Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

Jenson frame recall ?!

Is there some sort of recall of seatstays of the older Titus FTMs like jenson is selling? There's a guy on pinkbike whining about a spaghetti rear end on a "new" frame from Jenson which oh my god...Titus dared asked for pictures of... and that the serial # wasn't good enough for them to just give him a new frame.

Sounds fishy to me and others on there. He now claims MBA pulled their review (presume he means an online one, since the print magazine review they ran a few months ago didn't cover any such problem) and that there's big recall and everything.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    I highly doubt the new managment at titus would do a recall on frames they had nothing to do with. Some one is talking out his/her butt.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

"El Whatever"
    "Light Rail" Carbon 2009 rear ends indeed were failing a lot. 2010/2011 ones were revised and have been fine so far.

Titus never did a recall and I highly doubt On One will, as terrible mentioned.

Also, it wasn't rare for Titus to ask for pictures of failing components. Mind you, just because you said a frame broke I wouldn't send a new one without at least seeing a picture, but that's just me. It's not like they were asking the failed piece to be sent back or anything.

Also, a full frame replacement for a broken rear? That's kind of outside industry standard, isn't it? Most manufacturers will happily provide you with a new rear end (maybe even in a different colour than yours, like Giant usually does).

On One is backing fully all frames purchased after the buy-out, but the ones bought before then, they're dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Check the "sad day" thread.
    Check my Site

The Cheater
    IMO, those older Light Rails aren't really designed to be used for trail. Granted I've used my 2009 X down some pure rock descends and jumps with no issue, but looking at how thin that carbon seatstay is I believe it is very much possible that given the terrains a trail bike like the FTM has to face daily, they'll break real fast.
    Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

mtbr member
    Well I beat on mine pretty hard and never had issues with the seat stay. But, the wifes new 2010 looks alot more beefy.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Except the whiner on pinkbike claims the floppy rear end was evident riding down the driveway immediately after it was built and still new. Its an amusing read...

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listco...9924&pagenum=1
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Mine flexed some but it wasn't built to be a dh bike. You have to know the limitations of the bike you build. You don't put together a unicycle to win wheelie competitions.

At Work
    I have never noticed any flex on my 09.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    I cracked two versions of the '09 FTM seatstays. Third time was a charm though. They are holding true. I have to say they were a little flexy in certain situations, but I recently converted my rear hub to a 10mm thru-bolt and it has made all the difference in the world.

I really like this bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    http://www.mbaction.com/Main/News/Te..._FTM_1739.aspx

You're wrong AGAIN Terrible! Stop talking about things you don't know about. Your shop should be embarrassed and your mom's not proud of you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velveeta View Post
    http://www.mbaction.com/Main/News/Te..._FTM_1739.aspx

You're wrong AGAIN Terrible! Stop talking about things you don't know about. Your shop should be embarrassed and your mom's not proud of you.
    Nothing that Terrible said in this thread seems out of line. What is your beef with him?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Nothing. He's a phenomenal guy to have weigh in on tech questions. You know... because he works in a shop. Didn't you get that memo? He works in a bike shop that sells and services bikes.

"El Whatever"
    Guys, if you have personal issues with each other, deal with it person to person via PM or email.
    Check my Site