mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Jekyll to ML, what i diff.

I just got a used ML. I love it. what i diff. much stiffer and smooth. I did notice that the front wanted to come up more than the jekyll. I only went for one ride so far and still have to dial it in a bit. But just WOW. I also thought about getting the Yeti 575, and like the ML ride much better.

"Its All Good"

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by ejasonm
    I just got a used ML. I love it. what i diff. much stiffer and smooth. I did notice that the front wanted to come up more than the jekyll. I only went for one ride so far and still have to dial it in a bit. But just WOW. I also thought about getting the Yeti 575, and like the ML ride much better.
    Dude, welcome to the land of mass Titi............. That looks a great bike, taking into consideration you said it is used, it is immaculate. Well done enjoy.. Am sure once it is dialled in it will be even better...................Good luck...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"
    Great bike, man!!!

Keep giving us your impressions as time goes by.

What about those Time Z? I kinda have always wanted a pair of those. Seems like I need a pair of times soon, anyways, as my knees hurt a bit when pedaling and it's not a saddle height issue.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Used? Wow that is pristine condition. Congrats on your new ML.

Bike to the Bone...
    I'm sort of in the same ship... went from a Jekyll 800 to a Stumpjumper FSR to a Moto Lite, and I've liked every jump. The ML just rocks! Nice bike you got there

ಠ_ಠ
    Sweet buy, and used - you must've gotten a great deal..

Funny, I came off a Jekyll as well. The biggest difference to me are the ability to pedal uphill while standing without spinning out and having active suspension while going down while braking - both huge advantages!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i went for another ride today, only 1.5 hours, and in houston it is slim pickins... but damn on the same trails in memorial park, it seemed like i was whipping through there. i just got back from a trip to Co. and Moab. damn i wish i had this bike then.
    I just need a new seat, my ass is killing me. LOL. I may be moving to either the Denver area or Philly area. (family is near philly, but i love Co. and the lifestyle there) what to do??? Any recomended seats out there?

ಠ_ಠ
    Any recomended seats out there?
    WTB Rocket V is the one I like the best.

"Its All Good"
    i went for another ride today, only 1.5 hours, and in houston it is slim pickins... but damn on the same trails in memorial park, it seemed like i was whipping through there. i just got back from a trip to Co. and Moab. damn i wish i had this bike then.
    I just need a new seat, my ass is killing me. LOL. I may be moving to either the Denver area or Philly area. (family is near philly, but i love Co. and the lifestyle there) what to do??? Any recomended seats out there?
    Would agree with Duly, I have gone to a Fizik on this build, but miss the WTB, they make real good comfy saddles......................For a second time, that is a magic lookign bike for a used, did the previous owner hang it on the wall as a piece of art? Good for you though...........his loss, your Gain YEAH HA
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr

Funny, I came off a Jekyll as well. The biggest difference to me are the ability to pedal uphill while standing without spinning out and having active suspension while going down while braking - both huge advantages!
    I agree with you Dulyebr , ML defenitely has the "ability to pedal updhill while standing without spinning out" I had this experience yesterday while I came side by side a single speeder yesterday during a long climb.... if I did not stood up, the guy could have overtaken me ....

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sweet build. I also want Salsa Skewers. (: I have an Selle Italia SLR XP saddle and really recommend it, so comfy, slim and beatiful.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr

I came off a Jekyll as well, and although I didn't end up buying a ML I tested them out several times. The ML certainly has much better climbing and braking characteristics than the Jekyll.

On the Jekyll I always felt like my riding had somewhat maxed out the bike's capabilities, which is something I don't feel on my new bike. Getting the rear shock on the Jekyll PUSH'd was a big help, but still a long way from a ML (or another comparable nameless bike... ).

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

pushed jekyll shock

morning,
    which fox did you have done? friend of rides one & i'm trying to convince him to send it in.his jekyll doesn't even have rebound. ridiculous!
    thanks

thats right living legend

Come On Now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    I came off a Jekyll as well, and although I didn't end up buying a ML I tested them out several times. The ML certainly has much better climbing and braking characteristics than the Jekyll.

On the Jekyll I always felt like my riding had somewhat maxed out the bike's capabilities, which is something I don't feel on my new bike. Getting the rear shock on the Jekyll PUSH'd was a big help, but still a long way from a ML (or another comparable nameless bike... ).

You've been such a great help to me, and "I'm sure" others over here, that you can go ahead and name that SWEET, SWEET 575 you have... LOL.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge
    morning,
    which fox did you have done? friend of rides one & i'm trying to convince him to send it in.his jekyll doesn't even have rebound. ridiculous!
    thanks
    My Jekyll had a basic Float on it, and was the same as your friend's with no external rebound adjustment. That was one of the big reasons that I got it PUSH'd originally as I am 195 and the stock rebound damping was terrible for me.

I had the original PUSH piston (back in the real early days), then got the new custom one which was even better. I was never just thrilled with my Jekyll, but the PUSH upgrade to the shock was the best money that I ever spent on that bike, bar none.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

float push

my riding partner is going to be sooo happy ...thanks