mtbr member
    Oct 2007

ML - All Mountain Kit II

I am about to make an offer on a used '07 Motolite II that is already built up with the AM Kit II. (XT package)

I'm really just buying the bike for the frame and fork (Talas RLC), but would still like to get some input from someone out there about the quality of the components/wheels.

The wheels are DT Swiss X455 and the stem/seatpost/handlebars are Maxm.

I tried looking at the reviews and nothing is listed for Maxm, and only two reviews for the wheels that weren't too exciting.

If anyone reading this has some knowledge about this build, I sure would like to know what you think of it.

Thanks.

thats right living legend
    MaxM is Titus's own brand... in a way. Titus has their Titus labeled stuff, but I think their highend stuff is the MaxM. Anyway Maxm is all top of the line componets.

As for the wheels, I personely like that set, though I don't own them.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    DT 455 wheelset I rate as quite good value.
    Weight 1800 gms for 32 spoke is good.

They are stiff and roll well.

Comparable to Shimano Xt except they are not a UST rim but better than a lot of others out there on top end bikes!

PS Good freehub too for money!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Been very happy with XT stuff...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Did the same re AM II kit. Exchanged the wheels with Mavics immediately so have no feedback on that. Kept the Maxm stuff and they are pretty good. They are lightweight and strong. I am 240lbs and no problems. I asked my lbs about the Dts and they said same level as Crosstrails but not UST. Also they are 6 bolts even if the kit comes with Shimano xt brakes. The 6 bolt Shimano rotor design seems old and heavy.

mtbr member
    What do you guys think those DT X455 wheels are worth new? I still have the set that came with my ML, and I need to put them up on ebay, I just Have no idea what to ask. Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your input on the AM Kit II.

I ended up just getting a new (07) frame/fork (32 Talas RLC) and will build it up myself. I will probably have some more questions for you guys, but until then, thanks again for your opinions.

Take care.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I liked all the AM II kit *except* the POS MaxM carbon seat post - the clamp separated from the post on the Ribbon. I replaced it with a Thompson Elite and have been happy ever since.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.