Thread: Modena

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Modena

i am going to compete in the bali triathlon next june and will need a road bike. my bike shop is selling a modena frame and carbon forks for $1200 is this a good price and does anyone have one. some people are worried about the durability of the carbon and aluminium mix. any thoughts

txn
    mtbr member
    Kinda pricey for a discontinued model. IIRC Colorado Cyclist was blowing them out last year for around $800.

They have the Oseo on sale for $1299, which IMHO is a better deal considering its a full carbon frame. Reviews of the Oseo were vary favorable.

mtbr member
    I bought one from Colorado Cyclist 2 years ago on closeout.

It's a great bike and I do not regret buying it. It rides really well, and has had no durability problems.

Ti is addictive
    Agreed about the Oseo....go Colorado cyclist and pick that one up instead. Better price for a better frame. Modena was phased out 2 years ago and replaced with the Oseo. Titus's first sub 1000gram frame if I remember correctly.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My friend had a modena that i used why'll he tried to sell it. I returned it before it sold because I found out that It was like riding a wet noodle when you applied any power to it. That was the reason he wanted to sell it. Your better off buying something else

Do It Yourself
    Frame and fork for $1200 USD is WAAAAY too much but I'm unsure of the currency in Indonesia. I paid half that for my Modena frameset (frame and fork) almost 2 years ago. Maybe $1200 USD complete would be a deal but just for frame and fork, I would look elsewhere.

If shawn3putt had problems with his buddy's frame, it was a isolated case and not indiciative of how the Modena rides. I don't have a lot of experience with road bikes, but noodly is not how I would describe mine. There must have been something wrong with that particular bike, and it might not have been the frame. For example, I had a bad rear wheel bearing on mine and it felt like the rear was wagging under power.

That said, I do worry about the long term durability of the bonding. I already have some corrosion and delaminating at top tube/seat tube lug. As far as I can tell, it hasn't effected the ride yet but I'm keeping a good eye on it.
    Long Live Long Rides