Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,244

    More Tahoe and GPS for AM

    This is my favorite ride when I am in Tahoe. Nice fireroad climb, turns to a bit more techy single track climb. Hooks up with the Tahoe Rim Rim trail for a bit which is just killer.

    A slight dodge to the left and your on The Missing Link. A threw in a pic from the start of TML of Squaw Valley USA. Winter Olympics where there in 1960.

    Wind down through part of the Western States Trail. Land on Highway 89 for the ride home along the Truckee River which is the only spill for Lake Tahoe.

    Every time I finish this ride I tell my wife I need another inch. She might agree, but I haven't been given that ML I've been waiting for.

    I always love seening where you all ride so I thought I would share.

















  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Thanks !~!

    man, you could have fun in those rocks and logs on the way down

    i really enjoy seeing the google earth shots and the trails on them

    if you can't get an extra inch... look into a 32 Talas 100/120/140

    a longer fork for the descents would make heaps of difference

  3. #3
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Reputation: barelylegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Awesome Pics thanks for sharing Orthorex....

  4. #4
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Every time I finish this ride I tell my wife I need another inch. She might agree, but I haven't been given that ML I've been waiting for.
    Maybe if you give her an "extra inch", she'll reciprocate the favor.

    Killer pics, BTW.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    871

    Sweet

    Ah man, those are some sweet pics. Hope I get some on my Rainbow Creek ride tomorrow. I say go with a Pike! The Talas is good but I'm still not feeling the love on the downhills (need about 10mm more A2C).

    chris

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    Ah man, those are some sweet pics. Hope I get some on my Rainbow Creek ride tomorrow. I say go with a Pike! The Talas is good but I'm still not feeling the love on the downhills (need about 10mm more A2C).

    chris
    Pike on an RX

    Is this anywhere near the fires ?~?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,244
    I took these pictures at about 4:30 this afternoon from our pier. The fire is about 25 miles from our place and the ride (Tahoe City). It is REALLY bad. Totally out of control and over 150 houses have burned. The afternoon winds made things really tough. We had fire trucks driving buy every 5 minutes for hours.

    TahoeBC over on the NorCal board thinks he lost his house.



  8. #8
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,754
    wow.. great pics, ortho!

    on the other hand.. it really sucks about those fires... I hope the winds come down and they get under control...

  9. #9
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,179
    orthorex:

    1. thanks for sharing the ride, very nice.

    2. that really sucks about the fire. ;^(

  10. #10
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,645
    Man, those fires draw big vacuum...

    I hope they can control them soon. Dang, that's really sad.

    Sweet place!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Check my Site

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Man, those fires draw big vacuum...

    I hope they can control them soon. Dang, that's really sad.

    Sweet place!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Warp,

    Tahoe is a MTB destination for anybody. Today, I did 23 miles with a buddy. 18 was single track. The last 7 miles starting at the blue dot in the picture was single track that basically required zero pedalling.

    The trails are endless.

    The image view is from the North. The fire is at the top, right area of the lake. Lake level is 6200 feet, the blue dot is 8400 feet.

    Titus 2009, or another year, should be here.


  12. #12
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,645
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Titus 2009, or another year, should be here.
    Agreed!!
    Check my Site

  13. #13
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    we can do a downieville gathering next weekend???

  14. #14
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,639
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Warp,

    Tahoe is a MTB destination for anybody. Today, I did 23 miles with a buddy. 18 was single track. The last 7 miles starting at the blue dot in the picture was single track that basically required zero pedalling.

    The trails are endless.

    The image view is from the North. The fire is at the top, right area of the lake. Lake level is 6200 feet, the blue dot is 8400 feet.

    Titus 2009, or another year, should be here.
    My best ride ever was to Watson Lake. We went up Western States, up the Wall (***** of a climb, I walked half of it), onto the TRT, then we went down this shale trail that was just incredible. It dumped 1/2 mile from the lake. Very sweet. I'm jonesing to go back to Tahoe. I'm trying to convince the wife that we should rent a house up there in August by Donner lake.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •