banned

Moto-lite in Eureka Springs

I just got back from a mini-vacation to Eureka Springs AR. Took the Moto-lite to ride. (The primary reason for going!!!!) I just had to let ya'll know that this bike handled the Ozark Mtns a whole lot better than I did. If you have ever been there you already know about the leg scorching climbs. I admit that I did have to get off and push a little bit on Overlook Ridge and on Miners Rock trails, but this bike handled all of the technical parts as if it was born there. The downhills were fast and furious and extremely technical and I never did kiss the ground. The Juicy brakes never let me down although there were some sphincter puckering moments on the extremely steep downhills. This bike is capable of so much more than my skills would allow. I just had to let everyone know that I think this is probably the best bike made and I know that those on this forum would agree. I look forward to my next little journey with my Moto-lite.

Gravity Tester
    Hey! I was just there over the Fourth of July too. I did two rides at Lake Leatherwood. I made a great loop out of Beecham (around the lake) to Hyde Hollow, to Twin Knobs then back down to the marina / campground. I also did Miner's Rock and Outlook Ridge. Miner's starts out with that endless marblely climb pretty much straight up the fall line. I stopped a few times but rode it all. The switchbacks had me off the bike though (too steep and loose).

I'm with you on how well the ML handled it all, climbing especially. The downhills were pretty much point and shoot affairs with the bike forgiving any awkward choice of lines. Like you I felt that the ML's competency kept me from ending up in my ass in a few spots. The bike seems to foster confidence where you need it the most.

banned

Eureka Springs

Next week they are having a Fat Tire Festival. I was told that racers will ride up the extremely steep streets downtown and that the actual singletrack is routed up the steepest parts of Overlook. Being as I am gravitationally challenged (280lbs), I can't imagine the effort to get up some of those climbs.

thats right living legend

Kick Ass!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE JONES
    Next week they are having a Fat Tire Festival. I was told that racers will ride up the extremely steep streets downtown and that the actual singletrack is routed up the steepest parts of Overlook. Being as I am gravitationally challenged (280lbs), I can't imagine the effort to get up some of those climbs.

Good to here your taking the Moto on some road trips. Next time take me with you "he he"...

Gravity Tester
    http://www.fattirefestival.com/2005/...F-frameset.htm

Has all the gory details. If it weren't a 400 mile trip for me I'd be there (to watch).