mtbr member
    Mar 2009

How will my new Racer-x Carbon handle with 80mm fork?

Does anyone know what the handling of a 2008 Medium Racer-x carbon would be like if i used an 80mm fork instead of a 100mm fork? I just bought a fox 32 f80 to go on the old bike and then I saw the Racer x Carbon for 50% off on chainlove, so i bought the frame...would hate to have to buy another new fork...any ideas or opinions or experience would be extremely helpful!! I will be using this as a endurace/xc race bike...Wish i could increase the travel on the 80mm up to 100mm but apparently you can't...sigh.

Thx in Advance!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaKing_Uro
    Does anyone know what the handling of a 2008 Medium Racer-x carbon would be like if i used an 80mm fork instead of a 100mm fork? I just bought a fox 32 f80 to go on the old bike and then I saw the Racer x Carbon for 50% off on chainlove, so i bought the frame...would hate to have to buy another new fork...any ideas or opinions or experience would be extremely helpful!! I will be using this as a endurace/xc race bike...Wish i could increase the travel on the 80mm up to 100mm but apparently you can't...sigh.

Thx in Advance!
    I'm new to the Titus family, but I'm 99.9% sure you'll be fine. I just picked a carbon and it is one fine ride! Check it out, I posted some pic's.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for the response...I am hoping it will be okay, maybe a little twitchy on the long fast fireroad downhills...I may give it a shot and if it's not right, I will update the internals of my fork and convert it to 100mm...will loose my remote lockout though. Can't wait to ride this thing...My frame will be here on thursday.

mtbr member
    If the 09's can use 80mm... Check out Competitivecyclist.com

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/mo...er-x-4484.html

You can send a note to Titus, or give them a call, they're good about responding.