Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Good job! "The Karma Points Thread"

Hi All

Something slightly different, lets call it a prototype. A number of peeps whom participate in the Titus forum came up with the thought of a concept or idea.

It goes like this:

Most if not all of us passionate mountain / road bikers have loads of bits n pieces laying around that we are no longer using / excess to requirements etc. Could be components, tires, clothing, etc etc etc.

We would like to trial using this thread as a place where by you can post an item or items that you would like to donate / give to a needing or deserved individual.

This spells it our far better, the words of EDDIE JONES, fellow MTBR dude "I will give up alot of this stuff for free to a deserving individual or individuals. Just let me know. We just need to look out for one another"

How we work out whom is deserving is up to each person with the items needing a new home I guess...

Be cool I feel if the spirit of this idea / concept could be to get people into the sport, or those that cannot ride their bikes because of not being able to get them running for various reasons, this would be a great deed....

So go for it, slam the idea or let us know your thoughts, and also bare in mind, this is a concept of many minds, so you are not knocking one individual if you think the idea does not rate. Your constructive feedback would be appreciated...
    Last edited by Whafe; 07-03-2007 at 05:39 AM.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    joining in.. I might have one or 2 stems to put up soon... just need to finish making up my mind about what length to keep.....
    Last edited by crisillo; 07-03-2007 at 07:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Great idea. Thanks for pushing it out there Whafe.

This is going to be a ***** to get going but I would like to think that the MTBR community is capable. I don't think it could be as simple as a take it or leave it thread/forum. Posting what you got and letting people sort it out for them selves would make for entertaining reading but ripe to be taken advantage of. Perhaps a forum for MTBR approved, reputable groups such as local clubs/teams be it youth/schools or adult, grass roots programs... Established groups in some need that could be supplied with donated gear and allow them to use/distribute.
    I figure the odds be fifty-fifty.

"El Whatever"
    It's a sticky now!!!!
    Check my Site

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    It's a sticky now!!!!

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by G.G.
    Great idea. Thanks for pushing it out there Whafe.

This is going to be a ***** to get going but I would like to think that the MTBR community is capable. I don't think it could be as simple as a take it or leave it thread/forum. Posting what you got and letting people sort it out for them selves would make for entertaining reading but ripe to be taken advantage of. Perhaps a forum for MTBR approved, reputable groups such as local clubs/teams be it youth/schools or adult, grass roots programs... Established groups in some need that could be supplied with donated gear and allow them to use/distribute.
    G.G. - For sure will not be easy to have it run smoothly. Sad, but you are correct, would be open to have people being taken advantage of.....

Am sure with the number of people on here with different backgrounds etc, somehting can prosper and take shape, if not, nothing lost I guess, has to start from somewhere....

The mind is racing on thinking of something simple and productive to have it work, am sure others will come forward with ideas....

Good feedback though G.G., appreciated....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    well come forward with some sticky ideas, and keep quite Caribou Lover and AM..... This one is serious in nature. Restrain ones self......................

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    well come forward with some sticky ideas, and keep quite Caribou Lover and AM..... This one is serious in nature. Restrain ones self......................
    Hey! Don't be hatin'.

I think this is a good ideer...big props for you, Whafe, getting the ball rolling giving away some quality stuff. Nothing but good vibes come from that...are you trying to square up some past bad Karma events that you're ashamed of???

Actually, I may have a few things to offer up...and no, I'm not giving you my caribou blow-up doll....
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Anyone have springs?

Hey guys,
    Was wondering if anyone has a 550lb or 600lb x 2.25 or 2.35 spring. I'm currently running my Roco TST R with a 500lb x 2.35 Fox spring but as the shock is well broken in and I need a little more spring. FM - will be sending your 450 back soon!

chris

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Hey! Don't be hatin'.

I think this is a good ideer...big props for you, Whafe, getting the ball rolling giving away some quality stuff. Nothing but good vibes come from that...are you trying to square up some past bad Karma events that you're ashamed of???

Actually, I may have a few things to offer up...and no, I'm not giving you my caribou blow-up doll....
    karma is well in check, keep an eye on it constantly..... So you will not share that sexy blow up caribou......

banned
    I understand that there are some bad people that would try and take advantage of this but if we keep it within the community it'll probably work out all right . I have tons of stuff, some good brands, some take offs and some that I just ended up with. If any of you that correspond on these forums regularly, know of someone needing something I don't think any of us would be taken advantage of if you vouched for them. Example: If BA rode with someone that just broke his handlebar and lets us know, then I would trust that BA would not steer me wrong. If AM knew someone that needed tires to keep riding, I'd trust that as well. We all know the members that are trustworthy and if someone did take advantage......Well, karma has a way of coming back your way. It's like the old saying, "What goes around, comes around". By the way, the bike that I will give away must be referred by someone that I trust and that has been a long standing member of this forum and this community and it will purposefully be hard, getting it will not be easy so if any of you know someone deserving, lets hear their story.....They won't be disappointed. Besides that, I am getting fatter and older and don't need so many toys.

the train keeps rollin
    I'm totally into Karma! Up for grabs, taking donations for shipping, pay actual shipping outside USA after receiving the item. Bad Karma to scammers!!

