All Lefty's, all the time Moderator

It's here, now where are my wheels? =:)

Just thought I'd share, I'll post build pics, and a ride report soon, man is it pretty!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Mendon,

You got one too with both the Titus top and down tube. Sweet! I had the gang build me the same thing a few months ago but did not get the seat tube though as I wanted an oversize seat tube. My frame is SS only with no cable stops. I am still a ways from getting my built but will post pictures as well once I get the rest of the parts in the shop here. And then finding time to build it is another issue.

Frank

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Just thought I'd share, I'll post build pics, and a ride report soon, man is it pretty!
    Yum Yum Yum, looks superb. The feeling I got when I took the ML out of the box is still with me. I so love the ExoGrid, glad I went for it now...............

That in a SS 29er would do me great....................

Look forward to seeing it built MCS.....Great Stuff
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Quote Originally Posted by frannek
    Mendon,

You got one too with both the Titus top and down tube. Sweet! I had the gang build me the same thing a few months ago but did not get the seat tube though as I wanted an oversize seat tube. My frame is SS only with no cable stops. I am still a ways from getting my built but will post pictures as well once I get the rest of the parts in the shop here. And then finding time to build it is another issue.

Frank

An OS seat tube? what size is yours? Mine's a 30.9, in Exo. I specd 27.2, I guess that's what they had "laying around=" I also had no idea on the dual Titus logo's, but you can bet I smiled when I pulled it out. It's built, gonna go ride shortly, I'll post a few build pics, and a first impression shortly.

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Here's the preliminary build. Ultimately, it will have a Lefty Max 140 TPC, and corresponding I9 wheel. The Saint 8" in front is overkill I know, but my lord it feels nice. First ride impressions? Wow. I rode this thing like a full blown dual squishy, no real saddle unweighting to speak of, and I feel great. I am beyond impressed. again, Wow. I'll tell more after a few more rides, and a bit of dialing, ...and Leftyizing=

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Here's the preliminary build. Ultimately, it will have a Lefty Max 140 TPC, and corresponding I9 wheel. The Saint 8" in front is overkill I know, but my lord it feels nice. First ride impressions? Wow. I rode this thing like a full blown dual squishy, no real saddle unweighting to speak of, and I feel great. I am beyond impressed. again, Wow. I'll tell more after a few more rides, and a bit of dialing, ...and Leftyizing=
    Looks great, sweet looking ride, be interestign to see the Lefty on.... Is I9 building you a special hub? or going with the standard Lefty type hub?
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Gravity Tester
    Not to throw water on a neat idea, but... I've seen 1.125 head tube / frame juntures defeated by the additional forces of the Lefty. They were aluminum frames though. I know the C-dale O.E. Lefty equiped bikes like the Prophet have a 1.5er. Any advisories from Titus on the subject? I'd hate to see that lovely frame mangled in an non-warrantied fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss
    Not to throw water on a neat idea, but... I've seen 1.125 head tube / frame juntures defeated by the additional forces of the Lefty. They were aluminum frames though. I know the C-dale O.E. Lefty equiped bikes like the Prophet have a 1.5er. Any advisories from Titus on the subject? I'd hate to see that lovely frame mangled in an non-warrantied fashion.

Well.....Chris was told at the outset that it would be a Lefty equipped rig, and was designed accordingly, the beauty of custom! No mention was made as to lack of warranty, or any such nonsense, so I feel comfortable. Also, I tend to feel that those who damage bikes via Lefty's were probably going to do the same thing with any fork. I mean, it's all about maximum axle to crown for a given frame. Ride a Fox 36 on a lightweight XC weenie ride, beat the crap out of it like it stole from you, and you'll rip headtubes off with regularity. The Lefty has no special powers, I'm not sure where this idea comes from. A 520 AtoC fork is the same lever, whether Marzocchi, Manitou, Cannondale, etc. Thanks for mentioning it though, it's a point that needs to be considered for those thinking of doing the same thing.

Whafe, the I 9's come with their own Lefty hub, sweetness=

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

"El Whatever"
    That's a VERY sweet bike!!!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Mendon,

I wanted to use a 30.9 seat post size and not a 27.2 seat post. So, I did not opt for the Exogrid seat tube. The reason we have both tubes with the Titus logo is to get the correct frame stiffness for the 29ers. Chris and I talked about this for a little while. Down tube is the same one used in the Racer-X design with the top tube being the down tube from the road frames. Exogrid is the nicest ride I have ever owned, and I have ridden quite a few bikes over the years. Love my Exogrid road bike as well as my Racer-X. Post pictures once you put the Lefty on there. Definitely would like to see it.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frannek
    Mendon,

I wanted to use a 30.9 seat post size and not a 27.2 seat post. So, I did not opt for the Exogrid seat tube. Frank
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying, mine is built for 30.9, not 27.2, I wanted , and expected 27.2, but was told after the fact, that it was 30.9. My over arching concern was the having Exo seat tube, which I did get, so hence, my confusion. The tubes do ride quite unlike other frames, I'm just loving it. My demo road frame on the floor, may become a "permanent resident"= Here's a random pic from tonight, looks like a happy bike!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

thats right living legend
    Even just a random pic of those things...KILLZ IT!!!!!

Peace Coast Style
    I still cant beleive that that things 24 lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

mtbr member
    now that is funny. everything is here except my frame..
    my motolite should be here tomorrow though
    "who's pushing the pedals on the season cycle?" -xtc