Motion activated

More tire clearence for 1st gen Moto-lite?

Sorry if this has been asked already, I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for.

My wife has a first generation ML and we're thinking about a larger tire in the rear. I understand that Titus is offering an upgrade to the chain stays.
    Questions

(1) Cost is $200 right?

(2) What gets swapped exactly, the chainstays and seatstays, or just the chainstays?

(3) What’s the biggest/tallest (tubeless) tire the new setup will take? She has a 2.1 Nev at the moment, but we'd like something with more volume.

Thanks guys!!
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Sorry if this has been asked already, I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for.

My wife has a first generation ML and we're thinking about a larger tire in the rear. I understand that Titus is offering an upgrade to the chain stays.
    Questions

(1) Cost is $200 right?

(2) What gets swapped exactly, the chainstays and seatstays, or just the chainstays?

(3) What’s the biggest/tallest (tubeless) tire the new setup will take? She has a 2.1 Nev at the moment, but we'd like something with more volume.

Thanks guys!!
    Hi Steve...

You have to order the FR Lowers. They're about 200-220, and it's polished silver. You only change the chainstay.

I think you can fit a 2.4 or maybe 2.5 without problems. Right now I have a Cinder 2.25 and have plenty of space. I'm happy with the lowers.

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    and it's polished silver.
    That should match up real well with the rest of her Frost Pink bike.

How much to they charge to have it painted? Or conversely, how much it would cost to have her seatstay polished?

Paper or plastic?
    That should match up real well with the rest of her Frost Pink bike.

How much to they charge to have it painted? Or conversely, how much it would cost to have her seatstay polished?
    I think that you can have the seatstay polished for about $50.

Max tire: probably a 2.35 Nevegal. The seatstay brace becomes your limiting factor.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    I think that you can have the seatstay polished for about $50.

Max tire: probably a 2.35 Nevegal. The seatstay brace becomes your limiting factor.
    Polished rear triangle.... that should look pretty sweet. Only problem is the down time. Anyway know the turnaround time to have the seatsays polished?

Paper or plastic?
    Polished rear triangle.... that should look pretty sweet. Only problem is the down time. Anyway know the turnaround time to have the seatsays polished?
    My best guess: 2 weeks (time to take it off, ship, have it done, shipped back, remounted).

Motion activated
    2 weeks! Nooooooooooooooooooo......

Paper or plastic?
    2 weeks! Nooooooooooooooooooo......
    That's why you need 2 bikes.

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    That's why you need 2 bikes.
    Well she has another bike but it's a DH bike. I think she'll just have to live with the polished chainstay with pink seatstay, or maybe get the new stay painted frost pink - no down time then.

mtbr member

Polished stay looks good

I think the polished stay looks great, that is what I have on my ML. My question is, if she has a downhill bike, does she really need to run a 2.35 tire on the back?? I have the FR lowers and I still run a 2.1 Nevegal on the back and I generally ride fast aggresive singletrack and do some 1-2 foot drops. One thing to remember, the FR lowers add about a 1/4 pound to the bike, plus the weight of a bigger tire
    Attached Images Attached Images

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr
    I think the polished stay looks great, that is what I have on my ML. My question is, if she has a downhill bike, does she really need to run a 2.35 tire on the back?? I have the FR lowers and I still run a 2.1 Nevegal on the back and I generally ride fast aggresive singletrack and do some 1-2 foot drops. One thing to remember, the FR lowers add about a 1/4 pound to the bike, plus the weight of a bigger tire
    Hey thanks for the pic! Nice looking ride - I've always liked that color.

After much experimentation I'm a big believer in LARGE volume tires with stiff sidewalls for our local trails. Colorado Front Range gets next to no rain and is very steep & loose with lots of square edge imbedded rocks. It's in pretty bad shape compared to a lot of the DH trails at the ski resorts. Big tires put the fun back into our trails IMHO. No more getting knocked off line, overshooting switchbacks or having to pick you way though the rock gardens. Not to mention no more pinch flats.

ಠ_ಠ
    Talk to Spectrum Powder Works.

I believe they are local to you:

Spectrum Powder Works
    309 - D Arrawanna St.
    Colorado Springs, CO. 80909

, and I've heard they do top notch work.

Personally, I went with a back rear triangle when I got the FR lowers. But, polished would look nice too. Plus, it's the most practical in terms of durablility.
    Last edited by dulyebr; 07-11-2006 at 08:27 PM.

thats right living legend

Sorry Bad Pics...

But you can see it... You want some real bling, look at duly's ano rear...

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    Talk to Spectrum Powder Works.

I believe they are local to you:

Spectrum Powder Works
    309 - D Arrawanna St.
    Colorado Springs, CO. 80909

, and I've heard they do top notch work.

Personally, I went with a back rear triangle when I got the FR lowers. But, polished would look nice too. Plus, it's the most practical in terms of durablility.
    I just checked out the Titus site and they no longer have frost pink as a color option
    For now though, I think she'll be sporting polished chainstays and we'll do something about matching it when winter comes around.

BTW thanks for the SPW info!