mtbr member
    Sep 2005

How often do you replace your bearings on your ML

Hey everybody.

I have more or less finalised the build of my ML. Now i am looking at the cost of maintainence. I do have a few questions but i will post them later when the frame comes. But first on my list is, how often do you replace your bearings, where do you buy your bearings?

Thanks in advance
    Bob

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004

Situational

Quote Originally Posted by bobflyer
    Hey everybody.

I have more or less finalised the build of my ML. Now i am looking at the cost of maintainence. I do have a few questions but i will post them later when the frame comes. But first on my list is, how often do you replace your bearings, where do you buy your bearings?

Thanks in advance
    Bob
    This is highly situational, but I live and ride in wet muddy conditions here in Alaska and have yet to replace a single bearing with a cumulative 12 months of ride time on the bike and about 1300 miles.. Now that being said, the bearings do get contaminated easy and require routine cleaning and re-packing. The worst for me is the outer non-drive side main pivot bearing. This thing get mucked up easy. I clean and repack main pivot bearing on average every 60 days during the summer riding season.

The swing link bearings I've yet to maintain... I check them from time to time and they don't seem to get that dirty.

The HL bushings also need frequent attention. These are super easy to pop out, clean and lube.

Have fun,

EndUser
    My advice and $3 will buy you nothing more than a tunafish sandwich.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by bobflyer
    Hey everybody.

Thanks in advance
    Bob
    You can get the bearings and rebuild kit from bikerbob.

I'm positive other dealers like Speedgoat, Hammerhead and Chad have them too.

Another good option is enduroforkseals.com... Chris is a terrific guy to deal with. However, they don't have the other parts like the main pivot bolt, HL bushings, etc. But for pure bearings (most often), their enduro rock. Actually, only the bearings at the main pivot on a stock Titus are not Enduro brand.
    Check my Site