Master of None

I couldn't resist!

Even though I own an '08 EG, I just bought a closeout EG model. Maybe it's the ISCG tabs, maybe it's the guy I talked to the other day that said he broke his old EG, maybe it's the cool orange and silver color, maybe it's the 1.5 head tube, maybe it's the better cable routing...

I was hemming and hawing - I don't really need a new frame, I do love my old EG. But at the closeout price it's a fantastic frame at a fantastic value.

I'll post up a pic when I get her built up!

searcher
    You did the right thing!
    Kovi

mtbr member
    maybe it's the guy I talked to the other day that said he broke his old EG,
    Pics or it didn't happen. El Guapos don't break, they just get sick of you.....
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

Master of None
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    Pics or it didn't happen. El Guapos don't break, they just get sick of you.....
    Sorry Not trying to fear-monger but two weeks ago a random guy saw my EG on the back of my car in the coffee shop parking lot (I don't drink coffee BTW, heh) and mentioned that was the best bike he ever owned. Then he went on to say that the frame broke and was't covered under warranty. The break apparently was at the junction of the top tube and the head tube. He said he'd like to say he was doing a big drop when it happened but it sounded like a fatigue failure.

My '08 frame is 4 years old almost, and people say that aluminum frames only last 5 years... I don't really buy into that but I do think that aluminum does not have infinite life.

mtbr member
    Could it possibly be the same guy that posted up on Titus facebook showing the crack on an 09 green EG? Was brought up in some threads around here. Sounds like crack area is the same.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...=o.41437234041

You are not alone
    Had the 09 silver couldn't resist and bought an orange/grey on closeout as well. Getting tired even though I could "hot-swap" from a burly build to an xc-ish setup <30mins

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den
    You are not alone
    I couldn't resist either. Sold my anno black coil sprung (ccdb/van36) medium '07 EG a week ago. Went a size smaller this time, a brown '10 EG, and going for all air too - going for the "lite" build as a crash last year has put me off doing the big stuff...
    should be about 5 pounds lighter than the last one, so might be a totally different feeling bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Where is the deal at for EG?

mtbr member
    It "was" at the titus factory store. I belive they are all out now?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    It "was" at the titus factory store. I belive they are all out now?
    nah, there's some still left

mtbr member

Yup, aiming for a 5-6 lb diff too

Quote Originally Posted by sclyde2
    I couldn't resist either. Sold my anno black coil sprung (ccdb/van36) medium '07 EG a week ago. Went a size smaller this time, a brown '10 EG, and going for all air too - going for the "lite" build as a crash last year has put me off doing the big stuff...
    should be about 5 pounds lighter than the last one, so might be a totally different feeling bike.
    Have to go slow with this second piece.. kind of a personal challenge to build something as light and bling as possible but still using sensible components.. wallet's gonna hurt for sure rushing into it and some parts i want arent even in actual production yet...

But still couldnt resist getting some new levers today..

Master of None
    My old fork was was dark green and just didn't match the new orange. My hardtail was begging for a new fork anyway so I swapped that one over.

So... New fork time! I picked up an X-Fusion Vengeance HLR in white and it's "Very Nice!" I took advantage of the larger headtube and went with the tapered fork steerer.

When it stops raining I'll post up a pic of the new built up frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by presslab
    My old fork was was dark green and just didn't match the new orange. My hardtail was begging for a new fork anyway so I swapped that one over.

So... New fork time! I picked up an X-Fusion Vengeance HLR in white and it's "Very Nice!" I took advantage of the larger headtube and went with the tapered fork steerer.

When it stops raining I'll post up a pic of the new built up frame.
    so it is all built up?

i'm still waiting on a few parts - headset, front wheel, shock (push'd monarch) and a few bits and pieces. frame, fork (tapered float rlc), rear wheel, drive train and brakes are just sitting there teasing me....
    this is gonna be a bling bike, that's for sure. first time i've gone a full groupset (except wheels - went for king instead).

Master of None
    Here is a quick piccie: