Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ಠ_ಠ

I ♥ my MotoLite

Still one of the best bikes evar!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I ♥ my MotoLite-img_2611_2.jpg  

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Just needs a basket for all the wildflowers!

ಠ_ಠ

still the one

Yep, this is what I hear in my head everytime I ride:

You're still the one -- that I love to touch
    Still the one -- and I can't get enough
    We're still having fun, and you're still the one

You're still the one -- who can scratch my itch
    Still the one -- and I wouldn't switch
    You are still the one -- that makes me shout
    Still the one -- that I dream about
    You're still the one, yeah still the one

mtbr member
    Man, the old bike still looks great. The ML was a great bike. Hopefully Titus will bring it back.

mtbr member
    Nice. Some things are just hard to improve upon. I just hung a new dive train and hydraulic disc brakes on my 8 year-old HH100x and took it for a spin the other day and was impressed again what a rockin' good bike it is.

Adventure Mapper
    Yeah, I still love mine too. Bought mine new in 2006, thought of replacing it with something newer....until the next ride I took on it! HA! These are great bikes indeed.

How old is yours? What are you using to protect the chainstay from chain slap (it looks super thin, if there is anything at all)?
    I make maps and ride a SS El Mariachi with a rigid Fargo fork:
    http://forgivenick.wordpress.com/

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by forgiven_nick
    Yeah, I still love mine too. Bought mine new in 2006, thought of replacing it with something newer....until the next ride I took on it! HA! These are great bikes indeed.

How old is yours? What are you using to protect the chainstay from chain slap (it looks super thin, if there is anything at all)?
    I bought mine in May 2005. I just recently replaced the decals, which made it look new again. I still remember the brown box coming to my office, and the look of the secretary when I took it out to show her (she didn't care... at all).

I'm using clear 3M frame protection on the chainstay, top and bottom; plus a little on the inside of the seatstay. It works great.

mtbr member
    I love mine. Best bike I've ever owned. The only thing I would like is a spare rear end in case those carbin stays snap!

Dozer
    Quote Originally Posted by starsky
    I love mine. Best bike I've ever owned. The only thing I would like is a spare rear end in case those carbin stays snap!
    I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone's carbon seatstays breaking on a Moto. Now, the LightRail is a different story...

I love my ML. The only thing improvement I could recommend is maybe a little more rear tire clearance for those of us who want to run an honest-to-god 2.3+ in the midwestern mud.

Oh, and a larger seatpost to widen the selection of dropper posts available to us.

Ultimated Outsider
    I love mine too, I just went Dyna 2x10 on mine. Part change but the frame stays the same.

I ♥ my MotoLite-ml210.jpg
    Last edited by sundowner; 04-23-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    If I disagree with you, it's because you are wrong.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Love mine too. Only thing that ever bothers me is how fast I go through DU bushings on my rear shock, but that's a Horst Link design issue. I look at all the newer 120 travel bikes that have come out in the last few years, and the ML still is at the top with any of them. Sure it's not as light as some of the newer carbon frames, but it still rocks. I race it, I trail ride it. It's also the little things like the 2nd bottle mount that the newer Titus stuff left off that reminds me it was the last Titus I lusted after. The FTM's rear end never did it for me.

They need to bring the ML back, maybe just with a larger diameter seatpost, x-12 dropouts, and a tapered HT. A carbon version at 5lbs flat wouldn't be bad either.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Ditto the above, though I was slow to get on the Titus bandwagon. I've had mine now for over a year, and it's been great. I love the stiff rear end - which sounds unique to the ML at Titus. I also love the plush ride in the open RP2 (Pushed) mode - its like floating on a pillow. My next step is to install a Lefty Max Carbon 140 on it from my recently retired - God Rest Its Soul - Cannondale Prophet. Best of all worlds.

This tapered headtube trend disturbs me but didn't prevent me from buying the ML. It makes no difference. Just look at motorcycles and their small head tubes. My 568 lb Harley has a smaller headtube than my ML! Talk about the power of marketing to convice fools of something they think they "need". My Prophet had a full 1.5" top/bottom, yet no difference to me in front end stiffness over the 1 1/8 found on the ML.

thats right living legend
    I received mine the same month and year as Duls. It's now hanging from the ceiling of my garage with a cracked seatstay. I can't even bare to look up at it I want back on her so bad! I've destroyed my body so much I can barely get on anything these days, however.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I love my 2007 Motolite as well but, some paint (ano brown?) at the bottom of chainstay next to the chainrings have come off (from rocks, etc. hitting it) and now bare metal is showing. Just wondering if this reduces the integrity of the frame in any way? If not, I suppose one day, I can repaint the frame. Was considering buying an FTM frame and move parts over from the motolite. But, as the thread says, I love my Motolite.

