mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Motolite seatpost noise

Looking for a little help with a seatpost / seattube creak on my 06 motolite. If I pull on the post and push on the top tube (or vice versa) it makes a creaking noise. If I then remove the seatopst, wipe it clean, and retighten the clamp the noise goes away. Problem solved, except that it comes back within 10 minutes of riding. The post and collar are lubricated, and the post is the correct size (27.2). I dont see any cracks in the welding, it is not the seat, and this noise will quickly make me crazy. Any ideas?

MC MasterShake
    Check the Deraileur hanger. I was getting the same creaking. I did everything to fix it and narrowed it down to the deraileur. I removed it and greased it up good. That seemed to take care of the creak.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have/had the same creak on my RacerX and it drove me crazy. I swore it was coming from the seatpost. Low and behold it was the bottom pivot bushing . I needed to pull the crankset to access the bolt, though when I pulled it out, clean and re-torqued it, the creak went away. It was weird because there was NO slop or extra flex in the swingarm. Don't know if this helps on a Motolite, though it saved me a trip to the 'shrinks couch this month.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I have just diagnosed the same problem, for a while i thought that it was the seat rails in my crappy raceface post. Ive found that greasing the post well (really well) has solved the issues along with making sure that my hope clamp is nice and tight. What post are you running.