mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Magura Carbotecture

Check out the new Carbon goodness from Magura!

They are the result of Magura's "Mission Performance" project, in which they aimed to create the "best brakes in the world." It was also a goal to make it a brake suitable for all riders - from XC to DH.

From previous web video leaks, we know that the brake is made partly from carbon injection ("Carbotecture"). The prototype weighed 260 grams with screws and adapters. At Euro Bike booth visitors performed ergonomic tests to improve the feel of the lever. The result looks to be a relatively wide and flat-shaped lever.

Supposedly there will be 4 models, and the brake pictured is the second cheapest model. More expensive versions are matt black and may feature carbon levers.

.http://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-H...isc-Brake,5272.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hmm. I need a set of brakes that stop vastly better than the stock Juicy 3's that came with my '09 Moto-Lite.

Again, Hmm...

Andreas
    '09 Titus Motolite

searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW162435
    Hmm. I need a set of brakes that stop vastly better than the stock Juicy 3's that came with my '09 Moto-Lite.

Again, Hmm...

Andreas

Then go for the Maguras! I have a pair of Louise on my FTM, love them! These babys should be excellent. Also , it would be nice to read a review from somebody...
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Then go for the Maguras! I have a pair of Louise on my FTM, love them! These babys should be excellent. Also , it would be nice to read a review from somebody...

Agree. But it looks like these won't be available until next Spring.

Andreas
    '09 Titus Motolite

mtbr member
    I'm sorry but magura brakes blow. Man up, spend the money, and buy some hope's

Or should I say magura MARTA brakes drag teeth, the rest just blow.

Also those brakes look like a more expensive version of the ashima pancake brakes?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

"El Whatever"
    I love Maguras and my 3yr Louises have been pretty much trouble free despite user neglect.

However, I went back to aluminum levers. Levers is a rather non-sensical place to use carbon. Weight advantage is not that great and they're prone to impacts breaking them as opposed as just bent them. A bent lever can take you back home, a broken one can't.

I would say that I want these new brakes, but mine are still under warranty and they're stopping me as good as ever. Thanks Magura!
    Check my Site

Get out of town!
    My Magura Martas are a PIA. They are odd - I always have to buy additional adapters or try out different rotors to fit on different frames. I just got the new Salsa El Mariachi with the Alternator dropout and it isimpossible to get the Martas (IS) to mount on the tabs (also IS) with the standard 1600mm Magura rotor. The last I used them on was tough to make them work as well.

Avid Elixirs have been my favorite brakes so far.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridin'Dirty
    My Magura Martas are a PIA. They are odd - I always have to buy additional adapters or try out different rotors to fit on different frames. I just got the new Salsa El Mariachi with the Alternator dropout and it isimpossible to get the Martas (IS) to mount on the tabs (also IS) with the standard 1600mm Magura rotor. The last I used them on was tough to make them work as well.

Avid Elixirs have been my favorite brakes so far.
    Send me your Martas!!!!!!!!!

I love my Louises. 1 year and no issues nor the famous Avid Squeeling
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible

Also those brakes look like a more expensive version of the ashima pancake brakes?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible

Love my Marta SLs. Never had a problem with them and they're four or five years old.