Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Good job! Karma Bike Related Kit, To give or I need Thread

Hi All.

You may have read in previous posts, threads an idea that a number of MTBR buddies came up with in regards to many of us having components, tires or basically bike related kit that maybe lying around or surplus to our requirements..

Many of us do not want money for these items, we would like them to go to a good home of a fellow biker whom for some (many) reason is unable to get there steed up and running to ride.... Or you have a friend etc, whom cannot get into our sport and you feel would be worthy to recieve a bike etc...

There are numerous thoughts etc, but am sure you have gained an understanding to our idea.

The idea behind this is to help our fellow humans, we do not wish people to just take something because it is for free... Hence the Karma wording, if you just take for the wrong reason, the Karma bus will come and get you!

We are looking at this from a positve view point , we are not wanting to get bogged down in the negatives as to why this will not work...

Some guidelines:

Please post the items you wish to give away.

Please post items you would like or need.

The MTBR member whom has the item /s to give away, has the [SIZE="5"]final[/SIZE] say as to whom they give the item /s to.

Some MTBR members would like the reason etc as to why you need the item or why the MTBR member listing an item should give it to you, this is up to the member to decide..

Please attempt to keep back and forward messages of negotiation, reasons etc to PM's so as we can keep the thread containing items for give away or items wanted... For sure post how the transaction went so to speak or infor that you feel is pertinent....

[SIZE="2"]A Whafe disclaimer ( ) These are just thoughts, let me know if I should modify things, this can be done, this is an idea based on giving to those whom need etc, it will take time to get it into a smoorth running thing.......[/SIZE]
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"
    Good enough for me. Please, let me know your thoughts.

It's a sticky now and I still have a Magura Julie 2002 brakeset, perfect for that girlfriend, light dude or kid in need of a set of discs.

They're thrashed, but they work perfectly and they're just rotting in my parts bin.
    Check my Site

banned
    I have tires, down hill, xc and 29er, seats, seatpost, wheel sets, front fork, hydration packs, a Trek 6000 bike, hubs, and many, many other things. I may even include a Specialized Enduro Comp with upgraded wheels and front fork. The bikes will be purposefully very hard to get but they are up for grabs.

mtbr member
    I have two frames, one Trek 6000 17" Alu Hardtail in decent contdition, and a KHS XC504 4" travel frame with a Swinger 3-way air shock. I also have a bunch of odd drivetrain comps, v-brakes, etc that I will give away to anyone who really wants them.

mtbr member

I'm looking for...

A Pike Air or All Mountain I or SL with a 20 mm axle. I'd trade my Revelation 426 Dual air for it plus some cash if needed. I'm looking for something with a 20 mm axle.

mtbr member

What size is the KHS?

Quote Originally Posted by golfduke
    I have two frames, one Trek 6000 17" Alu Hardtail in decent contdition, and a KHS XC504 4" travel frame with a Swinger 3-way air shock. I also have a bunch of odd drivetrain comps, v-brakes, etc that I will give away to anyone who really wants them.
    If its 17" or smaller, I'd lile to build it up for my wife.

mtbr member
    Its a small, 16". red/white/black. If its getting built up for your wife, I require pics of her on it with as little clothing on as possible.

Just totally and completely kidding. Does your wife ride now, or are you trying to intro her to the sport?

txn
    mtbr member
    Tires are gone.

Anybody have a saddle they could Karma my way?
    Last edited by txn; 08-10-2007 at 10:11 AM.

"Its All Good"
    Titus team, we need to kick this in the butt and get it moving...........
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

banned
    We need to get the word to the other forums and get those deserving people to contact us. I have sent out one package. Just tires but I have a lot of other stuff but no one has contacted me. Like some young kid wanting to get in the sport or etc......

"El Whatever"
    I posted this on the mod's board... Those guys deserve some love...

(I've had enough from you guys, big thank you!!)
    Check my Site

searcher
    Good. I think the problem is that they don't know about this idea on the right places.
    I am curious.
    Kovi

"El Whatever"
    Demo... you're gonna rot in hell if you don't pass over your SuMo to AM...
    Check my Site

searcher
    Ok. Someone please Karma for my gf an xs RX and karma me an EG! Thats all I ask!
    Kovi

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Good. I think the problem is that they don't know about this idea on the right places.
    I am curious.
    Kovi, I think you are right. At first a couple of people were talking about different things that were needed but even they have not followed up.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    signing in....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by txn
    Tires are gone.

Anybody have a saddle they could Karma my way?
    I do have a couple saddle hanging about. What you lookin for?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm looking for a set of speedplay frogs, or any time ATACs in decent shape for pretty cheap. I'm having a hard time choosing a pedal right now, so I'd like to try these before I buy a new set.

I also have a set of IRC Mythos 2.1 tires. If someone wants them and can pay shipping, they are yours. They probably have 20 miles on them in the 2 years Ive had them.

Also have 1 WTB nanoraptor. Its either a 2.0 or 2.1. Also free if you pay shipping. It has some threads showing but has decent tread left. Would make a great tire for a beater or a commuter.

mtbr member

Riding in Iraq

If you really want some karma points you can send your excess parts to me here on FOB Marez in Mosul Iraq. I know it looks pretty crappy asking for hand outs on my first post here. The last time I posted on MTBR was probably around 1999-2000, but being in Iraq with my bike has re-energized my riding. My friends and I have 5 bikes that we ride most everyday. Other than the bike I brought from home, most of them have been passed down from unit to unit and are in poor shape. Tubes, tires, brake pads and grips are all in bad shape due to the sun and 100 plus degree temperature.

The riding here is mostly broken pavement, dirt roads, and a little cross country off road thrown into the mix. If I could get the lazy asses I work with to help Id be able to get some good single track built as there is some really cool terrain here.

If anyone would like to help out PM me, and Ill send you the address. Shipping is to an Army Post Office, so its not anymore expensive than shipping something to the east coast. The only thing is a customs form needs to be filled out.

txn
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin'in'Zona
    I do have a couple saddle hanging about. What you lookin for?
    Dude, your inbox is full.

Nevermind; Craigslist saved the day.
    Last edited by txn; 09-06-2007 at 12:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Wow! This is such an awesome idea for a thread.

I have only been a member of this site for a short time, but the knowledge and generosity I have seen from the members here is incredible. I too hope to be able to give back as you gents are. Truly admirable!

I will throw my story out here in hopes that Karma will be good to me.

I used to be an avid biker. Nothing hardcore, but I rode nearly everyday. I was pretty heavy into BMX riding and toward the end, I dabbled a bit with mountain biking. Life and work got in the way and mountain biking got put on the back burner. Now after 20 or so odd years, I am trying to get back into things. Needless to say after 20 years I was a bit sticker shocked at how much a decent hardtail mountain bike is going to cost. I am slowly working my way up to a point where I can buy a new bike. My goal is around $400 and if I sell some stuff, I should be there in a few months.

My main objective with getting back into mountain biking is to get back into shape. Being able to spend time with my wife and son as well as being able to venture out on my own would be a much needed benefit.

I guess I need to add what item(s) I need.
    A hard tail mountain bike to get me going again would be incredible. However, some components to upgrade a bike when I could afford to buy one would be killer too.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by bcampbe7
    Wow! This is such an awesome idea for a thread.

I have only been a member of this site for a short time, but the knowledge and generosity I have seen from the members here is incredible. I too hope to be able to give back as you gents are. Truly admirable!

I will throw my story out here in hopes that Karma will be good to me.

I used to be an avid biker. Nothing hardcore, but I rode nearly everyday. I was pretty heavy into BMX riding and toward the end, I dabbled a bit with mountain biking. Life and work got in the way and mountain biking got put on the back burner. Now after 20 or so odd years, I am trying to get back into things. Needless to say after 20 years I was a bit sticker shocked at how much a decent hardtail mountain bike is going to cost. I am slowly working my way up to a point where I can buy a new bike. My goal is around $400 and if I sell some stuff, I should be there in a few months.

My main objective with getting back into mountain biking is to get back into shape. Being able to spend time with my wife and son as well as being able to venture out on my own would be a much needed benefit.

Great, kiddo...

But what exactly do you need, bro?

Stuff is there to be taken, just shoot...
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Great, kiddo...

But what exactly do you need, bro?

Stuff is there to be taken, just shoot...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcampbe7
    I guess I need to add what item(s) I need.
    A hard tail mountain bike to get me going again would be incredible. However, some components to upgrade a bike when I could afford to buy one would be killer too.
    I forgot to add that. It is there now.

banned
    How far are you from Birmingham?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE JONES
    How far are you from Birmingham?

2.5 to 3 hours...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast