Chris Bling

Looking for a Coil Shock for the Guapo...

Hello my fellow Titusites!

I am looking to upgrade my RS Pearl 3.1 on my Guapo and was wondering what coil shock i should look for. I have heard good things about the Roco and the DHX 5, but was wondering what your opinion is.

thanks

Dusty
    Last edited by crisillo; 06-20-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: removed want spam
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

NOT Team Sanchez
    didn't you just sell an 8.5x2.5 dhx coil?
    I like bikes.

Chris Bling
    nope. it was a 8.75x2.75
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

bap
    mtbr member
    i've been thinking about switching out the rear to coil as well....from reading it seems most people prefer the roco to the DHX 5....I would also like to see some more reviews/trail time on the new RC4

another option is to just empty the wallet and go for the CCDB

what's that rattle?
    I was looking at a 2008 Roco TST R for the Guapo. I do use my PP quite a bit on the RP23 so I thought the lockout might be nice to have. They are Push-able but I don't know how they'd compare to a Roco WC.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Dusty, have you ever considered a manitou 6 way, greats adjustments and performance, only trouble is the different size eyelet............btw I switched back to my dual ply tires and have noticed after being off it for a while that my Barracuda drifts a little in the straighaways then hooks up well when bent over cornering, It is a little worn down though.
    I like bikes.

bap
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld
    I was looking at a 2008 Roco TST R for the Guapo. I do use my PP quite a bit on the RP23 so I thought the lockout might be nice to have. They are Push-able but I don't know how they'd compare to a Roco WC.

pretty much every thread i've read on the roco stuff has recommended the TST over the WC

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    fwiw, i have two Roco TSR shox, one coil one air, that I use on my Quasi-Moto.

both work most excellent-a-cush, and make me very happy. I have a hard time choosing between the two, the coil is heavier but PUSHed for me and the Air has a nice huge can that takes pretty low PSI (165) to get proper sag for me (200# rider w/equipment, bike has 2.95:1 leverage ratio).

mtbr member
    I'll bet the DHX-Air would work much, much better than the Pearl on the EG too. I didn't care for it on the high leverage ratio VPP design 6.6 but it works on the D-T which has a similar low leverage ratio, horst link rear like the EG.

Having said that, I really liked the Roco TST coil on the 6.6..... in fact it's probably what I'll go with on my the D-T when I go coil.

I haven't ever tried the CCDB but if it's half as good as some folks think it would be twice as good as anything I've ever tried. There's one for sale in the classifieds right now in your size.