mtbr member
    Aug 2006

motolite frame weight

This is my first post so please forgive me if this has been asked but I couldn't find an answer using a search. I am returning to MTB after many years of road riding.After alot of soul searching I have decided that a 5 inch travel bike is for me. I am a roadie at heart and feel that a progressive XC riding style (not alot of drops or stunts) is the direction that I want my riding to go in. I have narroewed my search down to either a Yeti 575 or a Titus Motolite. My goal is a comfortable trail bike that is weight conscious (around 27 lbs)I was wondering if anyone knows the actual weight of the Motolite frame set (Medium).Thanks for your time.

Ti is addictive
    Six lbs plus depending on sizing and material its built with.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    That is what I figured it would be. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Advice for you as a soon-to-be ex-roadie... don't fret the weight. if you've got it between the 575 and the ML, their weight differences are insignificant once the bike is all built. RIDE THE BIKES! If one weighs half a pound more but the suspension feel suits your riding style better, it'll more than make up for the weight difference--in fun, speed, and fatigue. I gained some weight going to my Moto-Lite, but within two weeks my sustained and tech uphill speeds were up by at least 50%, I was riding three times the distance and feeling more alive afterwards, and I was riding probably five times as much, too... it's just more fun.

If you need to count grams, you don't need to be looking at 5" or 5.75" trail bikes, you need to be looking at 3" or 4" racers. And for your build, unless you're getting paid to do so, never sacrifice function for weight.

If you just mentally need the bike to be lighter, weigh it on an inaccurate scale. My large ML frame is only 5.5 pounds.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    It has been a struggle for me to determine what I want exactly froma bike. If I do race it will be more that likely in the ultra endurance area. I want something that will handle more like an XC bike but still be comfortalble for all day riding. From what I can tell the ML has quicker handling than the 575 and firmer suspension (based no the reviews on this site). They are both good bikes. I guess it will come down to fit and that is where the problem lies. There are no dealers in my area so a test ride is not possible. I will continue to flipflop until the bike chooses me.

mtbr member

Med 06 is 6.4lbs with RP3 shock

I just weighed it with my digital Alpine scale. This is with seat collar clamp.

mtbr member
    i was looking through the ML setup thread and saw one around 26.6 lbs, with mostly reasonable parts nothing too insane, that's pretty damn good for an alum 5" trail bike!