Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Introduction

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31

    Introduction

    My name is Ben Webster and I am currently working the Titus email and phone lines and whatever else needs done. I wanted to introduce myself to the fine people of the Titus forums.

    I have been with Titus since 2003 and have a fair bit of knowledge about the brand and models. I was hired by Mr. Cocalis and have some experience of doing a little bit of everything. I will be checking in regularly, so if there are any questions you have for me, drop them here and I will to get to them.

    I will tell you now that we are working hard to get the brand moving past the problems of last year. We have a lot of ideas for new models and current model improvements. We are not going away but I think only getting better. We are hearing and seeing what people are asking for and wanting from us and we are taking a lot of it into consideration.

    Many of you know that it is Titus's 20th year anniversary. We want to celebrate this achievement. Be looking for the Titus heritage to be celebrated.

    Also be sure to hassle Shiggy into coming to your town. He will be out with the demos and we hope to have his appearance schedule posted on the website shortly.

  2. #2
    jps
    jps is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    49

    Hi BEN!!! Where ya BEEN?

    Hey Ben, I have been hoping to catch up with you! Been missing you at the races. Glad you are still with Titus!! I am still rocking the XCarbon and Titus kit and loving it. I do have a timely question, as you were the first person I thought of when thinking who to ask, but didn't have your # or email!! I want to go 2X, XTR crankset and was hoping to get the correct Qfactor...which one would I need for a 42/30?? Hope you are doing well. Still in PHX??? You riding? Thanks a lot for posting here. I was totally bummed when I read the news re: Titus, but am hopeful now that Shiggy/On One have stepped up to carry on. Would hate to have to race another brand.........
    Thanks (and to BikerBob too!)
    John Sawasky

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31

    No longer flying the AZ flag

    John,

    I am no longer in the PHX. I migrated with the bikes. I am in southern Oregon getting a little taste of FLG weather. It's good to see that you are still flying the Titus banner out on the MBAA circuit. I have got some cross/road rides in here. The trails are covered in snow but will definitely be getting on the Ashland trails soon. Tell grandpa and everyone on the start line I said what's up.

    For the cranks, if you get anything with a 165 om more Q factor you will be clear. This is the same q factor that we recommend in the XX and other Sram cranks as well.

    (650)-2845563 is the new Titus direct line. Hit me up for anything you need. If you and the fam are looking for a vacation in the summer months you should think about a roady up here. I will show you around and there are some great races going on.

    Good to hear from you.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,828
    Glad o hear we have another "inside man" on the job. Still happy with me EG (more than happpy really) so don't let the engineers go to crazy if they decide to make some changes.

    Thanks for the heads up and keep the ball rolling for us.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  5. #5
    jps
    jps is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    49
    Good for you and the family, Ben! You had a major change of scenery...for the better! You will just have to adapt to the weather now that it is a bit more Flagstaff-like! You just had a major upgrade in the 'cross scene too, you lucky dog. Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated. And for anyone else reading this, Ben has been with Tituts, working and racing for a long time, and has always been super helpful and easy to deal with. For selfish reasons I am sad to see him leave the state, but having Ben in OR will help greatly with the transition.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31

    Thanks

    John,

    Thanks for your well wishes and vote of confidence.

    Keep me updated on the racing in AZ.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,240

    Good job! x2

    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    Glad o hear we have another "inside man" on the job. Still happy with me EG (more than happpy really) so don't let the engineers go to crazy if they decide to make some changes.

    Thanks for the heads up and keep the ball rolling for us.

    More than happy here. .and waiting for teaser post on the next EG.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    238
    .....Same, only the FTM.
    Last edited by doralswheels; 03-01-2011 at 07:40 PM.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31

    Teasers

    I think we have a great stable of steeds.

    That being said there is always something that can be done to improve or adapt each model. We have ideas for all them. Some will come sooner than others.

    I have been asked quite a bit about TI production. I can tell you that TI is in the future.

    The El Guapo will get *&^%&% and will have $#@^&%$ added as well.

    The FTM will get a (*&^%$%$#^^ and will run %$#@%^&*&^.

    Cheers

  10. #10
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Hi Ben....is it fair to say that there are probably no more spare parts left for Racer-X and Motolite models?????
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31

    Spare parts

    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Hi Ben....is it fair to say that there are probably no more spare parts left for Racer-X and Motolite models?????
    In terms of spare parts for the Racer X and Moto Lite, the most important item that we do not have available at the moment is the seat stays for both.

    The spare parts that we do have currently for those models are:
    Racer X- chain stay, carbon rockers, bearings/bushings, bolts/washers, hangers, some decals
    Moto Lite- chain stay, carbon rockers for sm/xs (carbon rockers for md/lg are on order and should be here with in the month), bearings/bushings, bolts/washers, hangers, some decals

    In April of 2010 there was a PO submitted to the factory that produces the seat stays for us. They were made but could not be paid for. They remain there at the factory and are being used as a bargaining chip against Planet X/On One for unpaid balances remaining from the previous company.

    As I have pointed out we have tried repeatedly to purchase these parts in the past few months and have made no headway with them. We will continue to negotiate with them to get the seat stays. I wish I had a more firm time line than this but for now this is all the information I have.

