mtbr member
    May 2007

MotoLite Seatpost Sizing

My MotoLite has just arrived and I had a 27.2 post off another frame to drop in. It was slightly looser in the frame than any other post/frame I have used so took it to a couple of my L.B.S.'s to size the seat-tube. Opinion was divided but it looked as though a 27.4 would go into the frame OK although the 27.2 should be fine once clamped up. Has anyone else came across this with a Titus frame, Is it normal for the seat-tubes to be reamed to the upper limit of the tolerances for a fairly loose fit? Should I stop being neurotic and just fit the 27.2 or should I go for a 27.4?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Congratulations on your new Moto Lite

Welcome to mtbr !~!

I would use the post that fits snug, but not forced. If the post is too small it may end up cracking the seat tube at the end of the slot by the clamp squeezing too much.

Your's does not sound that loose though. Does the seat slip when you ride it with the clamp firm (but not super overtight) ?~? If not you would be ok.

My 27.2 Thomson pole is marginally snug... I don't feel it's either to loose or tight.