mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Moto Lite size for 6"

Hi. Was wondering what size frame other 6 foot tall riders are riding.

I have a 32 inch inseam, short torso, and long arms. Thinking the Large may be just a little to large.

If you have a pic of yourself riding your moto lite, and you are around 6 foot tall, that would help heaps.

Cheers.

D

mtbr member
    This is a common sizing question for the ML, give a little search in this forum because there's a lot of good info from ML riders.

I'm 6'0 with a 32" inseam, and I ride a large frame. I'm comfortable on it, especially after I went from a 120mm stem to 90mm. That 30mm is basically the difference for top tube between the M & L frames. M also has a 1" smaller head tube, near 1" shorter wheel base, and near 1.5" lower standover.

As I said, I'm really happy with my size L, but I do wonder from time to time if the lower standover height would be advantageous.

Here are some action shots of me on the large frame ML. http://onebeer.net/rockvillepics.html
    Last edited by ebeer; 06-22-2009 at 08:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have a 34" inseam and I rode a Large. It fit great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for that ebeer.

yep, I did a bit of a search, I think I am more confused than before. I'll have to go back to basics, ride the bikes I have, figure out what I would prefer for this bike, ie long or short stem, and then go from there.

one sick puppy
    I am also 6' with a 32" inseam and I also bought a large and changed to a shorter stem and love the fit.
    Saddle up, Effendi. We ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    6', 33.25" inseam, Large with a 120mm stem--feels more balanced to me than a 100mm did--to each his own. Great fit, if I ever get money to migrate to a newer bike, I'm going to make sure the sizing stays the same.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I'm just under 6ft (5ft 11 and 3/4 ) with 32 inch inside leg. I have a medium Motolite which I bought second hand. I obviously did not try a large but the measurements don't add up for me. It just looks to big! The top tube length on the medium was only marginally less then the bike I had before and I don't have a stupid amount of seatpost showing. I use a 70mm stem after trying a 90mm initially.

The bike handles great - the front is easy to keep on the ground and it seems to strike a good balance between up and down. The size definitely suits me - large would be too large I'm sure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    6-0 with 32-33" inseam and ride a Medium. I'm sure I could have mede the L work, but I think it was the right choice. Guess it depends how stretched out you want to feel.