mtbr member
    Jan 2006

ML frame size question

I posted eailer about ML vs Epi. Well I made the wise choice and stuck with my home town boy's at Titus and will be ordering a ML. I currently ride a L 2006 Racer X with with a 120 stem and a Thompson set back seat post which fits me perfect. Since I can't find a demo to ride I wanted to get some feed back from the experts who have ridden a ML and the Racer X to see if you had to make any size ajustmetns on your stem or seat postion (set back or straight post). I know the top tube and wheel base are longer on the ML. Has anyone had a better fit on a (M) Moto Lite after riding a (L) Racer X?

thats right living legend

Not Much Help...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Head
    I posted eailer about ML vs Epi. Well I made the wise choice and stuck with my home town boy's at Titus and will be ordering a ML. I currently ride a L 2006 Racer X with with a 120 stem and a Thompson set back seat post which fits me perfect. Since I can't find a demo to ride I wanted to get some feed back from the experts who have ridden a ML and the Racer X to see if you had to make any size ajustmetns on your stem or seat postion (set back or straight post). I know the top tube and wheel base are longer on the ML. Has anyone had a better fit on a (M) Moto Lite after riding a (L) Racer X?

The only thing remotly related to your Q that I can say is, when I ordered my ML I orded it based on a Md RX that, that LBS let me ride around the parking lot. It fit, so I ordered a Md Moto-Lite, and it fits great.... Good Luck!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I don't know if you have an LBS that carries Titus. Competitive Cyclist in Arkansas has demo Motolites in M and L. You get 1 week of use and to/from shipping for 200 bones. Works like and charm.

www.competitivecyclist.com

G
    Last edited by orthorex; 08-14-2006 at 09:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the help blackagness. Did you have to shorten you stem or make any other adjustments
    Last edited by Dirt Head; 08-14-2006 at 09:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the tip on the demo. It's strange, I live it Phoenix which is the right in the backyard of Titus and I can not find a demo ML

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I just picked up a large Motolite last week and own a 2003 large Racer-x. I had a 120mm stem on the Racer-X and have a 100 mm stem on the Motolite and they feel pretty similar.

I also live in N. Phoenix and work in Scottsdale and would let you check it out and see how it fits.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Jomax:

That would ge great, let me know what works for you. I live off Scottsdale Road and Happy Valley. What trails do you usually ride? I ride Squaw Peak (100 and 1A) along with Pima/Dinamite area.

"Its All Good"
    Nice, the power of the internet, such a small world..........
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Dirt...sent you a PM so we can discuss logistics offline

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Jomax
    Sounds good

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

ML size question

Jomax:

Did you send a messege to my email? If so I did not receive it. It may have gone into my junk mail. You can try again at jeadamsaz@msn.com I gone this weekend for a bachelor party (that could be scary) but I will be around next week. I would love to try out the ML for a short ride,

Thanks