mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Motolite cable rub

I love my MLII however it is beset by cable rub around the rocker linkage. Initially the rocker plates suffered, then one of the welds where the rocker pivots, the rocker brace and now under the top-tube which is so bad it's scored the ally. I can only assume it's because it is a small frame and the clearance is minimal but it's making a right mess, very difficult to get any heli-tape in there to help it. Any ideas ML owners?

screamer
    How about some adhesive velcro, the loop side? It's very sticky and compliant -- more so than helicopter tape -- so will work well in tight spots. It'll help the cables slide over the areas and quiet things down a bit. Foam tape -- the sort you get from the hardware store to seal air leaks around window frames -- could work also but won't be nearly as durable.

Incidentally, the same thing happened on my ML (large frame; don't think it has anything to do with frame size, just a factor of cable routing). I took it into my local Titus dealer and they said it was nothing to worry about; there is so much material there, it's really just a cosmetic issue.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy