mtbr member
    Apr 2006

New question here. Motolite sizing advice, please...

Hello all,
    I currently ride a size large '05 Spec. Epic that seems to fit my 5' 11.5", 155lb frame very well. My inseam is right around 33-34 inches. I'm very near ordering a Motolite Ti and I'm curious as to what size might be best for me. My LBS doesn't stock the moto so I can't test ride. The large size seems to be closest in terms of geometry, but a gentleman at Titus started steering me towards a medium. Any thoughts from you all?

Thanks in advance,

Simp.

ಠ_ಠ
    Call Titus 1-800-85-TITUS and ask about getting a custom fit - I have a feeling you're going to need it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the input. I'll certainly plan on giving them a call. Just curious why you think a custom is my best option.

Thanks again,
    Simp

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

go MD.....

I'm very close to you're stats - 5'11" 33" inseam and the MD fits me like a glove. It currently has the FSA carbon setback post that came w/ the Ultimate build kit from titus and 110mm stem which will be getting swapped out for a 100mm.

No need to go custom unless you want to wait and want to dump the extra coin on the frame. My advice go stock MD and use the extra $$ you saved to get the Schizznit of brakes - ORO PURO's. Oh good god they make the Marta SL's I just sold look/feel like a prehistoric brake and the power is there in bucketfulls - no need to go bigger than the 160's

PS - MD Motolites were in stock at Titus the other week.... check w/ your LBS and the're all equiped w/ the 07 RP23's and Talas RLC's

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by simplton
    Thanks for the input. I'll certainly plan on giving them a call. Just curious why you think a custom is my best option.

Thanks again,
    Simp
    In order to save cost on the MotoLite, Titus decided to make the Large ML in between the typical L and XL of their other bikes. In a way it's an advantage for you, you could go with either frame. Large with a short stem would give you more stablity due a longer wheel base, or Medium with a long stem if you liked more weight over your front tire. But, I'd think if you're going Titanium you'd want to get it custom fit.

ಠ_ಠ
    simplton,

you should check this exogrid out on eBay.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    simplton,

you should check this exogrid out on eBay.

Ah Yes, the holy grail of trail bikes. Although it looks like a great bike, I'm one who'd rather pay more to know that I'm getting a brand new something. Particularly a something that I'm dropping this much scratch on. But thanks for pointing it out to me.

So I did call Titus today and the dealer that I'm purchasing this rig from. General concensus is go large so that is what I'll do. I planning on placing my order tomorrow for a large ML Ti with the All-Mountain I kit and Talas RLC fork. So I know that the parts kit is on the lower end, but money is an issue and this came to be the best price point. So I'll scavage what I can off my Epic, put it on the ML and vice versa. Then eBay off the Epic.

Thanks again for all the help. I'll be back again after my ride shows up. I can't wait.....

Later,
    Simp

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    OK, so my order has been placed....

Gonna be a tough two weeks.

Later,
    Simp

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Hijack

Sorry to jack the thread, but lets talk about me for a tick.

I'm ready to lay down the cash for the ML, but am getting a little nervous when it comes to sizing.

I'm 5'8" with a 30.5" inseam barefoot @ 165 lbs. I'm on the fence I think for a medium. I did get the chance to test out a ML medium and it felt ok. However, I plan to run an AM1 @ 140mm on the front. And a parking lot test is hardly an extensive ride. My FXR has a 22.5" top tube and I think I could afford to increase the stem and get a little more stretched out. What do you all think.

Pat

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Nevermind

I jsut saw this thread: 5'8"-5'9" Motolite owners

I swear it wasnt there 5 minutes ago.