mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Long travel Moto-lite?

I've heard that there was once available a 5.9" travel kit for the moto-lite. Does anybody know anything about this? Were people running it breaking frames from the extra stress? Did it use the same shock and just a new swing link? I'd imagine it'd raise the bb and steepen the angles, though a taller fork would offset that.

mtbr member
    Never heard of a long travel kit for the ML, except for the El Guapo kit. Cost about $2000 and replaced the frame.

mtbr member

I could be wrong,

but I seem to recall the ol' Titus Swithcblade had the ability between either a linkage upgrade and/or funky Fox three position shock to be extended all the way up to 5.7"
    Never play leap-frog with a unicorn!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The moto never had the ability for longer travel (I would have tried it if it did). And you can't use a longer shock (7.8x2.25) because you'll hit the back of the seatube with the rear. Looks like it's time for a coil and then another frame! A longer fork does work pretty good on the Moto (ran a 160mm Nixon).

The Switchblade on the other hand had different links and travel options. I think there was a 4", 5.25", and a 5.75" inch link. Plus you had all the holes in the frame, a whole puzzle in itself.

Chris