mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Moto Lite x-small owners?

Are there any x-small Moto Lite owners on this forum? Just wondering height, inseam, torso info on riders.

Thanks

jane
    Ya, I love mine! Been very pleased with the versatility and it's been my main FS ride for 2-3years.

I ride it on the shorter travel setting for preferred geometry. Use a Talas and switch between 100 and 120 mm for travel depending on terrain. (On the 5" travel setting it was better between 120 and 140).

I'm 5'5"-5'6" and of average female proportions. Think I remember my standover in bike shoes being 30". Maybe a little short waisted but mainly average. Frame fits very well as did the xs RacerX before it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the your input Jane. Yeah, my standover is 30" with shoes too. My LBS has a small 2008 ML-1 for a great price. I figured the toptube be too long.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm 5'1". Guy. Inseam about 26" without shoes. Run a 90mm 5deg stem, low-rise handle-bar, 120mm fork setting. I like the feel of the motolite. It fits me well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I think a X-small ML will fit me better. I'm 5'4" with a 29.5" standover w/o shoes, short torso. We probably have similar length torso.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hi! I got an xsmall, I'm 5'4 and 29 standover. The only downside with the xs is that the water bottle cage is on the downtube (harder to reach and more prone do getting hit by rocks, etc.) , so it's better to ride with a camelpack!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    How about a pic of a X-small Moto Lite?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Mine is on a post somewhere, search for my previous post The only downside I have with mine is the bad paint...

mtbr member
    My wife rides an x-small Motolite. At 5'2" and not super-leggy, she had a hard time finding any full suspension frames she could stand over. She is very happy with it. It is set at 4" in back, though she has also used it at 5". It has a Reba set at 115mm and a 90mm stem. I don't know her inseam, but she rides with her toes pointed, so her seat is relatively high.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hi! Have you bought your XS? How do you like it? How is it built (ie weight)? Keep us updated

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Not yet. I've been attending manufacture demos. Intense cycles is next on the calender. The ML is still my #1 pick.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

strocke shock question?

I thinking to buy the motolite Ti frame on small size but somebody says that "the small frame uses a 2" stroke shock not a 2.5 stroke as used in the med frames" somebody knwos more about this?

Thnaks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twin
    I thinking to buy the motolite Ti frame on small size but somebody says that "the small frame uses a 2" stroke shock not a 2.5 stroke as used in the med frames" somebody knwos more about this?

Thnaks
    No, the M and L ML use 2" shocks. The small and XS use 1.5" shocks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    No, the M and L ML use 2" shocks. The small and XS use 1.5" shocks.

???? so, the performance is different between 2" & 1.5" shocks. ???
    is the travel the same? is better buy the medium size that the small size.
    Sorry but can you explain this a little more.

Thansk!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Went to Titus Demo today. X, Racer X, FTM, El Guapo, & Fireline, no MotoLite. Titus rep. set me up on a small FTM w/ 80mm Thomson X4 stem. The cockpit felt fine. I rode a trail close to the bike shop, about 1 hour. The FTM climbs well, even out of the saddle.