Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Veni Vidi Vici

ML and RX- the difference

Good day Legionaires...

I just would like to ask what is the difference between the ML and the RX... I have one small ML in order for my girlfriend, but i am still toying with the idea of buying her an RX and sell my HT race bike (Kona)... These pop out when I saw the RX limited version (red ... I was thinking of just buying an RX for her and since she doesnt race, I will just use that as my race bike (only happens 2-3x year)...

My options;

1. Buy her an ML, use my Kona HT as my race bike
    2. Buy her an RX, sell my Kona HT race bike

As always I know that the Titus legionaires can help me decide on these Thank you in advance

p.s. The bikes will be arriving these week

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    buy yourself an El Guapo

give up your Moto Lite for the lucky girl

get a Super Moto for the fun days and give up racing

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    oops... didn't read your options correctly

I'd get her the ML you have on order so you can be a matching couple

race the HT

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    buy yourself an El Guapo

give up your Moto Lite for the lucky girl

get a Super Moto for the fun days and give up racing
    Thanks AM, my problem with these options is, my ML is medium, so it wont fit her... with regards to the El Guapo, I am still waiting for your review

[/IMG]

Veni Vidi Vici
    [IMG][/IMG]

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    Thanks AM, my problem with these options is, my ML is medium, so it wont fit her... with regards to the El Guapo, I am still waiting for your review
    Her R-X will not fit you then... Sizing is similar.

Get the ML for her and race the HT... if tracks get nasty, then you can push the 4" ML into service.
    Check my Site

Veni Vidi Vici
    oops... didn't read your options correctly

I'd get her the ML you have on order so you can be a matching couple

race the HT
    Thanks Mate

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Her R-X will not fit you then... Sizing is similar.

Get the ML for her and race the HT... if tracks get nasty, then you can push the 4" ML into service.
    Thanks Warp, I am actually in the very narrow margin of medium and small... 5'7 1/2" so I think I can cross over with the size... another factor is, with the difference of the amount between the ML and the RX, i will be spending that too with my HT, for imporovements... but with her present component, the RX built will be at around 23-24lbs already... with this at hand, what do you think? Thanks and sorry for the many questions

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    ML is more of a trail bike. RX has a steep HA so it will not be as fun going down nor will it be as stable or forgiving in technical situations.

I guess you are going to buy a complete build (not just frame)... so keeping the weight down always helps.

Does the extra weight of a ML mean much to your girlfriend ?~? Will she like to ride a more stable bike like the ML or a sharp fast light bike like the RX ?~?

I would not worry about racing... if it's only 2-3 times a year. If you are serious about racing you would setup a bike with a cockpit unique to you and you will train with it. Not the sort of bike to share.

Focus on your girlfriend's needs. Forget you (you will test the EG for me )

ok.... why is there a photo of a turner along with the pretty girl ?~?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Sell the Kona. Buy her the ML, and buy yousrself a RX. Solved!

You will do more than just race the RX. You can use it as a hard tail with the RP23 set to no PP to work on the old skhool skillz.

Or, just a climbing monster....

Can you take advantage of the weak $?

Veni Vidi Vici
    Youve got good eyes AM the girl is my gf (from sydney I snatched her the last time I was there ... the turner rider is one of our biking mates

I will be buying a frame only.. so she will be using her old components.. e.g. marathon sl Marz, thomson post, american classic wheelset, xt cranks, easton handle bars, so it is safe to say for RX it will be around 24lbs... she is around 5'5" 115lbs, with that weight/height, do you think there will be a difference in handling an ML or R-X? She is not a weight winnie like me ... ok for this time I will not think about myself and stop being selfish for awhile... ( oh and its you who will test the EG for me )

ML is more of a trail bike. RX has a steep HA so it will not be as fun going down nor will it be as stable or forgiving in technical situations.

I guess you are going to buy a complete build (not just frame)... so keeping the weight down always helps.

Does the extra weight of a ML mean much to your girlfriend ?~? Will she like to ride a more stable bike like the ML or a sharp fast light bike like the RX ?~?

I would not worry about racing... if it's only 2-3 times a year. If you are serious about racing you would setup a bike with a cockpit unique to you and you will train with it. Not the sort of bike to share.

Focus on your girlfriend's needs. Forget you (you will test the EG for me )

ok.... why is there a photo of a turner along with the pretty girl ?~?

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Sell the Kona. Buy her the ML, and buy yousrself a RX. Solved!

You will do more than just race the RX. You can use it as a hard tail with the RP23 set to no PP to work on the old skhool skillz.

Or, just a climbing monster....

