mtbr member
    Sep 2004

how's yer clearance, clarence?

thinking about throwing nevegal 2.35s on the SB...if they'll fit in the rear triangle.

anyone?
    Last edited by iridetitus; 12-17-2007 at 04:09 PM.
    ride fast...take chances...

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by iridetitus
    thinking about throwing nevegal 2.35s on the SB...if they'll fit in the rear triangle.

anyone?
    Do you have FR chainstays? Go for it.

You have the normal one, no go. Don't even dream about it.

Max you can fit on the normal chainstays is a 57mm wide tyres...

Here's a Rampage 2.35" on the normal stays...

One more thing, some rockers don't like big tyres, but I forgot which ones. My 5" for 5th Element are in peace with tall tyres.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    i think i have the normal ones, but measuring across the stays at the crest of the tire in there now (2.1) it looks to me 60/61mm wide.

?

edit: closer up to the welds, where i gather the tire - being bigger - will sit, it appears to be ~59mm wide. hence, iam guessing, yer saying it will fit max 57mm. so...how wide is a nev 2.35?
    ride fast...take chances...

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by iridetitus
    i think i have the normal ones, but measuring across the stays at the crest of the tire in there now (2.1) it looks to me 60/61mm wide.

?

edit: closer up to the welds, where i gather the tire - being bigger - will sit, it appears to be ~59mm wide. hence, iam guessing, yer saying it will fit max 57mm. so...how wide is a nev 2.35?
    The Nev, according to Shiggy's site is 60.7mm

That neglects even the widest part.

To overcome the narrow size, I rather pick tall tyres. Those fit easily. Think a Sturdy 2.25", Schwalbe NN 2.25", etc.

They give the required cushion, without giving up too much grip.

I have 61mm at the crest of the tyre... at the widest point of the tyre, it should be wider, but not enough to fit anything above 58mm for dry weather.
    Check my Site

not so super...
    Maxxis 2.35 tires are much closer to 2.1's and the High Roller works well in Ga soil.
    Nothing to see here.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Maxxis 2.35 tires are much closer to 2.1's and the High Roller works well in Ga soil.
    Indeed... I tried a Swampthing 2.35" DH casing and it fitted close to the NN's 2.25".

2.35" Maxxis are tall too, but with stiffer sidewalls. Should be pretty stable but I haven't tried.
    Check my Site