mind after reading many threads on the subject.

I am though not a huge fiddler, with bike things anyway. Like to set things and go ride.

"El Whatever"
    Man, now I have some serious envy...

Cool shots, cool riding, cool gear!
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Man, now I have some serious envy...

Cool shots, cool riding, cool gear!
    Hola Warp, we had the best terrain today, was the best ride I have had in Spain for sure. Climbed some serious hills though.

It is odd after around 4.5 hours in the saddle, I hate uphill 4 wheel drive tracks, but even when nackered, I still am fine on the up hill single track....Anyone else get like this?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Pleased to hear that. Am not a good writer, mostly just thoughts. I am still so so stoked with this steed. It is a an all round great bike. If you got one, am sure you wouldnt be dissapointed.

I would very much like to ride an ali one, to feel the difference between the frame materials.
    If I buy an Motolite I loved to come down to Barcelona and change bike with you for a ride. (:

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by cerro
    If I buy an Motolite I loved to come down to Barcelona and change bike with you for a ride. (:
    No problem cerro, hope you are tall, it will not fit a small fulla. You would be more than welcome though....

"El Whatever"
    Hola Warp, we had the best terrain today, was the best ride I have had in Spain for sure. Climbed some serious hills though.

It is odd after around 4.5 hours in the saddle, I hate uphill 4 wheel drive tracks, but even when nackered, I still am fine on the up hill single track....Anyone else get like this?
    I feel pretty much like that too.

Double tracks are generally more tame than singletracks and that's where a long travel full susser shines at There's nothing like attacking an uphill singletrack and make short work of ruts, roots, stairsteps, etc while motoing up the hill. That's something a HT simply can't do.

There may be some guys on HT's that can beat the shiet out of you on those techie climbs, but after some hours on the saddle, your long travel friend (and I don't mean Bubba your ex-cellmate) will make you feel much better.

The uglier the terrain, the better the full susser goes. It's simply an amazing feeling I can't get away from.

All my due respect to HT riders... but Long travel full suspension bikes are the ticket for this old fart nicknamed "Warp".
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I feel pretty much like that too.

All my due respect to HT riders... but Long travel full suspension bikes are the ticket for this old fart nicknamed "Warp".
    Fully agree there brother, no HT for me, maybe a 29er SS HT, that would be it for this old fart, well not that old.

"El Whatever"
    Fully agree there brother, no HT for me, maybe a 29er SS HT, that would be it for this old fart, well not that old.
    I'd also take a 69'er SS... but an steel one. I still recall the nice feel of good ole steel.

Gotta go, the missus is impatient to go out... catch you later, pals!
    Check my Site

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Great pics, Whafe!

Seems like you were teaching the HT-loving crowd how it's done!

I have a couple of buddies here that think the same way... I just love climbing over ruts and steps while the HT guys have to keep moving around everything

Cheers,
    Cris

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    I have a couple of buddies here that think the same way... I just love climbing over ruts and steps while the HT guys have to keep moving around everything
    So true, they will come around for sure..............These guys will out of share frustration of me giving them shyte, they must be stoked they are not 100% fluent in English or me in Spanish..

So true, they will come around for sure..............These guys will out of share frustration of me giving them shyte, they must be stoked they are not 100% fluent in English or me in Spanish..
    Yeah the language barrier is actually a bliss sometimes

"Its All Good"
    Yeah the language barrier is actually a bliss sometimes
    mmmmm sometimes it is, sometimes not......... a pain when some 19 year old punk pushes your 8.9 month pregnant wife into the wall of an elevator and the only option is to knock one. Not the best.............. All good though, baby is cool. 2 weeks and 1 day now, still piss all sleep................

mmmmm sometimes it is, sometimes not......... a pain when some 19 year old punk pushes your 8.9 month pregnant wife into the wall of an elevator and the only option is to knock one. Not the best.............. All good though, baby is cool. 2 weeks and 1 day now, still piss all sleep................
    Yeah I have had some unconfortable situations with some Germans too.. that's why you should always learn the swear words first!

Cheers,
    Cris

"Its All Good"
    that's why you should always learn the swear words first!
    I hear you there, loud and clear.................LOL

Veni Vidi Vici
    Great Pics Whafe am always entertained to see pics from you with that BLING BLING stuff you got over there... Mate your bike is really awasome!!