Quote Originally Posted by FatTigerSonny
    I love my 2007 Motolite as well but, some paint (ano brown?) at the bottom of chainstay next to the chainrings have come off (from rocks, etc. hitting it) and now bare metal is showing. Just wondering if this reduces the integrity of the frame in any way? If not, I suppose one day, I can repaint the frame. Was considering buying an FTM frame and move parts over from the motolite. But, as the thread says, I love my Motolite.

Bad news. There's little else holding the bike together other than that thin coat of paint. If your MOUNTAIN BIKE is suffering from scratches I'm afraid its only a matter of time before the whole thing collapses beneath you.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    Ah, it is good to have blackagness back and surly as ever!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I guess I have overlooked the warning sticker that reads "If your paint scratches, please discard the bike. Ride at your own risk."

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Some ano brown paint?

stock paint= pansy cockface

Chain chews that joker up

Dozer
    Paint is lowest form of frame covering available. Anodized is where it's at. Falling somewhere between the two is a good powder coat.

It amazes me that a boutique bike company the caliber of Titus would use paint for a frame. Spend a few extra nickels and coat that thing with something durable!

Adventure Mapper
    how much does paint stripping and anodizing or powdercoating cost generally?

My top tube is getting dulled right now even. I tried waxing it with turtle wax, but no dice...still looks dulled.

My top tube is getting dulled right now even. I tried waxing it with turtle wax, but no dice...still looks dulled.
    Try bike wax. Its called something dust or I'll think of the name and post back. It'll work.

Far as the paint and chainsay business, all true enough but there's not a paint or any other application made that can withstand a chain knocking around on it constantly. That's what lizard sins are for.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Not trying to hijack this thread and no disrespect to dulyebr for starting this worthy thread. But, there are a few responses regarding paint. I'm not even saying that Titus or its paint contractor did a bad job. Where I ride, Chantry Flats, in the San Gabriel mountains, there are a lot of rocks. I could have easily caused the damage going over rocks. But, the way the chip paint looks is a bit strange, as the pic will show. If you hit a rock, the scratch is usually identifiable. On mine, it just seems that a patch of paint just fell off. But, I know that since the bare metal is scratched up a little bit, that I did hit something. Maybe caused a small scratch, and the paint just started peeling from there. Now, since its a patch of bare metal, and over welded areas, I was thinking this cannot be good for the longevity of the frame. Any opinions? Nevertheless, I love riding this bike. I just finished a ride and this is still my primary ride. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dozer
    I had an old cro-mo hardtail frame stripped/powdered a few years ago by a place in Michigan. www.powdercoatstudio.com/
    They specialize in bike frames, so they're awesome about plugging holes/masking/facing and chasing threads afterward. I think it cost me about $120+shipping (which was about $30). It's not cheap, but it was completely worth it. It was almost like getting a brand new bike!
    They have tons of colors, but I went with a really nice matte white. It has been extremely durable so far!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Those trails are good to go??

Not trying to hijack this thread and no disrespect to dulyebr for starting this worthy thread. But, there are a few responses regarding paint. I'm not even saying that Titus or its paint contractor did a bad job. Where I ride, Chantry Flats, in the San Gabriel mountains, there are a lot of rocks. I could have easily caused the damage going over rocks. But, the way the chip paint looks is a bit strange, as the pic will show. If you hit a rock, the scratch is usually identifiable. On mine, it just seems that a patch of paint just fell off. But, I know that since the bare metal is scratched up a little bit, that I did hit something. Maybe caused a small scratch, and the paint just started peeling from there. Now, since its a patch of bare metal, and over welded areas, I was thinking this cannot be good for the longevity of the frame. Any opinions? Nevertheless, I love riding this bike. I just finished a ride and this is still my primary ride. Thanks.

Thought they were still completely ruined from the fire.. anyway blackness speaks the truth, just use a protector. Rotate it once in a while, even the protector will get chewed up. And one on the seatstay too. Old tire works

*looking thru the noise in that pic, those are bite marks from chain slap.. anyone that still has paint there= pansy kackface
    Last edited by Deerhill; 04-15-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Adventure Mapper
    do you have a pic of the frame they did for you?

Thanks. yeahdawg.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast