mtbr member

New question here. monarch rc3 plus or rT3?

Looking at a new rear shock for the EG. Everyone is buying the RT3 from titus right? Well, I've seen one dude on here with an rc3 plus and didn't really see any reviews on it. Is there any info on the rc3 plus out there yet? I like to have as many adjustments as I can get for my dollar and the plus is only a few bucks more through our shop. But if it's something I don't really need......
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Really digging the RT3 on my Guapo. Its just seamless. WAY better shock then the Rpoopy23.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Push Monarch Plus = ultimate airshock

The "plus" is probably the ultimate air shock. I went up to visit push to get my RP23 retuned for the Guapo and came away with the plus. I've seen a couple guys who said the plus is night and day better than the RP23 and I agree. Slow speed bump performance is exceptional. After a couple rides and finding the right pressure (145psi for 200lbs) I was really impressed by its soaking up of high speed hits. The 3 position lever really works. The firm position cancels out any bob and keeps the back up.

Also pictured is the shock at bottomout, plenty of room on the Guapo.

Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails monarch rc3 plus or rT3?-guapo11.jpg  

monarch rc3 plus or rT3?-guapo10.jpg  

mtbr member
    I was not aware push was selling the plus rt3. Are you able to use the reducers that the rp23 came with or did you pick up new stuff? Thanks for the info guys!

mtbr member
    The reducers from the RP23 will work. If you buy the RT3 from Titus it comes with reducers installed.

RHRF!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    The "plus" is probably the ultimate air shock. I went up to visit push to get my RP23 retuned for the Guapo and came away with the plus. I've seen a couple guys who said the plus is night and day better than the RP23 and I agree. Slow speed bump performance is exceptional. After a couple rides and finding the right pressure (145psi for 200lbs) I was really impressed by its soaking up of high speed hits. The 3 position lever really works. The firm position cancels out any bob and keeps the back up.

Dude
    Are you running the 'high volume' canister?
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l

Dude

Chris, how are you liking the EG? Equal to the Nomad?

mtbr member
    Went with the plus model also. I'll get a ride report some time after it comes.

The Cheater
    So the concensus is that the RT3 is better than RP23?
    Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Yeah what's up w/ these, anyone get a good ride yet?

Still waiting to hear how well these different models handle bottom out @ correct sag.

@Chris97 your bike has 6 cables?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah, 6. The two extra is one for the gravity dropper and the other is for the IT travel adjust on the fork.

I've taken 3 to 4 footers I can't really tell if I'm bottoming out or not. What is considered bottoming out? Do I have to knock the o-ring completely off? I usually just get it where the o-ring is almost off but can still see a sliver of shaft left.

Push'd Monarch Plus - High Volume Can - 147psi which gives 30% sag in the top hole - 205lbs riding weight

mtbr member

150 psi 30% sag

Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJDOG
    Yeah what's up w/ these, anyone get a good ride yet?

Still waiting to hear how well these different models handle bottom out @ correct sag.

@Chris97 your bike has 6 cables?
    I'm 180 w/o gear. I hit some pretty good three foot drops and high speed G outs and I have yet to blow the ring off, its close (about 1/8") but feels great. I love having a 3 position lever that actually does something. You can hammer out of the saddle in the closed setting with no bob, flick it in the middle setting for seated climbing and rolling trail and open it up for DH runs. Great shock, just hope the reliability is there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I'd say bottom out is wherever the ring ends up after you deflate and sit on the saddle.

I've never even thought about buying an air shock w/ piggyback because of the fox wallow. Now I'm gonna have to rethink this.. the thing only weighs .78 lbs

Monarch sounds like a much better match for the 36. I mean 150 PSI w/ no bottom out..

Thanks for the info guys!, btw how much fluid was inside the Monarch w/ those results?

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    any updates in this thread? curious about the RC3 Plus myself

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Just think of the Plus as equal to an old DHX5 Coil that is adjustable. I kept running both shocks but always went back to the Plus because the DHX didn't offer anything extra, except added weight. The firm position (pro pedal) not so much firmed everything up like a lockout but it just keeps the back end up and higher in the shocks travel. For the EG I think that is key in minimizing some pedal strikes.

Chris