mtbr member

Motolite....I'm still lovin it!

Hi all

Just thought i would post a note to say that most of my mates have upgraded to the latest and greatest. I have ridden all of these bikes, Pivot 4, 5, IBIS, new 575, LT2, and Trek 8 and you know what ....I don't want to upgrade.....not even tempted!
    I still love my ML.
    It's just a perfect blend between the twisty stuff, technical climbing and downhill for me.
    OK I'm not the bravest on the planet downhill so would probably concede some of the bikes above may be better BUT I'm always first to the top and at the end of the twisty stuff so the ML still goes great for me!

Plus still love the 4" option which I reckon is way underated for fast stuff!

Long live the ML!!
    Ti Steve

mtbr member

I understand

The ML is a classic- well designed,built and nice to look at too. The Horst link is a winner for me and the trails I frequent.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Plus still love the 4" option which I reckon is way underated for fast stuff!

Curious about this. How different do you reckon the the ride is at 4" vs. riding with the propedal on? Which propedal setting (on the R23) is most similar to riding at 4", if that makes any sense.

Thanks, still trying to figure out all the possibilities on my Motolite.

mtbr member
    I have rekindled my love affair with the Motolite as well. I was completely seduced by the new 5 Spot, and nearly pulled the trigger. Instead, I had my RP23 PUSH'd and threw a Rubber Queen 2.4 on the front and a Mountain King 2.4 on the back. If I didn't know any better I'd swear I'm riding a different bicycle. The ML is rockin' again, and I while I'm riding all I can think about is how much I love this bike (instead what new one I might purchase). Great stuff.