mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Motolite Shock Hardare

Picked up a small motolite frame without a shock and am having issues finding the shock hardware for the body mount on the frame. I can't find my calipers but it looks to be around 6mm x 31.75mm. RWC says to use their 6mm x 30mm kit with some shims. Anyone know where I can buy the reducer for this mount on the cheap? I don't really want to spend $33 on their roller bearing and another $2-4 on shims on the frame mount that doesn't even need it.

mtbr member
    May 2006

ML Shock reducers

Quote Originally Posted by kan3 View Post
    Picked up a small motolite frame without a shock and am having issues finding the shock hardware for the body mount on the frame. I can't find my calipers but it looks to be around 6mm x 31.75mm. RWC says to use their 6mm x 30mm kit with some shims. Anyone know where I can buy the reducer for this mount on the cheap? I don't really want to spend $33 on their roller bearing and another $2-4 on shims on the frame mount that doesn't even need it.
    The measurements from RWC should provide the proper length.

Cambria Bike at one point listed a large number of FOX OEM reducers.

Honestly the RWC roller bearings on my small ML with the 1.5 inch shock not the 2.0 inch most definitely is more compliant and small bump and squarish bump better that with the std Fox reducer. I believe RWC suggests just the piston end but both ends would be fine.

The RWC roller bearings "may" have stopped me from Pushing the shock.

I did the RWC rollers to both ends on my RX and it too is more compliant and easier on an aging body.