    We are trying our best to support as many current Titus riders as possible, now and in the future. We will support all the frames that we are selling now with either the parts that are needed or a comparable model. Hope this gives a good idea of the support for the Racer X and Moto Lite frames.

    Cheers

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6
    nevermind/wrong forum
    Last edited by KEWLSPOT; 03-05-2011 at 08:27 AM.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by TitusBen
    In terms of spare parts for the Racer X and Moto Lite, the most important item that we do not have available at the moment is the seat stays for both.

    The spare parts that we do have currently for those models are:
    Racer X- chain stay, carbon rockers, bearings/bushings, bolts/washers, hangers, some decals
    Moto Lite- chain stay, carbon rockers for sm/xs (carbon rockers for md/lg are on order and should be here with in the month), bearings/bushings, bolts/washers, hangers, some decals

    In April of 2010 there was a PO submitted to the factory that produces the seat stays for us. They were made but could not be paid for. They remain there at the factory and are being used as a bargaining chip against Planet X/On One for unpaid balances remaining from the previous company.

    As I have pointed out we have tried repeatedly to purchase these parts in the past few months and have made no headway with them. We will continue to negotiate with them to get the seat stays. I wish I had a more firm time line than this but for now this is all the information I have.

    We are trying our best to support as many current Titus riders as possible, now and in the future. We will support all the frames that we are selling now with either the parts that are needed or a comparable model. Hope this gives a good idea of the support for the Racer X and Moto Lite frames.

    Cheers
    I can use a rocker arm replacement for my 05 Medium motolite.

  14. #14
    searcher
    Reputation: kovi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by TitusBen
    I think we have a great stable of steeds.

    That being said there is always something that can be done to improve or adapt each model. We have ideas for all them. Some will come sooner than others.

    I have been asked quite a bit about TI production. I can tell you that TI is in the future.

    The El Guapo will get *&^%&% and will have $#@^&%$ added as well.

    The FTM will get a (*&^%$%$#^^ and will run %$#@%^&*&^.

    Cheers
    That sounds interesting! Exactly what you should do!
    Kovi

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    190
    Nice to hear from you Ben! Glad to see that Titus is still being taken cared of. Can't wait to see what the future holds! Lots of loyal Titus users here in the Philippines! Can't wait for more ti!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Colddiver98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    107
    Ben,

    Thanks for taking the time to post up some information. I am fairly new to Titus and had bought an EG last year over a comparably priced Spec Enduro. I LOVE MY BIKE! and hope that the parts will be available to keep it rolling down the road. If that's the case then I look forward to my next Titus frame upgrade.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Colddiver98
    Ben,

    Thanks for taking the time to post up some information. I am fairly new to Titus and had bought an EG last year over a comparably priced Spec Enduro. I LOVE MY BIKE! and hope that the parts will be available to keep it rolling down the road. If that's the case then I look forward to my next Titus frame upgrade.

    It is good to have you in the Family.

    We are working hard to keep the support going for all the bikes.

    Just let me know when you are ready for your upgrade.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,240
    more travel and thru ax check and check

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lab28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37
    oops...
    Titus Eleven / Merlin XLM / Seven Sola

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lab28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37
    Hi Ben !
    You said that you migrated wih the bikes to the Southern Oregon. If I well understand, the Titus Headquarters also left Phoenix , right ?
    And another question, does the titanium frames will always be made in USA or somewhere else ?

    A french Titus owner

    French Titus official topic :
    http://forum.velovert.com/topic/8650...el/page__st__0

    Titus Eleven / Merlin XLM / Seven Sola

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31

    We have moved

    Quote Originally Posted by Lab28
    Hi Ben !
    You said that you migrated wih the bikes to the Southern Oregon. If I well understand, the Titus Headquarters also left Phoenix , right ?
    And another question, does the titanium frames will always be made in USA or somewhere else ?

    A french Titus owner

    French Titus official topic :
    http://forum.velovert.com/topic/8650...el/page__st__0

    We have moved the headquarters to southern Oregon into the same building as the On One distributor for the U.S.

    In the past few years, much of the ti production had been moved to first Litespeed and most recently Lynskey, which are both located in Tennessee. We have already had very productive negotiations with Lynskey to continue to produce the ti models.
    Last edited by TitusBen; 03-10-2011 at 10:27 AM.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    73
    Ben,
    Thanks for your help a few months ago sourcing some small bits and a chainstay for my '09 Motolite.

    Please do keep us in the loop regarding the seatstays - I'd like to pick one up as crash insurance.


    Andreas
    '09 Titus Motolite

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31

    You are welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by AOW162435
    Ben,
    Thanks for your help a few months ago sourcing some small bits and a chainstay for my '09 Motolite.

    Please do keep us in the loop regarding the seatstays - I'd like to pick one up as crash insurance.


    Andreas

    Andreas,

    I am hoping after the Taipei Bike Show next week I will have some information on the seat stays. I will be sure to keep you posted.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoreta
    Nice to hear from you Ben! Glad to see that Titus is still being taken cared of. Can't wait to see what the future holds! Lots of loyal Titus users here in the Philippines! Can't wait for more ti!
    Another cry for help from the Philippines! We are looking forward to your revival. Hoping for more spares for the ML, RX, and FTM frames!

    Good job, Ben!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,240
    Hey Ben,

    What are the options for the Titus bars and stem?? width rise length etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •