Paste eater

Motolite frame flex?

I've been drooling over a motolite frame for quite some time (and prolly a little while longer) I was wondering if you fine titus folks might comment on the lateral stiffness of the motolite. I have a Jamis XLT frame that pretty stiff but anything flexier would really bother me.

On a side note, the geometry stated on the titus site is with fox shocks -- 100mm/130// respectably? The Jamis HT angle is sometimes a little slacker than I would like at 68.5 -- the motolite is is perfect at 69.5.

Thanks!

ಠ_ಠ
    Titus is renown for its stiffness. The MotoLite has a massive hydro-formed down tube that is almost the same width as the 73mm bottom bracket. The chainstays are box-style for stiffness and are same ones used on the previous model SuperMoto (black diamond bike). Also, the bike uses quad-bearings on the main pivot for added stiffness.

And, yes the axle to crown show is based on a Fox, so 500mm a-to-c for the 130 travel geometry chart.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    The Motolite has tremendous lateral stiffness. There is no flex. Just like dulyebr stated, Titus is known for building bikes with incredible lateral stiffness.

thats right living legend

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Stiff!!!!!

If you decide to buy a ML... Get used to the word.

Paste eater
    I was afraid of that... you were SUPPOSE to say "it flexes like rubber! you spend too much money on bikes!"

Thanks anyway

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The Moto seems to be a stiff frame. I'm not sure what size the bearing axles are but they seem to use pretty beefy bearing axles in addition to stiff tubes. Titus may use a similar setup as Ventana. For example, the Ventana X5 and El Salt use stainless steel 15mm bearing axles at the main & tower pivots and 10mm bearing axles at the minor pivots. The cartridge bearings are huge too. I have one with the Quad bearing in all pivots and the stiffness is unbelievable. It just blows me away each time I go around an off-camber corner pretty fast or just start to accelerate. That really makes a frame last a long time as well but the stiffness helps the bike corner unbelievably well.

I'm sure someone here knows the specs on the Moto bearings and axles and will chime in but I would not worry about the stiffness of the frame.

screamer
    You're totally screwed. The only hope for you now is to take your credit cards and throw them down a dark, deep hole.