Can you take advantage of the weak $?
    Yes, I am actually taking advantage on that right now I cannot afford to by 2 bikes right now, so my focus is just to buy one bike for her... if I sell my kona, the amount will not be substantial amount to buy an R-X

"El Whatever"
    Thanks Warp, I am actually in the very narrow margin of medium and small... 5'7 1/2" so I think I can cross over with the size... another factor is, with the difference of the amount between the ML and the RX, i will be spending that too with my HT, for imporovements... but with her present component, the RX built will be at around 23-24lbs already... with this at hand, what do you think? Thanks and sorry for the many questions
    Get her/you the S ML... As AM mentions, if you are racing only a few times a year, why limit the rest of your riding the rest of the year???

Also, the S seems to fit her size pretty well... Maybe get her a few lighter components like fork and wheels. That will "hide" the "extra" weight of the ML... which is pretty light to start with.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Youve got good eyes AM the girl is my gf (from sydney I snatched her the last time I was there ... the turner rider is one of our biking mates

I will be buying a frame only.. so she will be using her old components.. e.g. marathon sl Marz, thomson post, american classic wheelset, xt cranks, easton handle bars, so it is safe to say for RX it will be around 24lbs... she is around 5'5" 115lbs, with that weight/height, do you think there will be a difference in handling an ML or R-X? She is not a weight winnie like me ... ok for this time I will not think about myself and stop being selfish for awhile... ( oh and its you who will test the EG for me )
    No wonder you like coming here. This needs more explanation.... did she move up to you (and if yes, so soon ?~?) ?~? And why does your turner mate got such a big smile behind your girl ?~?

If it is her one bike get a Moto Lite. orthorex is just trying to brainwash you .... you have no use for an RX.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yes, I am actually taking advantage on that right now I cannot afford to by 2 bikes right now, so my focus is just to buy one bike for her... if I sell my kona, the amount will not be substantial amount to buy an R-X
    Good for you on the weak $ thing.

ML for her. I think my wife needs one as well, it's a better everything bike..

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Get her/you the S ML... As AM mentions, if you are racing only a few times a year, why limit the rest of your riding the rest of the year???

Also, the S seems to fit her size pretty well... Maybe get her a few lighter components like fork and wheels. That will "hide" the "extra" weight of the ML... which is pretty light to start with.
    Isn't a medium MLII now 5.8 lbs (I think).... that's light for the stiffness it offers !~!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Good for you on the weak $ thing.

ML for her. I think my wife needs one as well, it's a better everything bike..
    get your little possum an Exogrid ... the gift that keeps on giving

thats right living legend
    Sale your HT buy an EG, and give your GF to me.

mtbr member
    Go with the RX...it is a decent trail bike and a kickin' race bike. The Marz Sl will be perfect. If she is a WW then the RX will be the call.
    No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself- F. Neitzsche

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Sale your HT buy an EG, and give your GF to me.
    I thought you are getting married already? I am still waiting for AM to buy the EG.. and wait for his review

thats right living legend
    [QUOTE=barelylegal]I thought you are getting married already?:QUOTE]

Oh yeah!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I thought you are getting married already? I am still waiting for AM to buy the EG.. and wait for his review
    EG is no match for my ML

no afford EG without selling ML

my ML is not for sale its priceless

at the moment SM has got my attention

just waiting to see what 08 will bring for the SM

but doc says i should reconsider any knocks to head

my past has not been too good for my head and got lots bashed

Veni Vidi Vici
    No wonder you like coming here. This needs more explanation.... did she move up to you (and if yes, so soon ?~?) ?~? And why does your turner mate got such a big smile behind your girl ?~?

If it is her one bike get a Moto Lite. orthorex is just trying to brainwash you .... you have no use for an RX.
    So you got it all figured it out buddy ... She moved last year, so we just visit Sydney every summer... he had that smile, because there is a camera in front of him

I will decide today, because shipment from Titus arrived today I am getting discounts too because I am now their official forwarder here. ...

Veni Vidi Vici
    EG is no match for my ML

no afford EG without selling ML

my ML is not for sale its priceless

at the moment SM has got my attention

just waiting to see what 08 will bring for the SM

but doc says i should reconsider any knocks to head

my past has not been too good for my head and got lots bashed
    "EG is no match for my ML" that is also in my mind AM, specially after reading the post of DS... and I am still finding reasons to change my ML.. but the problem, is so love my ML... and you are correct, ML is really priceless ... maybe you should get a full face helmet so even if you do these you will be alright.

Veni Vidi Vici
    [QUOTE=blackagness]
    I thought you are getting married already?:QUOTE]

Oh yeah!
    So, you are inviting all the people in these board?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast