mtbr member

Is the ML-1 and the motolite the same thing.

What is the big different' s in these two frames or are they pretty much the same.

Photobucket
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

ML-1's and RX'-1's

These bikes are basically just 2006 Motolights and Racer-X's without carbon rear ends. They are built overseas from what I understand, and are made out of lower quality alum then the Titus TUF series metal on the current bikes. They also come with lower end shocks. I would say they are about 10% different the the Racer X and Moto-light.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Not exactly

The ML-1 is the same heat-treated hydroformed 6061 aluminum front triangle as the 2005-07 Motolite. Made in USA tubing. By no means a lower quality. Same aluminum and from the same factory as the current El Guapo.

And the RP2 rear shock is not a lower end shock. It is the same as the RP23 but with one factory tuned Propedal setting instead of 3 settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bikerbob.com; 05-27-2009 at 05:27 AM.

screamer
    As someone who is thrashing a 2006 Motolite (basically identical to the ML-1) with nary a squeaky pivot, I'll argue to anyone who cares to listen that this frame is hands down the best trailbike value in the entire industry. While the FTM may be replacing the Motolite eventually, Titus'd be totally off their rocker to discontinue the ML-1: it's a winner.

Now, if they'd just do something about that outdated paint scheme, they'd really be on to something....

ಠ_ಠ
    damn! that's good looking motolite!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr

Nah, too clean. Whoever owns that bike must not ride it much or ride it like a girl.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Girls bike

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus
    Nah, too clean. Whoever owns that bike must not ride it much or ride it like a girl.
    You are nearly correct. I built it yesterday for a woman who hasn't ridden it yet. I bet she gets it dirty pretty soon.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    Yea very sexy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    You are nearly correct. I built it yesterday for a woman who hasn't ridden it yet. I bet she gets it dirty pretty soon.

Sorry, was referring to the ML from the first pic, I actually thought it was dulyebr and was trying to make a joke! My bad.

RHG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi BikerBob, the sweet white ML1 with the F120's? that you built (Girls bike!), what weight did that come in at?