FSA 170XC stem 25.4 x 120mm x 5 rise (donation for shipping fees outside of the continental USA)

Set of Continental 2.3 Vertical Protection Tires, pratically new!. I would like to hear why you need these for free, humor me.

ControlTech 27.2 x 400mm seatpost, 1/2 inch offset. again, let's here why you need a post.

banned
    Way to go Snow Drifter. By the way, we could ask the recipients of these items, "Pay it forward". Kinda like the movie. Do something good for someone else. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside

the train keeps rollin
    EJ, pay it forward, there you go. I don't mind picking up the shipping if the cause is worthy... I've been pawning crap on fleebay, not really needing the meager amounts of cash I've been getting in return, would rather support my fellow MTBRs with some useful
    bits.

Ti is addictive
    Great Thread..........Curses to all scammers..........once we get this going, I got a few trinkets that I could part with as well. Never liked selling, but giving if its the right person for the right reason has always been my kinda thing.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

banned
    Out "frigging" standing. Thats the idea

"El Whatever"
    I'll chime in....

I have a set of Julie hydro disc brakes. Mind you they're 2002 and took a beating, and look fugly but are in perfect working order. Perfect for getting noookie points with the GF, for your kid's bike or the commuter.

Will fit most medium and small bikes, perfect for light riders. 5 year Warranty already expired, but I'll talk to my MaguraUSA buddies about you. They're both IS mounts and have 180mm/160mm rotors.

Let me know!!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Good idea. I know that Berkeley Mike, who usually haunts the Norcal board is a coach with the Northern California High-School racing league. He's always looking for parts so that some of the less-privileged kids ride on a team.

I'm sure there are similar needs more locally...
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

banned
    I have a set of wheels that I took off a Specialized Enduro after two rides. Mavic X223 rims specialized stout front hub and shimano rear. 8 front rotor and 6 back rotor. Wheels aren't the highest end but they are damn near perfect. Also a Camelback Lobo. It ain't pretty but it works. I do have a bike that is in perfect working order that I do not ride. It is a Trek 6000 with LX components, basic hardtail with a Titus cockpit (parts from my ML after I upgraded) Hutchinson Pythons, Manitou Xvert front fork, Flite Gel saddle, and Bontrager rims. It was my first bike and it has seen many a mile but everything works and there is no damage to it other than normal wear and tear. To give that up won't be easy but I can be swayed. Lets just figure out the most deserving person we can think of and I'll take care of the shipping. Let me know.

banned
    By the way, maybe the Titus board could infect some of the other boards and get this going really big. Can you imagine the good will that will spread? We could be an example of people in a sport that actually care. Who'd thunk it?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruAtma
    Good idea. I know that Berkeley Mike, who usually haunts the Norcal board is a coach with the Northern California High-School racing league. He's always looking for parts so that some of the less-privileged kids ride on a team.

I'm sure there are similar needs more locally...
    This is the stuff we need to hear. Be down with hearing from Berkeley Mike, GA, good to get some less privileged kids shreading again....

I have a 661 full carbon full face helmet size large, worn twice that I would give to a deserving rider whom frequents the boards... Sing out.....

Need to work out how we can list stuff that is being put forward.... Do we start another thread to list items / stuff.........??????????

"El Whatever"
    I have a 661 full carbon full face helmet size large, worn twice that I would give to a deserving rider whom frequents the boards... Sing out.....
    Hmmmm... I have a couple kids here in Mexico that are really proficient riders and are short on cash (well, they have not cash at all as they're just 17 or less, so they live from their parents). One of them is really good and needed on a good set of brakes and other stuff.

I'll ask their size.
    Check my Site

"El Whatever"
    Need to work out how we can list stuff that is being put forward.... Do we start another thread to list items / stuff.........??????????
    Yeah... we could do redirects on this sticky to those threads so we don't cluster the top of the page uselessly...
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Hmmmm... I have a couple kids here in Mexico that are really proficient riders and are short on cash (well, they have not cash at all as they're just 17 or less, so they live from their parents). One of them is really good and needed on a good set of brakes and other stuff.

I'll ask their size.
    Warp, let me know, those are the sorts of people I like stuff going to, hard grafters and getting amongst it.....

mtbr member
    Good to see this rolling forward. This is a passion thread if there ever was one. What you guys say to bumping it over?

Berkeley Mike, Warp, if you have a needed parts/gear list for the kids please post it when you can.
    I figure the odds be fifty-fifty.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast