I am Bob

Long legged El Guapo

Had a great ride on El Guapo today. It's over a year or so broken in and I'm still digging it.
    Got a chance to take a glamour shot today and thought I'd share it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long legged El Guapo-035.jpg  

"No Clue Crew"
    Nice EG!!!!!!!!!............Drew

searcher
    Nice indeed. Dig the golden setup. What brand are those pedals?
    Kovi

I am Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Nice indeed. Dig the golden setup. What brand are those pedals?
    Azonic 420 pedals. Very good low prolile flats for a reasonable price. reccommended for sure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I just recently built up a 2010,after riding vvp's for five years never thought I'd go back to four bar.but couldn't resist this deal from a friend on his warranty replacement,600.00 for frame,fox van 36 and ck headset.it really does do it all well,in comparison to my Blur lt2 which I really love the El Guapo doesn't give much away if anything,just trade off's,like it's stellar confidence inspiring turning the ability to tackle bigger tech trail features with only giving very little away in the climbing department and a couple of pounds weight difference.the back end of this bike is amazingly complient and stiff no surprises just plain works even with just skewers.this is an all day play bike that won't beat you down after many hrs in the saddle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have had my EG for a few months and love it - my only issue is a few more pedal strikes. Otherwise this bike is perfect. For a 6 inch travel bike it climbs really well. Even on steep climbs there is no wandering. I am particularly impressed with the cornering ability of this bike.

NOT Team Sanchez
    As most of you on this forum know, I enjoy switching my ride up pretty often, and I've just rotated from my Supermoto back to my El Guapo. I made few changes from the last time this bike was my main steed: 66RC3 and DHX5 Coil are off, I am now running a Kowa 160Ss fork and Rockshox Pearl. The Kowa is pretty slick, but what I'm really liking is the Pearl! I took this setup down the local stunt laden trail and it was incredible how well my air suspension handled the jumps, drops, and rocks! The pearl seems very progressive, I'm able to run about 40% sag and upon finishing the ride the O ring was still about .35'' from falling off. The Kowa's also very progressive, I have about a half inch left of stanchion left on that O ring, which allows me to run a lot of sag like the Pearl. The result is a very supple ride that nevers bottoms outs; it rivaled my usual coil performance! At any rate, I'm so stoked on the EG again!!!
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Oh, and as an added bonus the bike dropped 4 lbs!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    At first I set sag as recommended by fox and was getting numerous pedal hits I set the rp23 for approx 20% sag and eliminated a majority of my hits,that and pedal finesse.a few hits is a worthy trade off for a lower center,this frame rocks high speed berms!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure
    At first I set sag as recommended by fox and was getting numerous pedal hits I set the rp23 for approx 20% sag and eliminated a majority of my hits,that and pedal finesse.a few hits is a worthy trade off for a lower center,this frame rocks high speed berms!
    I agree. I am willing to trade a few pedal hits for a 6 inch travel bike that has is incredible in the corners.

NOT Team Sanchez
    I get some pedal strikes, but only when I'm not paying attention. If you "plan" your pedal strokes it'll be less of an issue, and yes my EG compadres, these babies do indeed rock the berms/corners!
    I like bikes.